Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The amazing US Office Season 4 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I've been watching it here in Oz and it's not that funny at all. No way near as good as the Uk version. Can't believe so many people here rate it higher.

The US version has had four series to get to the level of the UK two series version and certainly hasn't got close.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I've been watching it here in Oz and it's not that funny at all. No way near as good as the Uk version. Can't believe so many people here rate it higher.

The US version has had four series to get to the level of the UK two series version and certainly hasn't got close.

People have their opinions but i know which one I prefer

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I loved the UK version when it was on, but the US version has far surpassed it by now...

Funny episode this week though....
    Thats what she said.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i actually feel that the US office is now starting to suffer from Gervais and Merchants two series problem i.e that they didnt want to do more than 2series as they taught that standards, critics and the public might turn on the show if they made more. excluding the first season which was only 6eps and a number of them were similar to the UK ones, the show had only two full seasons until the new one which many have claimed is a drop in standard.... but its a money maker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I thought this weeks episode was one of the best of the entire series. So, so funny. There's life in the old dog, yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Really like this week and Michael's deposition. It was uncomfortable seeing how his humour, which works fine in Scranton, fell flat in head office - "That's what she said" moment was brilliant, especially as they repeated it. The dry repitition of Michael asking to go to the bathroom as well :)

I actually felt they did the human element of Michael here as well, when he felt a bit hurt and betrayed by Janet. He was a bit naive, but not so much as he didn't realise he had been a bit screwed over.

It's a damn shame about the WGA strike now as I believe that's the last new episode until it's resolved :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

I loved this week's episode. Michael was simulataneously heartbreaking and hilarious. I felt so bad for him, and that's saying something since he annoys me a lot mostly! I loved when he pushed Toby's tray off the table, and his diary. Kelly was brilliant too.

It was a pretty good note to end on since there'll be no episodes for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Morgans

Best episode of this season by a long chalk. "I dont do talk trash, I talk smack". You are ugly, and I know it for a fact....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

reading wiki there it seems they've stopped the episodes dues to the writer's guild strike.

anyone know when they'll be back?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

quarryman wrote: »
    anyone know when they'll be back?
    Short answer is no. Until the strike is called off, everything is up in the air.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Was class this week.

Next week I wont know what to do with myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

The scene where Michael sat down next to Toby and he started talking about his divorce had me in histerics. The look on Michael's face. :D You think that was going to be a moment where Michael connects with Toby, and drops his petty dislike of him... but then he just slowly pushes his tray off the table lol.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

cool to see loads of ppl loving this show, was a little unsure when i 1st seen it on bbc 2 or 3 last xmas or 2 xmas ago, but its brilliant. I never compared it to the uk version because they are very different, but I definatley prefere it.

Someone mentioned gervais and merchant didnt want to do more eps but I feel the UKs season 2 wasnt that great, was actually a big let down.

Anyway, they better end this strike cause all work and no office eps 'pmakes me not laugh :( ...well i still laugh at other things, now im rambling, g'night :P

-Al- wrote: »

I never compared it to the uk version because they are very different, but I definatley prefere it.

The first season of the the US office was almost the same as the UK Office. It was a direct transfer nearly.

kearnsr wrote: »
    The first season of the the US office was almost the same as the UK Office. It was a direct transfer nearly.

Only the first epsiode was. None of the others are even close to being like the UK episodes. My favourite (and the episode that got me hooked) was the basketball one...

Dodge wrote: »
    Only the first epsiode was. None of the others are even close to being like the UK episodes. My favourite (and the episode that got me hooked) was the basketball one...

Its going back a while but I thought the first 6 episodes were very similar to the plot of Season 1 of the UK Office? Must watch them again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

kearnsr wrote: »
    Its going back a while but I thought the first 6 episodes were very similar to the plot of Season 1 of the UK Office? Must watch them again

nope, just episode 1. It was about a 80% match on the UK one. It was filmed over the course of 8 months too. Jim has three different hair styles in that one episode and Steve Carrel is about 20 pounds lighter for one or two scenes. (DVD commentary is great!)

ya 1st ep was a copy, then the rest of the eps had some jokes here and there from the uk one.
    When I said I don't really compare them I mean like the uk felt more like a real documentary than the us one, its obviosuly filmed in the same style but the us one feels for sitcomy (not an insult :D )

one episode and Steve Carrel is about 20 pounds lighter for one or two scenes. (DVD commentary is great!)

Ya, when I first seen season 2 I thought carrel looked really different couldnt figure out what it was, went back and watched season 1 and seen he was heavier, he actually looks a little odd when he is heavier :D

Just to confirm there is no Office this week. And there won't be any more until the strike ends. NBC are showing Movies of the Week next week apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭beanyb

The episode that made me decide that The US version was worth watching was definitely The Alliance in season 1. Dwight with the blonde hair at the end... classic. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

It's been a long time. Way too long!

The Office US is back next week! S04E09 on Thursday night (April 10th)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,782 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, 'My Name Is Earl' back tonight and 'The Office' next week.

Running alongside the show's timeslot from next September will be a spinoff of it (never a good thing really!). Although no confirmed reports on who's starring or where it'll be set just yet though - here's hoping it'll be starring Creed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Agreed, give that man his own show :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,782 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I can top that.. 4 and a half minutes of the legend that is Creed Bratton.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mmmmm.... it has an Oakey Afterbirth.

Classic office, I missed squirming this much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,466 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

"Snip snap, snip snap, snip snap. You have no idea the physical toll that three vasectomies have on a person." :)

Wow, that was the most cringey episode in year. Possibly of all time. Reminded me a little of Nighty Night tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Great to have it back, super writing and acting. But my Pam didnt look so great, kinda puffy or something. Lay off the cheese girl!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Have to say I've hated the 2 newest post-strike episodes, can't put my finger on it but something seems different. Hope they pick up again, before these 2 it was one of my favourite things on TV.

Advertisement