Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any female gamers

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Actually, out of interest how did you guys get into it?

It all started for me back when I got the megadrive. But its the plunge into PC gaming that's not as accessible. I remember back when I played Bf1942/DC there was a girl that was a regular on our server. I remember asking her how she got into gaming. She said she always saw gaming as something "spotty geeks" do. But when her parents got a new PC , bf1942 came with it and she gave it a shot.

And that was it, she loved it, but only played that and its mods. I remember saying "wow, so you never played a game with a storyline? your missing out on another great aspect of gaming..you should try HL2 etc etc" and she was just like "nah I just wanna kill stuff"

It was just interesting as I can't really imagin what it would have been like for her just jumping into the deep end of gaming having never played games before, when I was playing since I was 8. I can't imagin what it would be like to have a MP FPS as your 1st game since mine was streets of rage & sonic etc.

lol. But as far as I remember she said she wouldnt admit to her friends that she played games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

My sister used to play online with the 360 but not anymore due to attention to her gender. She doesn't even play the 360 anymore.

Shge plans to get The Darkness after playing it on my PS3 and maybe going back to her 360 once again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Cunny-Funt wrote:

I've been playing games for as long as I can remember, my parents bought an Atari 2600, we had most of the consoles after that, and always had a PC, they never discouraged me from exploring my nerdier side, there was never any "oh that's boy's stuff" in our house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Cunny-Funt wrote:

Amiga, commodore and atari.

Again there was not that boys thing in our house,
    hell made my first circuits at the age of 12, a wire wrap fm radio.

First proper online games I played were magic the gathering and quake on the cloud sever back in 98.

I also played a lot of the orginal rpgs, daggerfall, Eob, dungeon hack.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I picked up a Game Boy in a shop when I was 7 years old, played Tetris, loved it - it all started from there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

I play BF/BF2142 when I get the chance....I wouldn't consider myself a "big" girl either :p

Let me see, how did I get into it. Big ole tomboy I guess, brothers started with an old Amstrad, moved on Snes, N64 etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Kharn wrote:
    I'd be curious to hear what y'all think of that?

Haha - you lost to a girl on dm6.

Personally, I really couldn't care any less if the people I'm playing with are guys or girls - why does it matter? Both genders can be just as nerdy, obnoxious, childish, and Stev.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Fobia wrote:
    Both genders can be just as nerdy, obnoxious, childish, and Stev.

Harsh :(

I started with the zx spectrum, the snes and megadrive, and eh...the playstation one...then I gave up for a bit, then I got access to a pc, played HL, then I was onto pc gaming.
    We never had a pc in the house when I was growing up ;_;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Yeah, but the fundamental problem is that teh wimmenz don't like blood n guts and most visceral scenes of glory.
    *Naikon of course does not brandish all women with this stereotype*:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭j0e

kinda random but ill got with it

I study computer games development in uni, and theres 1 girl in my class out of 30 id say that fairly much sums up female gaming,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

j0e wrote:
    kinda random but ill got with it

I study computer games development in uni, and theres 1 girl in my class out of 30 id say that fairly much sums up female gaming,
    Or perhaps women realise that there's more to a games dev course than just playing games all day...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Yeah, I don't think the number of female games programmers is really a valid reference when discussing female gamers, afterall even in males there are many of us who'd fall under the title gamers, but know well enough that we're not suited as software programmers for works as complex as a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I would say about 1 out of 25 women would play games. Probably 1 out of 500 would be a gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Dunno if youve ever heard of these

http://www.seules.net/page_members.php

Click on details of the members, youll see that theyre all gorgeous :D:D
    and theyre ,Pro Gamers too, would probably (actaully, definitely) knock the crap outta us in their respective games :eek: :eek:

So there yis go Irish women ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 xFidelityx

Any girls want to add me go ahead :) No boys please, you tend to be judgmental and pervy, thanks you :D

xBox: MoLlY MaLiCiOuS
    PS3: xFidelityx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement