Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Mod Warning: NO ADS)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭skeenan89

sooooooooo scared about friday.....really praying i pass 3/4....cant face having to start all over again!
    good luck to everyone! hope everyone gets what they deserve after all the hard work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Heineken pants

blathblath wrote: »
    That is exactly how I am spending my days....so awful the whole experience...what result are you awaiting??? I am hoping (so much) to have passed company but very anxious as had only an outline for the 5th.... my first 3 were very good but I am so afraid it's not enough :o anyone out there that passed on 3 good questions before???

Passed company with 4 questions, not even an attempt at the 5th...scraped the 50%. Good luck

Can anyone tell me about the application dates for blackhall...have they passed already?? How do you apply or does it go through your future employer or how does it work?

Views on the marking for EU....tough? Hopefully not as bad as Const...def the toughest marker

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭fe1sagain

Views on the marking for EU....tough? Hopefully not as bad as Const...def the toughest marker

Really hope EU examiner isnt a tough marker. There seems to be a reasonably high pass rate so fingers crossed that continues.

• Advertisement

is there somewhere you can look at pass rates online?
    ahhh the nerves are killing me!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Can anyone tell me about the application dates for blackhall...have they passed already?? How do you apply or does it go through your future employer or how does it work?

PPC1 application is due around mid-August. Most of it has to be completed by you, not the training solicitor. Contact the Education section of the Law Society and they'll send you out an application pack

Jev/N wrote: »
    PPC1 application is due around mid-August. Most of it has to be completed by you, not the training solicitor. Contact the Education section of the Law Society and they'll send you out an application pack

Thanks Jev

steph86 wrote: »
    yeh i'm feeling the exact same. this is only my first sitting. dnt know what to do if i dont get 3/4. fingers crossed everyone does ok.

also, could anyone tell me, once you have passed all your fe1 is there a certain time frame in which you have to start in blackhall and have secured a training contract??

Time limit in which you have to start blackhall after passing the FE1s is 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 14 liam-h

colonel1 wrote: »
    According to the email, your law society ID number can be found next to the "Your ref" section on any letter regarding the FE1s that you have received.

Any idea what the password is? Date of birth?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭blathblath

liam-h wrote: »
    Any idea what the password is? Date of birth?

it is "password" then you change it to what you want. EEK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭steph86

hey from what i gathered from a quick read of the email is that your password is "password" all lower case and then you change it once you get logged in.

i'm dreading fri.have barely been able to sleep properly all week.
    Please god we all pass. I'll be devastated if i dont!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

just wondering has anyone tried logging in with their username and password yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Amre17 wrote: »
    just wondering has anyone tried logging in with their username and password yet?

Yup. Worked like a charm

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

Hogzy wrote: »
    Yup. Worked like a charm

Alright thanks.. must ring tomorrow so cause i cant get in and i dont plan on waiting until monday for the post!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 imtiptop

Anyone else not able to log into the results section?

Amre17 wrote: »
    Alright thanks.. must ring tomorrow so cause i cant get in and i dont plan on waiting until monday for the post!!

Are you using the reference number from the Law Society correspondence? The password you use is 'password'

imtiptop wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to log into the results section?

Where exactly is the results section on the site? I can log in but cant find any results area.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭glengirlie

imtiptop wrote: »
    I think you log in here www.lawsociety.ie/fe1results
    Its not workin for me at all though.Hopin it works friday morning.
    Just logged in there, worked perfect unfortunately, such a procrastinator :( Said results will be out on Fri at 9.30am aaaahhhh :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭steph86

login is working for me. no results up yet tho, was kinda hoping they would put them up on the sly. wishfull thinking. ah well only one more day to wait sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Just tried logging in, no luck, hope it works tomorrow.

Guys - exercise more caution about putting the login info on a public forum like this. The system isn't a model of high security - a X-digit number and a default password that has been disclosed here, and that any fool would guess anyway. There's free and freely-available hacking software you can use to launch what's called a 'brute-force attack' on a server - it will offer the server every single number between 0 and x-digits9 plus the default password which is now public info. The software will record each succesfull login, thus coming up with a list of all the valid ID numbers. That would take less than a minute, and could be potentially catastrophic for the lawsoc's server and a big nuisance for us.
    So once you're in, change your password to an alphanumeric one with mixed upper and lower case and not a word that will be in any dictionary in any language - a brute force hack will offer every word in every dictionary too, and will add 123, 999, 000, etc as suffixes and prefixes because that is what people do in a vain attempt to invent secure passwords.
    Something like j3ytP7Bb2rt is what I mean, very inconvenient but very secure - necessary unfortunately imho now that the basic login info is public.

Best of luck to all good souls here.

JC

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bob_lob_law

God speed tomorrow everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Podge007

JCJCJC wrote: »
    Just tried logging in, no luck, hope it works tomorrow.

Guys - exercise more caution about putting the login info on a public forum like this. The system isn't a model of high security - a X-digit number and a default password that has been disclosed here, and that any fool would guess anyway. There's free and freely-available hacking software you can use to launch what's called a 'brute-force attack' on a server - it will offer the server every single number between 0 and x-digits9 plus the default password which is now public info. The software will record each succesfull login, thus coming up with a list of all the valid ID numbers. That would take less than a minute, and could be potentially catastrophic for the lawsoc's server and a big nuisance for us.
    So once you're in, change your password to an alphanumeric one with mixed upper and lower case and not a word that will be in any dictionary in any language - a brute force hack will offer every word in every dictionary too, and will add 123, 999, 000, etc as suffixes and prefixes because that is what people do in a vain attempt to invent secure passwords.
    Something like j3ytP7Bb2rt is what I mean, very inconvenient but very secure - necessary unfortunately imho now that the basic login info is public.

Best of luck to all good souls here.

JC

I was just wondering did anyone else try to change their password as I tried and it wont let me change it there??? Or do we have to wait till results are up to change it?

Podge007 wrote: »
    I was just wondering did anyone else try to change their password as I tried and it wont let me change it there??? Or do we have to wait till results are up to change it?

I'm managed to change mine.... What are the chances they will be up there sometime today...I reckon so!!!EEK

I'm managed to change mine.... What are the chances they will be up there sometime today...I reckon so!!!EEK

I very much doubt it.
    I also guarantee the website will crash with all the traffic its going to get at 9:30, People will be logging on like mad and i seriously doubt the Law Society invested in better servers for the increase in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Hogzy wrote: »
    I very much doubt it.
    I also guarantee the website will crash with all the traffic its going to get at 9:30, People will be logging on like mad and i seriously doubt the Law Society invested in better servers for the increase in traffic.

Amen. That used to happen the UL servers every time, and they had years of experience, but 12,000 logins at one time always crashed their systems. I used to get up to check my results about 5am, it was the only way to be in before the Heineken-heads.

Guys I am physically sick at the thoughts of tomorrow!!! I can't imagine logging in....petrified of my own fate :mad:

Guys I am physically sick at the thoughts of tomorrow!!! I can't imagine logging in....petrified of my own fate :mad:

I think waiting for the postman is alot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nehemiah

Not able to log in so far. It just seems to refresh the login page :mad:

• Advertisement

nehemiah wrote: »
    Not able to log in so far. It just seems to refresh the login page :mad:

that happened me too, but i just clicked on the change password button and used my user name! then it worked fine! ahhh im soooo scared! good luck everyone!!! wont be able to sleep tonight:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement