Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The amazing US Office Season 4 thread

Options
  • 27-09-2007 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭

9PM tonight on NBC folks, the Office is back!!!! Horah!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I've never watched any of the US version of The Office..

should I?!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fullerand

Legend! Thanks for the heads-up, OP

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hell yes you should watch it!

It's fantastic.. one of the funniest comedies on TV right now with 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The-Rigger wrote:
    I've never watched any of the US version of The Office..

should I?!

So much better than the English version imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

basquille wrote:
    It's fantastic.. one of the funniest comedies on TV right now with 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia'

I concur.
    You, my dear child, have been concurred with.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    So much better than the English version imo.

I find it amazing how quickly the UK Office became outdated when compared to the US episodes. The UK Office is only, what?, like 6 years old? But it feels like it was made in the early 90's.

The US Office and UK Office can not be compared. I would even go as far as saying that they are incomparable to each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 can.music.rocks

The US Office and UK Office can not be compared. I would even go as far as saying that they are incomparable to each other.

I totally agree!!! It's absolutely hilarious!!! The American office started pretty weak because it mirrored the UK version with all the same jokes. A lot of my friends here have only seen the first few episodes so they thought it was brutal. Once you get past that it becomes incredibly witty. How are you guys watching NBC in Ireland? I miss North American TV sometimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

wow, public opinion has swayed me, I shall get my cousins to send me over a torrent of episodes.

Oh.. and that reminds me.. been currently enjoying Rainn 'Dwight' Wilson's performance in 'Six Feet Under'. I'm just finishing Season 3 but he's very good in it.. odd but good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

basquille wrote:
    Oh.. and that reminds me.. been currently enjoying Rainn 'Dwight' Wilson's performance in 'Six Feet Under'. I'm just finishing Season 3 but he's very good in it.. odd but good!

yeah, took me a while to place him when I started watching the us office

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

CLass show. Watch it ever time. Way better than the English version

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

The first four episodes of this season are an hour long! :D (~41 minutes + ads)

I totally agree!!! It's absolutely hilarious!!! The American office started pretty weak because it mirrored the UK version with all the same jokes. A lot of my friends here have only seen the first few episodes so they thought it was brutal. Once you get past that it becomes incredibly witty. How are you guys watching NBC in Ireland? I miss North American TV sometimes!

Episode 1 of the US Office was pretty much the same as EP 1 of the UK Office. That single episode was filmed over the course of 8 months so if you watch it again you should notice Jim has three different hair styles (DVD commentarys are great!)

Just watched the first couple of minutes of the season 4 opener. Will watch the rest later as time to make dinner but..
    "One day, Michael came in complaining of a speed-bump on the highway. I wonder who he ran over then!"

Oh, how i lol-ed! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Watched it all - it's great :)

Dwight was superb this week, especially
    his detailing how Sparkles/Sprinkles was dead to Angela

Loved how everyone
    handled the race, especially with most cheating or couldn't be arsed attitude. So true to form too.

Nice references to previous episodes, e.g.
    the bat
    too.

It's back and on form!

and now for some class quotes:
    really dead,...like...a dead cat! Sprinkles is in a better place, that place is the freezer...... because of the odor.

ah, I see you went back and got your degree.

do i need to be liked?
    do i want to be liked?
    i enjoy been liked.
    I need to be praised.

I'm not superstitious, i'm a little-stitious

on company property with company property = double jeopardy

a buffalo or a mear cat with a dear's ankleers and a monkey's body

great ep but it would have been better as a 30minute show rather than a 45minute one as it labored in parts. Shame that Andy isn't in the show as much as he was before, i love his character but he is getting written out too much.

More Kevin and Toby please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

great ep but it would have been better as a 30minute show rather than a 45minute one as it labored in parts
    It was clearly 2 seperate episodes (with an overriding arc) tarted up as one with the divider being
    Jim and Pam's kiss in the car

Terrific episode(s) full of great one liners and sight gags as usual.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

great ep but it would have been better as a 30minute show rather than a 45minute one as it labored in parts. Shame that Andy isn't in the show as much as he was before, i love his character but he is getting written out too much.

More Kevin and Toby please.

Thought the same myself.

Great opener.

I'll miss Karen but maybe she'll be back.

Not sure about Toby but defo Kevin and Stanley. Mind you if there was more time for them they probably wouldnt be as funny

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

basquille wrote:
    Hell yes you should watch it!

yeah, I got seasons 1 and two of Philiadelphia on your reccomendation

I don't trust you any more

• Advertisement

Oh my..! :eek:

How could you not enjoy 'It's Always Sunny'? :eek: Have you no soul?

Mordeth wrote:
    yeah, I got seasons 1 and two of Philiadelphia on your reccomendation

I don't trust you any more

If basquille recommends it you'll like it or else!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Oee

Glad to see there is more fans of the US office over here. It seems to be completely under-rated this side of the Atlantic.

Every person i've introduced to it has loved it.

Favourite quote from the new ep

Michael Scott: I love my employees. Even though I hit one of you with my car. For which I take full responsibility. Look I'm just trying to take everybody's mind off this unavoidable tragedy and on to more positive things. So I thought we should plant a tree.

Can't wait for the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

I watched a few episodes of the first series on a plane when it came out a few years back and hated it for the reason someone posted earlier, that it looked like a poor remake of the original. I didn't bother watching anymore until I saw a few clips on youtube, realised it was different and original and am hooked ever since, great great show. As is its always sunny, how can you not like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

too long :/

i was surprised to read real life pam is getting divorced from her director husband, and that she fell down and stairs and really hurt her back.

is there a new ep out tonight or is it tomorrow morning-ish?

is there a new ep out tonight or is it tomorrow morning-ish?

Its out tonight.

i watched. Was some very good bits. An hour long again and it just seems forced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

Some parts were great, but it definitely was too long. I think Michael is my least favourite character which is totally ridiculous. But, it's always Michael scenes that are trying too hard to be funny and seem to go on too long.

This week it was
    driving the car into the lake and getting the gift basket back
    and last week it was
    the list of animals in the conference room.

He did have some moments of brilliance too though.
    He's like your fake brother that steals your jeans
    . My favourite part of this episode was
    The cut to Kelly shaking her head at the camera while she was telling Ryan she was pregnant. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Thouroughly enjoyed it

fave lines;
    Kelly "We have a date"
    Jan"Love the beard, keep it forever"
    Andy " He smells like what I think Pierce Brosnan smells like"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

2 episodes appended back to back again? Thought the first half was better than the 2nd.

Loved this gem...

Michael: So older people have just as many rights as younger people?
    Jan: Yes....Michael.....they do.

Also, how freaky was Creed's new hairdo? :eek: Oh how I LOLed :)

Also possible future
    Michael was having lunch with Jan, and mentioned having kids. Jan didn't say anything but there's a look on her face....I suspect maybe she can't have kids, and that might be the reason for any split that may occur between the 2 further into the season.

Advertisement