Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microwave and Time Machine forum

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Can we bring some marshmallows and watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

photo-time-travel.gif

Excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kevin216

yay

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I put 1c into a bank account as you do. When I went to collect my fortune, turned out that the original bank charges made me overdrawn and each year I owed them more. Barely made it back to the machine. It'll be a while before I show my face in 9752 again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

an amateur mistake, just because it worked in futurama doesnt mean it works in reality

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rejoice my brothers! I have come from the future* where this forum has already been created**

*may be a lie
    **total b||ox

I put in €100 to avoid that very scenario and when I went to collect my millions I discovered that our government had reclaimed it as a dormant account in 2024! Ba$tards.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Macros42 wrote: »
    I put in €100 to avoid that very scenario and when I went to collect my millions I discovered that our government had reclaimed it as a dormant account in 2024! Ba$tards.

*snigger*

Yeah, and they paid a bounty for every such account fingered too! \o/

I mean ... well, I heard that they did ... >_>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Macros42 wrote: »
    got it

I'll put €50 in two accounts and setup a direct debit so that every few years a couple of quid goes between them. go me. I'll then convert it to gold and brings it home.

[edit]bugger :mad: turns out the gold was irriadiated during a robbery at Fort Knox years ago, nice and safe when I picked it up but going back in time restored it to it's previous state bugger :mad:[edit]

hmmm I might not need all the money thanks to my new business plan.

Take some nuclear waste, pop it in the old bing-bong, set the timer, have a nice cup of tea and before you can say "ding !" it's so old it all decayed into the finest roofing lead money can buy

Bound to be some venture capital for that

I know the admins may be sceptics of this forum but this may help...
    Time travellers from the future 'could be here in weeks' - Telegraph
    Still some of us already know the eventual outcome :D

kbannon wrote: »
    I know the admins may be sceptics of this forum but this may help...
    Time travellers from the future 'could be here in weeks' - Telegraph
    Still some of us already know the eventual outcome :D

Perhaps they are, no one on this thread is getting antsy, we are as calm as Hindu Cows. ;) :cool: :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

We've already got our first help desk thread and the forum hasn't been created yet. :)
    Hagar wrote: »
    How did that happen?

I'm not too sure but I think it happened some time next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I think we have a time flux leak somewhere.

How did that happen?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think we have a time flux leak somewhere.

it's all good as long as you don't stray onto a different time line

I remember the time I put instant coffee into the microwave and set the timer ... to cut a long story short the cat didn't show up for another week

This forum could have saved Paul's life if it had been created 1 week from now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl-Q3mg81Do

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

-5 from me.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

i want to vote but i dont want to destroy the fact yay has 666 votes:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

nerin wrote: »
    i want to vote but i dont want to destroy the fact yay has 666 votes:D

The poll is closed! :D

We need this forum to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

lol i just realised that when i could see the results i wasnt gonna be voting :D

if we ad a time machine i could go back and unmake that mistake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

1.21 GIGAWATTS!! This forum must be made, you'll thank me in 10 years!

What's 88mph in kmph ?

You'd get arrested for speeding each time too :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What's 88mph in kmph ?

141.6 km/h

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Zaph wrote: »
    141.6 km/h

509760000 Meters per Second (I think)

509760000 Meters per Second (I think)
    300000000m/s is the speed of light

so 88mph is faster than the speed of light , well that would explain the time travel.

And with all the to and froing the car would get very old, so stainless steel is a safe bet. - Remember that when buying microwaves !

Since microwave cavities resonate, should not something similar be done for time travel, or should we be looking at something that can resonate at the De Broglie of the object/person we wish to move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Since microwave cavities resonate, should not something similar be done for time travel, or should we be looking at something that can resonate at the De Broglie of the object/person we wish to move.

I want racing stripes on mine.

Advertisement