Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R4DS starter pack

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

A pdf reader. All the ebook readers seem to overlook the most common document format.
    Because it is a proprietary format and not trivial to reverse engineer a reader for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

Mr E wrote: »
    Need to look a bit harder, Damo. :)

NeoDS 0.1.1 came out today, and I had a damn good game of Flashback on JenesisDS last night.

Did you get any sound to work on Flashback? If so, what settings did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jolo

o1s1n wrote: »
    Excellent :)

Lameboy can play GB and GB colour stuff. Perfectly. With sound. Which as I was saying, are tiny. In the tens of KB. So you can fit a pretty vast library of stuff on.

Actually a readme file with how to get skins working too might be a good idea. I've had a lot of people asking me how to do that.

Nice work anyway. I wish there had of been something around like this when I got my own r4. Would have saved me a lot of trouble.

Great forum for homebrew.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/

Loads of DS homebrew information

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Hi All,

That Mediafire file that you kindly gave the link to is no longer available. Is there anywhere else or any other way to get my R4 and my EZFlash 3-in-1 to talk to each other?
    Someone has mentioned 'just converting the GBA files to NDS file' - is this what the file above does or is there something else to do this?

Thanks,
    jo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Has this all died a death then?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I expect it takes a chunk of work to maintain, Flamed Diving.

Its not too hard to grab the latest firmware and emulators yourself - use sites like GBAtemp to keep on top of new developments, home brew releases, firmware, apps, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Died is such a harsh term!

To let you know exactly whats going on:

I have purchased a domain name - consoledoc.com

I have acquired the services of a proper website designer (notice how i said nothing about money :p ), template is made, just a matter of putting it up and updating the content.

Unfortunately, I dont have time to do anything with this for the next month, I hope to have the site up and running by the end of august. Very busy at work, i also have to write a report about work and then there is that little thing of two exams i have to repeat!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

My R4 card died a few days ago and they dont produce them any more..So what card should I get now?

Died is such a harsh term!

To let you know exactly whats going on:

I have purchased a domain name - consoledoc.com

I have acquired the services of a proper website designer (notice how i said nothing about money :p ), template is made, just a matter of putting it up and updating the content.

Unfortunately, I dont have time to do anything with this for the next month, I hope to have the site up and running by the end of august. Very busy at work, i also have to write a report about work and then there is that little thing of two exams i have to repeat!:(

yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

thats sold out and probably gone up in price as its $40 now

get this

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10289

forget about r4's, there probably the worst cards you could get nowadays as they only support microsd cards (so 2gb card is the biggest you can use) while cards like the one above can support 8gb microsdhc, which are under 30euro delivered from uk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

thats sold out and probably gone up in price as its $40 now

get this

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10289

forget about r4's, there probably the worst cards you could get nowadays as they only support microsd cards (so 2gb card is the biggest you can use) while cards like the one above can support 8gb microsdhc, which are under 30euro delivered from uk.

If I was to order that right now, and it arrived on Monday or whatever, would I have everything I need to start or do I need another memory card or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭davidtobin100

Got my R4DS this week with a 1GB Micro SD card. Just after purchasing an 8GB card for it on ebay for less than €20 inc p&p. No complaints from me on it.

I'm a little confused about running GBA ROMs on it though - do I need a seperate card for it to work, or will converting them to .nds files and running them through the R4 work?

Also wondering, I was thinking of downloading ROMs of games I own to have everything on the one cart. Can you rename .nds files or will it cause problems with the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you got a regular R4, then I'm pretty sure your 8gb cart won't work. Regular MicroSD cards go up 2gb, and they are MicroSDHC cards above that, which the R4 doesn't support.

For GBA games to work, you need a GBA expansion pack for your GBA slot, something like this.

And talk of downloading ROMs is a big no-no here, David (even if you own them).

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭davidtobin100

Sorry about that - thought it was fine to d/l if you own them. Won't happen again! :)

kaisersose77: Just ordered the card you linked to as I can't cancel my 8GB card. Only cost me €12. Are there any differences in running it or setting it up compared to the R4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

im trying to load a r4ds for a friend,Its the r4 sdhc, witha 2 GB card,
    Any of the firmware I load doesnt work.any ideas.
    thanks,cathy

This to help people get the most out of there R4(some of the stuff should work on other cards but i cant verify that) I was amazed by the amount of talk of R4 cards on boards but no real advice on how to use it best! So after many hours trawling the net, i've compiled a starter pack for the R4

EDIT:I've included more info on emulators

It includes:
    1.The latest firmware 1.11 (has a better compatibility, download play now works in most games) and moonshell 1.71

2.A DLDI patching tool (DLDI-tool) including the R4 DLDI device patch (This is something you need to apply to a lot of homebrew applications to get them to work on your R4)

3.A NDS emulator for the PC, to try out homebrew apps before putting them on your R4 card

4.A video converter (Batch DPG v1.2) for watching video on moonshell.

5.A few emulators: Megadrive/genisis (JenisisDS 0.5)- works pretty good , never has sound.
    SNES (SNEmulDS 0.5) - Works good, sound is a small bit glitchy
    NES (NesDS) - Works very well

I've also included my own instructions for everything, I'm far from an expert but they might help!?

I only have a rapidshare link at the moment(sorry!) if anyone wants to host it somewhere else feel free. All the software is freely available (Ask if you want to know where i got anything or if you just don't like rapidshare!.....i'll post up the links for the software) its just so much handier if there all together!

I've tested and verified it all on a DS using a R4(bar the video converter)

You can get it here (its about 15mb and its a .zip file)
    R4DS starter pack by witnessmenow

So let me know what you think, or if you've problems or suggestions or anything of that nature! Good luck!

So, any updates on this stuff since 2007?

some blast from the past seeing this up here :P

I have no idea, I'm unbelievably out of touch with the DS scene

Well, for those who are still into it, this forum has just about everything you could imagine. Except warez.

http://forum.gbadev.org/viewforum.php?f=23&sid=0248b6220066a7d1c26082ea7e3c895e

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I use this comprehensive download portal seeing as I have R4's, R4Ultras, R4SDHC cards all over the place here

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement