Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The amazing US Office Season 4 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

pH wrote: »
    Have to say I've hated the 2 newest post-strike episodes, can't put my finger on it but something seems different. Hope they pick up again, before these 2 it was one of my favourite things on TV.
    Last week's wasn't great except for one killer line:

When Michael is meeting Pam's landlady in Starbucks and he says "she's described herself as having brown hair, is wearing a black jumper and blue jeans" and he spots a woman with blonde hair and wearing a dress.

"That's her there.. 8 for looks and 3 for the ability to describe herself!".. had me in stitches! :D

Last week was patchy but the week before was brillant.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Agreed.... Michael was very OTT last week. Laughed at Wendy though. :)

The week before (Dinner Party) was fantastic

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Mr E wrote: »
    Agreed.... Michael was very OTT last week. Laughed at Wendy though. :)

The week before (Dinner Party) was fantastic

Michael was way OTT but I liked some of the one liners. WHen he was talking to Oscar it was class. Cant remember what it was exactly but it was along the lines of Oscar been a weiner eater!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I think the last couple of episodes have been a lot more cringeworthy alright .... but I'm glad it's back.

"It's not safe.. anything could have been in there! NICE TRY!!!"

:D

Toby putting his hand was Pam's knee was definitely the most cringeworthy thing that happened this week.. awkward! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Great episode IMO

Favourite line - Michael
    "I don't want to get ahead of myself but... I think I want her to meet my mom!"
    His face is perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

that spin off is goin to be coke snorting guy isn't it?

that spin off is goin to be coke snorting guy isn't it?
    "The Hobbit" or Ryan?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Dwight's reaction to the hot girl asking him to call her was brilliant.

Oh and The Wire reference was good to

• Advertisement

Stanley's rant was something else. Surprised it took so long for something like that to happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

that was a great episode, more about the whole office concept then the previous episodes.

It was one of those shows that I started watching and just got lost in my pile of other shows I had to watch. Picked up Season One on DVD a few months back and loved it and am curretnly working my way through season two. In fact I'm just watching episode 4 of S2 "The Fire" and Michael's reaction is brilliant.

It's an absolute joy to watch and is in many respects a far superior show to the original.

It seems that they are getting ready for the split into 2 shows.

Jim is gona get fired and he'll leave with Pam and he'll end up some were else.

Or the Temp will be demoted and Jim will take his place and bring Pam with him.

Last nights was good. Michael looks like he is getting closer to a nervous break down each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Last nights season finale was absolutely brilliant. So many great moments. I hope Amy Ryan sticks around for season 5. She was great. The Kevin storyline was hillarious.

And I miss Toby, already. :(

311m15w.gif

icon_lol.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Good finale, the Kevin bit was great.

I think that was the best office in a very very long time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Morgans

Agree. Top quality episode - best of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Absolutely top-notch episode! And so many one-liners to choose from. The Holly / Kevin stuff was side-splitting :D

Kevin: I am totally gonna bang Holly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Yes, first episode since the strike that I thought was back to the good old days. Well written and funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I agree, the finale was great... Poor Michael though...

The one fear i would have is that they drag out the Jim/Pam storyline too much... Just feckin ask her and move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

Agree with you on that the Jim/Pam thing is boring at this stage there only good when they prank Dwight together.

pity Michael aswell no matter how he acts you still have to love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Michael What's the group from Scranton that made it big ? Was that U2 ?

Jim Yes

.. as well as all the others already quoted.

A welcome return to form. Pity they left it all to the end.

Just back from the US. Half the NBC store is covered in Office merchandise. As good as sign as there is that we've plenty of years left

(ps bought a Michael Scott talking bobble head) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyone think this season has been poor enough?

I think the show has lost a bit of its momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

I wouldn't say it's been poor but this season was definitely the start of a slight dip in quality and I think it's mainly due to network interference. The double length episodes don't work well (with the finale being an exception) and the plans for a concurrent spin-off will just further dilute the show. However, once the same group of people stay working on it, I'm sure it'll continue to be a very good, well above average show.

quarryman wrote: »

Every US show lost momentum. They all had long series planned and then had to wrap up stuff very quickly after the strike. For a relatively slow burning show like the Office its obviously still going to stick out more. And it was still funnier than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Morgans

The office wasn't as good this season, even before the strike, so I wouldn't cite that as a reason. The hour long episodes didn't help at the beginning of the year. If it aint broke, why fix it. Should just leave the office crew do what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

aghh.... didn't realise it was last episode.

loved the bit with creed trying to say his job title and the kevin/holly and michael/toby storylines.

supernatural and the office over the same week :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

quarryman wrote: »
    Anyone think this season has been poor enough?

Certainly lost some of it's spark.

I hope next season is a return to form.
    Still excellent mind.

I think it's perhaps become a bit too story based. Let good ideas create the episodes and then just lob in some character development. :rolleyes::confused::pac::D

Advertisement