Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The amazing US Office Season 4 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

SofaKing wrote:
    Also possible future
    Michael was having lunch with Jan, and mentioned having kids. Jan didn't say anything but there's a look on her face....I suspect maybe she can't have kids, and that might be the reason for any split that may occur between the 2 further into the season.

Ditto.

Tobby acted his ass of in this week's ep. What a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

Just on that future speculation.. it's from old episodes, but I'm gonna spoiler it anyway.
    Back in season 2 Jan said that she left her husband because he didnt want kids, but she did and they both thought the other would change their minds. So, she does want kids, and unless she found out since that episode that she cant have them, I suspect she just doesnt want to have kids with Michael. I have this feeling that she thinks, or at least hopes, that her relationship with Michael is just some sort of phase that she's going through and that once she's over it she can head back to New York and get another job and return to her old life. Could you imagine the thought of having to spend the rest of your life with him? It's definitely enough to make you go insane!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

beanyb wrote:
    Just on that future speculation.. it's from old episodes, but I'm gonna spoiler it anyway.
    Back in season 2 Jan said that she left her husband because he didnt want kids, but she did and they both thought the other would change their minds. So, she does want kids, and unless she found out since that episode that she cant have them, I suspect she just doesnt want to have kids with Michael. I have this feeling that she thinks, or at least hopes, that her relationship with Michael is just some sort of phase that she's going through and that once she's over it she can head back to New York and get another job and return to her old life. Could you imagine the thought of having to spend the rest of your life with him? It's definitely enough to make you go insane!

She is leeching off him as she doesnt have any money. That came up in the f last week

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

SofaKing wrote:

Also, how freaky was Creed's new hairdo? :eek: Oh how I LOLed :)

He looks like Bart from the simpsons when they make that tv movie about the mob kidnapping skinner.

I loved the new episode.
    The start with the box on the tv screen, Andy singing, the computer prank. The 'kidnapping' thing went on far too long, though I did love the reactions everyone else had to it - especially Kevin and Oscar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Angela stole the episode. Best line went to Oscar;
    Is that all I'm here for?

Angela has stolen the whole season so far. In all 3 episodes she has been a major highlight!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Most recent episode was a real return to form and the hour long format didn't seem too stretched!

Dwight Vs Website stuff was hilarious. Andy's Abba impersonation was perfect. The kidnapping felt a bit outta place, but was still very funny.

Have to agree with beanyb.. was never a big fan of Angela but her description of cutlery to Phylis was brillant. "We.... need... forks.. which... have.. prongs... or little spears... on.. top!" :D

EDIT: Oh.. i forgot my favourite scene of the newest episode

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Excellent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The Office US totaly outshines the UK so much and the comment about how dated the UK version looks in comparsion rings so true. For new viewers to the show do ignore the first 6 episodes of the US version tho as they are almost scene for scene ripoffs of the UK one and are dreadful tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Venom wrote: »
    For new viewers to the show do ignore the first 6 episodes of the US version tho as they are almost scene for scene ripoffs of the UK one and are dreadful tbh.
    Eh?! Only the first episode is! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

basquille wrote: »
    Eh?! Only the first episode is! :confused:

Great first 2 eps. Loving that they are 1 hour long as well. The show is just class. Have to get my hands on the 3rd now.

Venom wrote: »
    The Office US totaly outshines the UK so much and the comment about how dated the UK version looks in comparsion rings so true. For new viewers to the show do ignore the first 6 episodes of the US version tho as they are almost scene for scene ripoffs of the UK one and are dreadful tbh.

On of my favourite episodes ever (of any show) is th basketball episode from series one

thought this weeks was good.

loved the constant digs at Angela

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Ya this weeks was great, loved it when Phylis hopped the ball of paper off Angela's face :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Morgans

Thought this seasons has been relatively poor so far. I hope the writer/actors etc are sacrificing quality for quantity. All just so-so this season to date. And as has been mentiuoned so far, we are really six "30 min" episodes in.

I've liked the programme for a long time. I suppose since the start of series 2 when it really began to find its feet, but I do think there is plenty of smart-arsery when comparing this to the UK Office. They are two different shows with completely different styles. The US Office is good, possibly the best conventional sitcom out there at the moment, but people forget how groundbreaking the UK office was. I remember when it was first shown and there was no publicity about it, and the US office wouldnt be about if it wasnt for Gervais and Merchant. The UK office has a subtlety than the US office lacks, and bar the last couple of episodes had a reality than the US Office doesnt have. The US tried to copy the style and it didnt work. They have produced a top class sitcom, but I would say that in the long run, it still owes a huge debt to the UK office, and I dont think it really can be regarded as better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

Morgans wrote: »
    Thought this seasons has been relatively poor so far. I hope the writer/actors etc are sacrificing quality for quantity.

Well put - I agree

The opening scene with the screensaver set my expectations high but the rest didn't live up to the standard. As usual, a few good moments, but too few to sustain the whole episode. And now, in season 4, the fly-on-the-wall camerawork is tired. Just go with it as a sit-com.

You're a presentation tool.

That is all

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

kearnsr wrote: »
    You're a presentation tool.

That is all
    I'm not sure to whoever you've aimed that at is reading... or is that whomever....

ixoy wrote: »
    I'm not sure to whoever you've aimed that at is reading... or is that whomever....

Jaysus when I first read that I though you were looking to pick a fight and I was gona set Mosses after you

• Advertisement

Was good in parts. Karen is back and still looking fine.

I wonder is the Office 2 gona be based in her office?

Office 2?

Office 2?

I did a thread on it last week. ABC or who ever makes the Office are gona do a spin off version THe Office : Miami or the Office : NY or some other place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

there' is not as much jim and pam as in he office, not enough...

although the finer things club was funny, good ep

Really enjoyed latest episode. Jim in Karen's office being a highlight.

No more office for a while

LINK

TV writers: Is your showrunner back at work today?

“The Office” showrunner Greg Daniels is picketing his own Van Nuys set. Cast members – including Rainn Wilson, Jenna Fischer and John Krasinski as well as WGA members Steve Carell, B.J. Novak, Mindy Kaling and Paul Leiberstein – are not crossing the picket line.

Losing its cast shuts down NBC’s highest-rated sitcom a lot faster than a lot of other series, which are trying to put into production the last few scripts written before the strike.

Well, there is this week's episode and next week's. They've already been shot and edited. But after that... nada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

really brilliant last 2 eps. the 20minute eps seem to cram more good stuff in them, but at the same time - they be soooo short!

fkkin favourite show by a mile though

kearnsr wrote: »
    No more office for a while

LINK

is it just me or is that website the ****test thing on the net? I have read a few stories on that site and each one went arse about face attempting to explain the situation. For example, in the above linked story...what is actually going on? Is Grey Daniels after going on strike because he is doing the producing and writing and that's not meant to be his job? Or is going on strike because others aren't being identified as writers when in fact they contribute writing material? :confused:

Ain't it cool? It ain't plain obvious is what it ain't. Ameuters!

• Advertisement

Was it on this week or did the strike get to it?

Advertisement