Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

steve06 wrote: »
    What do you mean "had trouble shifting the thing down to d reg"?
    "d" = the, I'd say. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Yeah, thats the little tree from the 7-Series!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Was going to say the 4seasons.
    Well done audichris.

Yesterday i saw a snot green lotus exige s with the reg 09 w 9. Sweet car horrible colour.
    It was being driven by a girl and the posing bloke in the passenger seat didn't look impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

cabrwab wrote: »
    Well done audichris.

Yesterday i saw a snot green lotus exige s with the reg 09 w 9. Sweet car horrible colour.
    It was being driven by a girl and the posing bloke in the passenger seat didn't look impressed.

Here in lies the addition to the Morgan and TVR!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭RS6

Well done audichris.

Did it have a stupid reg like 9-W-9 like the other cars?

• Advertisement

RS6 wrote: »

Oi oi oi... We all know what happened the last time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

RS6 wrote: »

FFS, can we update the charter to ban the discussion of 0X-W-X (i.e. Funxy's cars). They're (very) cool cars and they have custom regs - as a lot of high performance cars do.

The kind of comments these particular cars elicit, though, is over-the-top typical Irish sh*tebag begrudgery and needs to be stopped.

P.S. Read this thread and realise that the "snot green Lotus Exige S" has been lovingly designed from the ground up by a proper petrol head. We should be fighting to get more people like this onto boards, not chasing them off!!

P.P.S. Instead of giving out about snot green Exiges, feel free to take a picture of it next time and post it here. Cars like this firmly belong in a "Here's what I saw today" motors thread!

Less chatting more cars!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭mcauley

el diablo wrote: »
    Audi S5 and RS6
    japan167bg9.th.jpg

Nice spots Diablo - was this abroad??

The Reg looks foreign. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

That was me on the way back from Mondello. I'll let my friend know you thought he was posing, though i am sure he was more focused on his hangover then posing :p

The 'snot greens' not to everyones taste but i adore it!

dirtyexige1dk3.jpg

AudiChris wrote: »
    FFS, can we update the charter to ban the discussion of 0X-W-X (i.e. Funxy's cars). They're (very) cool cars and they have custom regs - as a lot of high performance cars do.

The kind of comments these particular cars elicit, though, is over-the-top typical Irish sh*tebag begrudgery and needs to be stopped.

P.S. Read this thread and realise that the "snot green Lotus Exige S" has been lovingly designed from the ground up by a proper petrol head. We should be fighting to get more people like this onto boards, not chasing them off!!

P.P.S. Instead of giving out about snot green Exiges, feel free to take a picture of it next time and post it here. Cars like this firmly belong in a "Here's what I saw today" motors thread!

Thanks AudiChris. Indeed that car was lovingly designed with alot of help from the lotus factory and enthusiasts. Every stitch and panel was planned and replanned ;) I adore my cars and i'm used to the unfriendly comments. It's odd enough that Irelands the unfriendliest country i've been in when it comes to 'different' cars. But it comes with the territory. You also get to meet some great people and it more then makes up for it!

P.s for those worried about number plates the ones i use on the road are standard. I use the black plates on track and off the road.

• Advertisement

Funxy wrote: »
    Thanks AudiChris. Indeed that car was lovingly designed with alot of help from the lotus factory and enthusiasts. Every stitch and panel was planned and replanned ;) I adore my cars and i'm used to the unfriendly comments. It's odd enough that Irelands the unfriendliest country i've been in when it comes to 'different' cars. But it comes with the territory. You also get to meet some great people and it more then makes up for it!

Just had a read through your thread on Octane on the Lotus. Fair play to you, every detail planned to a T... Fair on the Green as well, the sooner we get rid of conformity and what other people think in this country the better:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

mcauley wrote: »
    Nice spots Diablo - was this abroad??

The Reg looks foreign. . .

yep, it was in Tokyo but the reg just says "AUDI S5" as far as I remember.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

FFS, I don't know why people have an issue with Funxy - arguably one of the best car collections in the country and she's more than happy to share photos and experiences of her cars with everyone. Can't people just be happy and grateful that these cars around to see in this country and not hidden away like most exotica?

And I'd like to add that it's personal taste regarding the colour but it's a beauty and it can change a lot depending on the light.
    3207881228_f30ecb48c8_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

^^ Stunning car.
    AudiChris wrote: »

Well said Chris.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

+1

Awesome colour, machine, and photograph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Funxy will you marry me?

Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

DanGerMus wrote: »
    Funxy will you marry me?

Seriously.

Next in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

CianRyan wrote: »
    Next in line.

Thought so. Suppose i'll take a number then. Is there a support group?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

qz wrote: »
    +1

Awesome colour, machine, and photograph.

You should post this on the photography forum. Seriously good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

That was me on the way back from Mondello. I'll let my friend know you thought he was posing, though i am sure he was more focused on his hangover then posing :p

The 'snot greens' not to everyones taste but i adore it!

dirtyexige1dk3.jpg

P.s for those worried about number plates the ones i use on the road are standard. I use the black plates on track and off the road.

That photo is savage! And as for the car..... drool! Are all Exiges supercharged?

• Advertisement

eljono wrote: »
    That photo is savage! And as for the car..... drool! Are all Exiges supercharged?

No, the Exige S is supercharged, the regular Exige isn't.

Cheers! I've never seen an Exige on the road, only at the London Motor Show. Gorgeous car, an Elise is on my list of potential cars I'd love to some day own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Funxy

Thanks all and as for the marriage offers i'm afraid the day i settle down will be a long cold day in hell ;)

And just to make things even more confusing the standard Exige 'S' is 220bhp but then you can add the performance pack, which i did that takes the power up to 240bhp :eek: So thats 240bhp in a car that weighs 935kg which can hit 0-60 in 4 seconds. It's a ton of fun, especially on track :D

Thanks all and as for the marriage offers i'm afraid the day i settle down will be a long cold day in hell ;)
    haha, I said it almost 2 years ago.... I started that trend :D
    And just to make things even more confusing the standard Exige 'S' is 220bhp but then you can add the performance pack, which i did that takes the power up to 240bhp :eek: So thats 240bhp in a car that weighs 935kg which can hit 0-60 in 4 seconds. It's a ton of fun, especially on track :D
    And then they made it more confusing with the Elise because now you have an Elise S(slow one) Elise R(fast one) Elise SC(Supercharged one) then there's the sport135 and a load of other additions and my head's about to explode! :)

Well wear, amazing car! I love hearing about enthusiasts buying cars like this and then actually using them in the way they were intended!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

**** the lads that will try to put it down. This country is riddled with small minded begrudging arseholes. I love that colour. I was in Hawaii las summer and there was a BMW 7 series in a similar colour and i thought it was the coolest BMW ive ever seen. I respect people with the balls to go for something so glaringly different and loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

saw a '09 focus ST today.
    Reg was 09-C- 57 (messed with to say ST)

Not a fan of the ST but looked well in the orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

saw a '09 focus ST today.
    Reg was 09-C- 57 (messed with to say ST)

Not a fan of the ST but looked well in the orange.

The girl driving it looks just as good :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    The girl driving it looks just as good :P

I know the lad that sold it. Said he sold it to a fella.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

I know the lad that sold it. Said he sold it to a fella.

Hot brunette driving it last friday night!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement