Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio/TV Coverage Comments

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

I never said he didn't know his stuff, just that I find him a bit odd and his accent annoying. It's not a middle class Dublin accent at all. It's "posh" Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

i think thornley along with being an excellent journo he really tears apart the stuffy journalist image,what with the earring and student dress sense

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

It's a good job we aren't relying on TV3 for all the games. Why couldn't they show Wales v Aus for example? I thought that as they had the rights the would at least have filled in a few hours here and there with live games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

smashey wrote:
    It's a good job we aren't relying on TV3 for all the games. Why couldn't they show Wales v Aus for example? I thought that as they had the rights the would at least have filled in a few hours here and there with live games.

and miss out on all those american repeats??,,,,never!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

smashey wrote:
    It's a good job we aren't relying on TV3 for all the games. Why couldn't they show Wales v Aus for example? I thought that as they had the rights
    Did you even bother to read this thread? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Dodge wrote:
    Did you even bother to read this thread? :rolleyes:
    Not at all. I regularly post on threads without the slightest clue as to the content of them. :rolleyes:

I was just having a mini rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

smashey wrote:
    I was just having a mini rant.
    Point I was making is that why rant when you've obviously got your facts wrong.

i'll summise for you. They don't have the rights to show any other games. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Anyone watched a game on the Eircom/Setanta site while listening to the newstalk commentary(online). Is there any lag between the two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Good analysis on Setanta tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Paul Wallace is the main pundit chaired by Jim Rosenthal on ITV for anyone with satellite who dosen't watch UTV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Good analysis on Setanta tonight.

Yeah, Particularly liked Andy Robinson and Matt Williams video analysis of Irelands faults before the game....actually just overall impressed with what Robinson had to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Trevor Brennan is out of his dept when it comes to the commentary.

He might be a bruiser but he's no intellect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Wisesmurf wrote:
    Trevor Brennan is out of his dept when it comes to the commentary.

He might be a bruiser but he's no intellect.

He's there for his knowledge of the French game remember he has played with alot of those players that played tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Stev_o wrote:
    He's there for his knowledge of the French game remember he has played with alot of those players that played tonight

Maybe he should have spoken to Eddie!

He may have all the knowledge in the world but man he can't convey it! The question was posed to him 'what do we do now' or somwthing simular and he said the players need a pissup tonight! CMON, worked in Italia '90 but that was nearly 20 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Wisesmurf wrote:
    Maybe he should have spoken to Eddie!

He may have all the knowledge in the world but man he can't convey it! The question was posed to him 'what do we do now' or somwthing simular and he said the players need a pissup tonight! CMON, worked in Italia '90 but that was nearly 20 years ago!

Lol thats real 1990's rugby attitude haha love it. In fairness theres nothing much they can do dont deserve to progress and really should just fly home and relise that they didnt step up to the plate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

The TV 3 jinx for Irish sport strikes again!

where's Frano???........Neil Francis has been missing from the Setanta panel for the past few nights.

mmm wonder why??:cool:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

philstar wrote:
    where's Frano???........Neil Francis has been missing from the Setanta panel for the past few nights.

mmm wonder why??:cool:

isn't he in france?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

Dodge wrote:
    Born in Ireland, raised in Ireland. Went to college in UCD I think. 100% Irish and has always claimed so on his broadcasts with sky

ive heard of irish people who speak with an american accent but why if he,s irish like you claim does he speak with an english west country accent
    personally i dont believe he is irish , hes crap anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 883 ✭✭✭moe_sizlak

Paul Wallace is the main pundit chaired by Jim Rosenthal on ITV for anyone with satellite who dosen't watch UTV

ah jim rosenthall , the count from sesame street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

moe_sizlak wrote:
    ive heard of irish people who speak with an american accent but why if he,s irish like you claim does he speak with an english west country accent
    well balanced and reasoned point....:rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

moe_sizlak wrote:

what do you mean you don't believe he is Irish? He is, it doesn't matter what you believe.

for the most part i think dempsey is a good anchorman,

but i just wish he would.....stop glancing at the camera every time he asks a question!!:mad:

its so f&cking cheesy!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

philstar wrote:
    for the most part i think dempsey is a good anchorman,

but i just wish he would.....stop glancing at the camera every time he asks a question!!:mad:

its so f&cking cheesy!!!!!!!!

That's something he picked up from the Sky Presenting rulebook

Advertisement