Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer MMORPG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jodome

Yep - Beta is up and running for quite some time now. And yes, members are allowed to confirm they are in the Beta without violating the NDA. However, that is ALL they are permitted to say.

2.3 Permitted Disclosures. You may disclose the information that is specifically identified in Addendum A

ADDENDUM A
    1. The fact that there is an Official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Beta Program.
    2. The fact that you are a member of the Official Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Beta Program.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

While you're waiting for those beta invites you can play with this

http://www.war-europe.com/#/orcanizer/?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i played wc3 for years and wow was the first mmo i ever played and thoroughly enjoyed my time...though when i got to max level i found grinding gear etc annoying.

the game was a very nice looknig diablo imo tbh...

but it was a good game and fun for time, but got boring and i never went back.

warhammer looks interesting.....conan i might have a look at

pvp was my interest, but i didnt wna spend 3 months grinding gear...

so depending on how the pvp shapes warhammer might get a purchase from lil old me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

i played wc3 for years and wow was the first mmo i ever played and thoroughly enjoyed my time...though when i got to max level i found grinding gear etc annoying.

the game was a very nice looknig diablo imo tbh...

but it was a good game and fun for time, but got boring and i never went back.

warhammer looks interesting.....conan i might have a look at

pvp was my interest, but i didnt wna spend 3 months grinding gear...

so depending on how the pvp shapes warhammer might get a purchase from lil old me

You'll probably want to see the video about how PvP works with the keeps system then.

http://www.war-europe.com/#/video/?lang=en

If you're in the beta go check the forums now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Cmon allready, whens release date.

Are they adding more detail to graphics? I know to never judge a game by footage released before the game is even finished, but I'm talking about some basic stuff.

I'm sure all cosmetics are at the end anyhow..

but yeh whens release date? MARCH YEH? nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

If you're in the beta go check the forums now.

Your Killing me!! ... for the love of little plastic baby jesus, will someone tell the commoners whats going on!?

Your Killing me!! ... for the love of little plastic baby jesus, will someone tell the commoners whats going on!?

All sorts of wonderful things, all of which are under NDA.

:eek:

You didn't by any chance give up your NDA for lent?

:eek:

You didn't by any chance give up your NDA for lent?

Tragically no, I'm not real big on religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

W00t!!! Beta invite!! I can't wait to get out of work and get my arse home :D

Nice one Lemming :o) Enjoy!!

Out of curiousity, what does the email from War look like the one where you get accepted? Would you notice it staright away? Even the subject line would be good.

I have high hopes for me! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Nice one Lemming :o) Enjoy!!

Out of curiousity, what does the email from War look like the one where you get accepted? Would you notice it staright away? Even the subject line would be good.

I have high hopes for me! ;)

As soon as you read the mail contents it'll be very obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Lemming wrote: »
    W00t!!! Beta invite!! I can't wait to get out of work and get my arse home :D

<Cartman>I hate you guys</Cartman>

It's purely jealousy, I assure you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

ive been in since last year.
    i think i was part of like the second batch accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Yeh, well my dad can beat your dad up :p

DILLIGAF wrote: »
    got a friend workin there, he's not all too impressed with it right now. we both worked for blizz and as much as he hates WoW he'd still play it more than WAR in its current state. im meh seeing as I havent played but i value his opinion would be close to mine

I don't think it's too fair a comparison between a complete game with 4 years of polish and additions and a game with large chunks missing and months from completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I think it's a fair point, even at launch the game will be demonstrably inferior to WoW in just about every way, with the possible exception of world PVP. If they mess that aspect up I'd say the game will be done for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Dr_Teeth wrote: »
    I think it's a fair point, even at launch the game will be demonstrably inferior to WoW in just about every way, with the possible exception of world PVP. If they mess that aspect up I'd say the game will be done for.
    As long as WArhammer doesn't turn into a grindfest like WoW when you reach the top level then I'll be happy

Unfortunatly death1234567, I think all MMO's have to keep adding new itemzz that send people back to the grinding stone.. hopefully this will be different though.

Can any of the Beta people tell us WITHOUT breaking they acursed NDA when the release date will be? Ive heard May but I also heard October.. ballparkish at all would be good.

Are you guys even allowed say what Char's Types your playing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Beta testers wouldnt be told when the release dats is i'm afraid. I'd say it will be puched back to july-august at this stage. Not enough has been released, with the latest release date set somewhere around May.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Unfortunatly death1234567, I think all MMO's have to keep adding new itemzz that send people back to the grinding stone.. hopefully this will be different though.
    Hopefully, that's the key to MMO's (IMO). Adding new content/items that keeps the game fresh for players rather than adding new content/items that just requires a seemingly endless grind, (e.g daily quests in WoW)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

DILLIGAF wrote: »
    something something
    You might consider doing your mate a favour and keep your trap shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

thanks vexorg :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

DapperGent wrote: »
    You might consider doing your mate a favour and keep your trap shut.

I'm afraid not chap. Don't need to, he hasn't signed an NDA with the company and is still free to openly discuss his position and opinions with whoever he wants to. They have yet to sort out a personal account for him and there is nothing in his contract in the form of a non-disclosure. I worked for blizz for long enough to know the constraints of such an agreement, so my trap can stay whatever it wants, that's according to him so I can respect that until such a time as he has a legal obligation. ;)

He's pretty happy that you guys take it so seriously anyway as no one else seems to care much apparently! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Muthic just recently invited Gamespy and IGN over for a qucik preview day, some nice info and good descriptions of the games features.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/860/860572p1.html

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/warhammer-online/860594p1.html

And there is a build up of rumours and speculation on some big news being revealed next week in Paris on the 26th. A countdown on www.war-europe.com has started and finishes then. Some say its either a confirmed release date or details on the pre-order/ open beta.

Whichever way it goes, I am now re-psyched about this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

my army application has more or less gone through so I dont think i'll ever get a chance to give it a go. But I'm sure by the time my career comes to an end there'll be shed loads of MMO's to choose from. still though.. :/

EA have announced that they're delaying it again till Autumn.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=128459

Must admit I'm relieved that EA aren't going to just shove it out the door arbitrarily, though by the time it's released I'll have been in the beta for 15 months which seems a tad excessive.

Delayed again..

Perhaps this is a taste of what we are going to get from now on..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

pity about the delay :(

Ah well, at least they've announced the Collector's Edition.

http://www.war-europe.com/#/event/?lang=en

Includes a beta key :D

Full list:

Minature of Grumlok and Gazbag. Would have prefered Eltahrion or Gortrek and Felix...
    Art Book
    Graphic Novel
    Mouse Pad (European Exclusive)
    In game item - Librams of Insight (Gives +10% exp for 60minutes, 3 charges)
    Bonus ingame quets.
    12 Exclusive heads (1 for each race/sex combo.)

Guaranteed BETA Access
    Live Game Head Start.
    2 Exclusive ingame items.

Advertisement