Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

maidhc wrote:
    Not the mention the fact Aston only seem to have one set of moulds in the factory.
    I have to agree with you on this one. Take a look at the Vanquish, DB9 and Vantage then tell me 1 difference in the design.

Vanquish

astonmartinvanquish7wi1.jpg

DB9

astonmartindb911zi1.jpg

Vantage

astonmartinamv87nj0.jpg

The same could be said about Porsche but you're not going to mistake a Carrera for a GT3

Carrera S

porsche997carreras54zk6.jpg

GT3

porsche997911gt31600x12001aa7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

The Vanquish has fog lights and indicators, while the Vantage and DB9 don't. Vanquish also has different door handles. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

steve06 wrote:
    I shocked myself half an hour ago when I saw this in Bray.... I don't like Bentley's and I think there everywhere now but when I saw this it restored my faith!

dsc01255ga3.jpg
    dsc01257go5.jpg

There was also hot blonde driving it, well she looked hot from what I saw of her.

i have seen this car in shankill alot, in the house beside the barbeque centre .

Seen this recently leaving Lidl of all places... I think they're about 260,000 euros.

why would he be shopping in lidl:D

at last went to uk and test drove my cousins cars.he has the m5,bentley flying spur, lambo gallardo convertible.and more being added to the list.on order is the new range rover sports and bentley gtc.

• Advertisement

i could only post 5 pics in the last post so i will throw up a few now.:D

1. Mercedes S65 AMG

2. Audi 1.9TDi S4! :rolleyes:

3. BMW 750Li
    that s65 looks savage.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

drdre wrote:
    at last went to uk and test drove my cousins cars.he has the m5,bentley flying spur, lambo gallardo convertible.and more being added to the list.on order is the new range rover sports and bentley gtc.
    OMG what were they like? Notice much increase in power from your 1.4 Golf? :D

fletch wrote:
    OMG what were they like? Notice much increase in power from your 1.4 Golf? :D
    yeah amazing sound off the lambourgini and the 1.4 golf is sold:D .hopefully will be getting the new 1.4 gt next year.
    my cousins are trying to start up a exclusive car rental service in the uk and they want over 30-40 of these kind of cars.thats good for me then i can rent them in my lifetime for free:rolleyes: . he wants a enzo in the list.so lets just wait and see.

drdre wrote:
    went to uk and test drove my cousins cars...the lambo gallardo.
    What was the Gallardo gearbox like? I've heard the E-Gear system is a bit of a nightmare compared to the Ferrari F1 system...
    drdre wrote:
    my cousins are trying to start up a exclusive car rental service in the uk and they want over 30-40 of these kind of cars.thats good for me then i can rent them in my lifetime for free:rolleyes: . he wants a enzo in the list.so lets just wait and see.
    He's gonna have some competition...

p1international.com

revo250.com

• Advertisement

AJ! wrote:
    What was the Gallardo gearbox like? I've heard the E-Gear system is a bit of a nightmare compared to the Ferrari F1 system...

He's gonna have some competition...

p1international.com

revo250.com
    the gearbox was great i thought as it was my 1st time using it.also theres competiton in every business but they have they clients ready.they have plan to open up in london,spain and dubai.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah the Astons look all very similar but the shorter wheelbase and pronounced shoulders on the Vanquish make it much more aggressive, especially in black !!

Anyway why change a good design !!

Thge Astons are just so much more cool than the Italian tack !

MercMad wrote:
    Yeah the Astons look all very similar but the shorter wheelbase and pronounced shoulders on the Vanquish make it much more aggressive, especially in black !!
    Really...is that the best you can come up with...?
    MercMad wrote:
    The Aston Martin design is boring. They came up with a design for the DB7, then slightly modified it for the Vanquish and they liked it so much they used it on the DB9, the Vantage and even the Rapide.

Instead of having one good design and using it over and over, why dont they draw up another good design and actually give the car it's own individual look...
    MercMad wrote:
    The Astons are just so much more cool than the Italian tack !
    There's no way I would take an Aston over any of these...

Enzo Ferrari

dsc0001fk4.jpg

Lambo Murcielago LP640

lamborghinimurcielagolp6401600x120029av6.jpg

Ferrari F430 Spider

ferrarif430spider20jo5.jpg

Lambo Gallardo Spyder

lamborghinigallardospyder12801ka3.jpg

Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

ferrari599gtb120zx6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

Why isnt mine on that list...

myferrari.jpg

;);):p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Nice Images Dr. Dre. I'd love to see some of the M5 though myself. Any video's ? ? :D

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Seen on M50 yesterday - Alfa Brera, black.

Beautiful car, pity it was being driven by a fat bloke.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

testicle wrote:
    Seen on M50 yesterday - Alfa Brera, black.

Beautiful car, pity it was being driven by a fat bloke.

Why was that a pity :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Sparks400 wrote:
    Why was that a pity :confused:

well, they might have to cut away the door for him to get out...

HungryJoey wrote:
    Nice Images Dr. Dre. I'd love to see some of the M5 though myself. Any video's ? ? :D

Hj
    i didnot take pics of the m5 as its a normal car.its nothing amazing.but i might have a picture in my laptop.i will check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

I was on the Clonee By-pass yesterday at 4pm and the traffic was backed up like a weekday, so crawled along and noticed that the other side of the road had slowed down up ahead.
    Presumed it was garda check-point but NO it was an old Le-Mans ferrari broken down in the hard-shoulder.

Sorry for the crap pic but I was trying to drive past the car and take the pic at the same time.
    dsc00351bd0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MercMad

Really...is that the best you can come up with...?

Quote:

The Aston Martin design is boring. They came up with a design for the DB7, then slightly modified it for the Vanquish and they liked it so much they used it on the DB9, the Vantage and even the Rapide.

Instead of having one good design and using it over and over, why dont they draw up another good design and actually give the car it's own individual look...

Quote:
    The Astons are just so much more cool than the Italian tack !

There's no way I would take an Aston over any of these...

??

The fact remains that Aston Martins are now selling better than they EVER have done ! So the obviously got something right and IMPROVED on it !!

As far as your other comments go..............I said "cool"............a phrase that you obviously have no perception of. Now.......for your homewrok tonoght take out your dictionary and look up the word TACKY !! :D

That "Le Mans" Ferrari is most likely a kit car !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Silver z4 Coupe on Swords main street. Didn't get a pic as at first I didn't give it a second glance at first. Looks great though, better than the roadster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

ongarite wrote:
    I was on the Clonee By-pass yesterday at 4pm and the traffic was backed up like a weekday, so crawled along and noticed that the other side of the road had slowed down up ahead.
    Presumed it was garda check-point but NO it was an old Le-Mans ferrari broken down in the hard-shoulder.

Sorry for the crap pic but I was trying to drive past the car and take the pic at the same time.
    dsc00351bd0.jpg

Looks like a Ferrari 330 P-car replica kit. The real thing (of which there were only a handful built in all P3, P3/4 and P4 variants) are not likely to be road legal and would cost many $millions to buy. Even V12 Ferrari-based replicas are extremely expensive but this one, despite being a bit of head turner and a great spot by ongarite :cool: looks like it's a pretty poor el cheapo imitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

From the rear the Ferrari "imitation" looked like a Ford GT40, circular lights and wiremesh grill.

ongarite wrote:

dsc00351bd0.jpg

Looks to be the same as the one I saw a while back, Was stunning looking. EDIT : Upon further observation, It seems to be the same one :rolleyes:

image1422og6.th.jpgimage1423pd4.th.jpg
    image1427aa1.th.jpgimage1425xo5.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Accoring to Cartell it's a rover. No wonder it's on the hard shoulder* :p

*apologies to any Rover owners or fans, it was meant in jest

MercMad wrote:
    The fact remains that Aston Martins are now selling better than they EVER have done ! So the obviously got something right and IMPROVED on it !!
    I could say the same about Ferrari, Lamborghini and even Bentley! At least they took a risk and didn't use the same design over and over...

xce5.jpg x2ph0.jpg

resizermurciwf1.jpg resizerfgallanr7.jpg

resizergtcas6.jpg resizerbentleyiv0.jpg

...unlike Aston who went mad recently when they put two more doors on a DB9

astonmartinrapide8uz4.jpg astonmartindb911zi1vb4.jpg
    MercMad wrote:
    As far as your other comments go..............I said "cool"............a phrase that you obviously have no perception of. Now.......for your homewrok tonoght take out your dictionary and look up the word TACKY !! :D
    Aston is cool because they're British, understated...and James Bond drives one...he used to drive a Z3.

Oh, I almost forgot - when you turn on the ignition 'Power, Beauty, Soul' appears in front of you - that's really cool

Ferrari and Lambo are all about performance, style and the legacy. The design is unique - that's what I want in a car.

Watch this video...
    Top Gear - Lambo Gallardo Spyder

...maybe it'll give you an idea of what I'm talking about:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

this thread is slightly going off the " Here is what i saw today" topic.

do we just post pictures of nice cars we downloaded from the web instead.

how about " here is what i downloaded today"

Squirrel wrote:
    Accoring to Cartell it's a rover. No wonder it's on the hard shoulder* :p

*apologies to any Rover owners or fans, it was meant in jest

Indeed, I noticed that my self when I checked. Wth's up with that ?!

Hj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

HungryJoey wrote:
    Indeed, I noticed that my self when I checked. Wth's up with that ?!

Hj

Take a look at the sticker on the back of the car in your own photo, Irish Kitcar Club!

The doner car must have been a Rover and as such that is what the car must be registered as...

invest4deepvalue.com

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement