Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

conneem-TT wrote: »
    TheBazman wrote: »
    An A6 3.0 TDI with quad exhausts and an RS6 boot lip

I've seen that car on another forum before, it has an ABT exhaust and valance and is remapped to about 280hp as far as I can remember.

I don't know, I just think that car's wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

AudiChris wrote: »
    I don't know, I just think that car's wrong.

If they leave the TDi badge on it, then it's not too bad. The A4 TDi's rebadged as RS4's do my head in.

Porsche have done Turbo lookalikes over the years such as the 911 S models. I know they're from the factory, but as long as you go for the look and don't try to hide what it really is, then I think it's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

ksimpson wrote: »
    If they leave the TDi badge on it, then it's not too bad. The A4 TDi's rebadged as RS4's do my head in.

Porsche have done Turbo lookalikes over the years such as the 911 S models. I know they're from the factory, but as long as you go for the look and don't try to hide what it really is, then I think it's ok.

There is nothing wrong with taking your styling cues from a flagship model as long as you don't go as far as the badge RS4/S4 TDIs are a scourge on Irish roads second only to white civic type R pretenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

An A6 3.0 TDI with quad exhausts and an RS6 boot lip

I've seen that car on another forum before, it has an ABT exhaust and valance and is remapped to about 280hp as far as I can remember.

Its definitely not is the same league as TDI RS4s given that it is badged correctly, and tbh the quad exhausts and boot lip were both well integrated, I was just wondering what is the point of the quad exhausts in particular. Maybe as you say it has something like an ABT exhaust system fitted but would it make much of a difference on a diesel? Also as for the remapping - I was behind him for around 15 miles and he certainly tried to open it up when the road cleared, however it didnt seem to me like 280hp. I didnt have any trouble keeping up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭conneem-TT

I was just wondering what is the point of the quad exhausts in particular. Maybe as you say it has something like an ABT exhaust system fitted but would it make much of a difference on a diesel? Also as for the remapping - I was behind him for around 15 miles and he certainly tried to open it up when the road cleared, however it didnt seem to me like 280hp. I didnt have any trouble keeping up :)

That Audi 3.0L diesel engine sound quite nice and grunty (for a diesel) with an aftermarket exhaust.

What car you got? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

That Audi 3.0L diesel engine sound quite nice and grunty (for a diesel) with an aftermarket exhaust.

What car you got? :)

I cant view youtube at work but I'm sure it is an improvement alright, but it's never going to sound like a petrol equivalent I'd imagine. Mine is a 535d - I'm thinking about sticking an M5 badge on it tho, some quad exhausts and cutting some side vents in her:D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Saw an 00 or that A4 on Cork plates with 'R Type' badge yesterday and a 04 5 Series with clear Lexus looking lights this AM, both in Sandyford, pure muck.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

have pics of a ferarri f430 scudiria on my phone but no cable to upload em, also austin martins... dubbed out mini etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

S.I.R wrote: »
    have pics of a ferarri f430 scudiria on my phone but no cable to upload em, also austin martins... dubbed out mini etc etc.
    black one with gold wheels?

And you can send the pics through mms to your email.

How about this :D

i490139_typer.jpg

The owner didn't put it on though, it was a joke as he's getting a Honda K20 engine conversion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Mac 3

tdc wrote: »
    So thats 3 F50's that have been seen in Ireland!

I have pix of another F50 from about 10 years ago, there was some Ferrari club or something visiting from the UK, I'll try scan the pictures and post them tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

steve06 wrote: »
    That was a kit car as far as I remember.

Where did yu hear that? Looked pretty genuine from the pics I saw.

tdc wrote: »
    Where did yu hear that? Looked pretty genuine from the pics I saw.

Was there not a pic of an F50 with people leaning on it and sitting up on it that turned out to be a replica?

Here's another real one from up north
    462798657_a30da7efbd.jpg

Was there not a pic of an F50 with people leaning on it and sitting up on it that turned out to be a replica?

Here's another real one from up north
    462798657_a30da7efbd.jpg

Same one; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=52637707&postcount=2955

That F50 sold last year, think its in the UK now

ah right, my mistake. I don't think it was in the best condition when I saw it, the interior was spotless but the guy pulled in and something fell out of the front of the car. A Ferrari mechanic had to be called over to try and fix it. Here's a perfect example I saw in Spain
    543696136_38c274c8e2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

Just saw this outside my office on Barrow St. I have a GP sporting already with 120bhp and i'd trade it for this in a heartbeat. Makes the 500 so much more than just a cool car that guys love and only girls will prob drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

ah right, my mistake. I don't think it was in the best condition when I saw it, the interior was spotless but the guy pulled in and something fell out of the front of the car. A Ferrari mechanic had to be called over to try and fix it. Here's a perfect example I saw in Spain

I remember that, was it not a hose for cooling or something that had come lose?

When I seen that Elise you posted above i nearly got a fright and taught it was the black Elise I seen recently on parnel st with a big **** of spoiler, why would you bother? If there was a need for it Lotus would have put one on there! This one was a Cavan reg, haven't seen or heard anyone at home talk about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Continental GT out the back of a bus

dsc00062eaj.jpg

2008 C63 in the driveway of a very very very nice house by the American Embassy in Ballsbridge

dsc00063y.jpg

I also spotted a blue 360 Spider coming down Simmonscourt Road from what I presume was the Four Seasons. Awesome machine and the noise, oh the noise.
    /swoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

^Dibs on the C63 when the finances go tits up! 20k sounds fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

This monstrosity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

flanzer wrote: »
    This monstrosity!

Should have got an abortion :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

flanzer wrote: »
    This monstrosity!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: What a total waste of money

I Should put this in the "Heres what I saw 10 years ago" section. These were taken in Fitzpatricks in Bunratty

As promised:

FerrariF50.jpg

FerrariF502.jpg

F50Interior.jpg

Ferraris1.jpg

Ferraris2.jpg

Super pics Mac3, the cars still look phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Great set of pics Mac3, thanks!

That blue Testarossa?!? is fantastic looking. Some presence.... MMMMmmm haha:cool:

Cheers Lads, great craic that morning in the car park.

The Lad who owned the F50 was sound, a real car nut, If he let one person sit into it he must have let 100.. a Garda came in for a look and he offered to take the Garda for a spin. We thought, well that was sound of him. 10 minutes later they arrived back, the garda driving this time. The owner was sound enough to even let him drive it. One lad took me for a spin in his F355. There were about 20-25 Ferraris in that group, i'll try dig out some more pix.

dsc00067c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

:eek:

Tut Tut:pac::p

You know know we're all going to give out:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Indeed, that's a very dusty dashboard...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement