Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

A few I took with the phone while in the car so the quality isn't fantastic but thought I'd share anyway. Apologies for the size!
    Aston V8 Vantage
    Merc SL350
    Maserati Quattroporte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

I just looked at ALMC photos few pages back - great photos i did'nt know there ars 2 Ford GT in silver, i knew only about one... i tried to go there but i still haven't got my camera back so it's no point to go there and back with no photos... eh i have to wait untill july to take some photos... but will be nice photos lots of veyrons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Saw a Cobra Mustang today in Limerick!! Limerick of all places and it had an LK reg :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Mc Love wrote: »
    Saw a Cobra Mustang today in Limerick!! Limerick of all places and it had an LK reg :pac:

Seen one in Portlaoise the toher week too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

French Reg VW Phaeton 3.0 V6 TDI.

N97134.jpg
    N97135.jpg
    N97136.jpg
    N97137.jpg

Thought it was the new Jetta at first glance. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

ya what a waste of money oversized jetta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭dell1211

dharn wrote: »
    ya what a waste of money oversized jetta

Do you realise that you are in the motors forum? You sound like a person who has zero clue/appreciation about cars, perhaps you should return to the knitting forum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Nice. I like those Phaetons. They look better in the flesh though. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

dell1211 wrote: »
    Do you realise that you are in the motors forum? You sound like a person who has zero clue/appreciation about cars, perhaps you should return to the knitting forum

are you serious or taking the p nobody could get excited over that yoke

i see you have just joined the forum so maybe you own the oversized passat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Nice cars those Phaetons-can't help but think Cheap Man's A8 when I see them though.

i see you have just joined the forum so maybe you own the oversized passat

so its an oversized passat now:rolleyes:

If you think that a phaeton is nothing more than an oversized passat/jetta/polo/lupo then you really dont have a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

so its an oversized passat now:rolleyes:

If you think that a phaeton is nothing more than an oversized passat/jetta/polo/lupo then you really dont have a clue.

The only reason anybody should ever get excited over a Phaeton is if it has the 6 litre W12, not a 3 litre diesel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Jesus christ, the amount of chrome on that thing. :eek:

The only reason anybody should ever get excited over a Phaeton is if it has the 6 litre W12, not a 3 litre diesel ;)

Where did I say people should get excited? Someone compared it to an oversized jetta which its clearly not.

My point being that while this car may have been a flop its engineering/attention to detail is still something that should be appreciated, it does afterall use the same chasis as the bentley continental
    http://www.caranddriver.com/features/03q3/vw_s_transparent_factory-feature

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

On the N11 this morning. Would I be correct in saying a Lotus Esprit?

037f288b.jpg

ya would say so

Where did I say people should get excited? Someone compared it to an oversized jetta which its clearly not.

My point being that while this car may have been a flop its engineering/attention to detail is still something that should be appreciated, it does afterall use the same chasis as the bentley continental
    http://www.caranddriver.com/features/03q3/vw_s_transparent_factory-feature

you seemed to have gotten yourself into a lather of sweat over a very unexciting car, the number it has sold seems to bear out the point that not many people on a world scale found it very exciting either there are enough short tempered posters here without joining them, chill out ,telling me to join the knitting forum is not a very nice way to start off

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

you seemed to have gotten yourself into a lather of sweat over a very unexciting car, the number it has sold seems to bear out the point that not many people on a world scale found it very exciting either there are enough short tempered posters here without joining them, chill out ,telling me to join the knitting forum is not a very nice way to start off

How many Ferrari 458's sold here? Not many, but it is still a masterpiece.

While I wouldn't call a Phaeton a masterpiece, it is a fantastically engineered car. Any car with heated, cooled and massage function seats should get people excited in my books.

Seperate wrote: »
    How many Ferrari 458's sold here? Not many, but it is still a masterpiece.

While I wouldn't call a Phaeton a masterpiece, it is a fantastically engineered car. Any car with heated, cooled and massage function seats should get people excited in my books.

on world scale i said but ferrari probably sold more here than vw did of the phaeton... anyway enough of this argument lets get back to posing pics of great cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

On the N11 this morning. Would I be correct in saying a Lotus Esprit?

037f288b.jpg

Its an Esprit alright, looks like a mid 90's S4 on a Luxembourg plate. A very underrated car I thought, I had a 1990 Esprit SE for a while when I lived in Germany and regretted ever selling it. Although it had only a 2.2 with 4 cylinders it could outrun any 993 or 996 in a drag race which used to piss off the Germans no end.:)

gorgeous car bijapos what was the reliability like

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious. ;)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Mc Love wrote: »
    the guy lives out in castletroy. i see it almost everyday. LHD so i'd say it gets hairy to drive if you push the go faster 'make lots of noise' pedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭voteforpedro

kbannon wrote: »
    nice pics.
    Still a few people with a few bob to spend on the personal plates!

He must have traded in the ice cream van:D sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Fine. I had it for 5 months, traded it in and the new owner had it for over 2 years and had no major problems. There were some issues with roof seals and some fiddly electrics but most of the problems were well known and a good experienced independent mechanic could sort it out quick enough.

Engine, gearbox, diffs and so on gave no trouble whatsoever. I got it with ca 40,000km on it. It had been driven hard by the previous owner but no money was ever spared on it.
    el diablo wrote: »

:rolleyes: :).....now where have I heard that one before.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    the guy lives out in castletroy. i see it almost everyday. LHD so i'd say it gets hairy to drive if you push the go faster 'make lots of noise' pedal.

Yeah the shades were driving past it at the time, heads out the window, drooling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

Phaeton - big Jetta
    S class - big C class
    A8 - big A4
    7er - big 5er

but first are more comfortable inside - more space and more $$

I don't like VW's exept nice tuned models, T1 and W12 Nardo (never seen) nicest vw i ever saw was this one i think:

edwd.jpg
    regre.jpg

i don't have to many photos of VW so this one is the nicest i have spoted

VW - VolksWagen

Volks - people
    Wagen - car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

el diablo wrote: »

Unfortunately it was for a good friend who had an Esprit. Fuel line split and set the car on fire....que one melted car :(

Absolute beast to go though, did just under 150 mph (well thats what it said on the speedo!) one day after giving it a good service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

Unfortunately it was for a good friend who had an Esprit. Fuel line split and set the car on fire....que one melted car :(

Absolute beast to go though, did just under 150 mph (well thats what it said on the speedo!) one day after giving it a good service.

There used to be an old red one in Thurles a few moons ago now. Maybe same car?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement