Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 770 Wiki

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭niallb

Just off the phone to MPRC in Sandyford.
    They got a delivery of LCDs yesterday, and my 770 is finished.
    They'll be running quality control checks overnight,
    and if it passes those, I can get it some time tomorrow.
    I can't believe how many times I've felt stuck without it
    over the the last three weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Good news

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

maemo.org bug for the powering itself on whenever it likes issue https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1072

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭podge3

Just got my faulty WSOD tablet back from the local Nokia Service Centre.

Seems to be working fine :D

Looks like I'm off to the Nokia repair centre again :mad:

The WSOD may have been fixed, but I can't calibrate the screen. I've tried about 8 times but the RHS of the keyboard will not calibrate. The LHS is OK.

Anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hey guys,
    I've had my 770 for about a month or so now. But after installing a few third party apps the application manager has completely stopped working:(, So i can no longer install any applications. When i try to install anything the application manager crashes.... I've tried doing system restores numerous time but to no avail. Has anyone else had similar problems?
    Cheers,
    Alan,

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

After 4 weeks, several unproductive calls to Nokia Customer Care (based in Scotland), and still no Nokia representative calling to my home to collect my defective Nokia 770 (as continually promised), I got very very mad. I Every time I rang it was like I was reporting my 770's screen problem to them anew. have never come across such a disfunctional customer care department! At one point I made an official complaint (10 days later and Nokia's complaints Dept have not gotten back to me).

Finally, after extracting a promise from a customer care agent that a Manger would would personally resolve the problem, Nokia's service agents in Dublin phoned me the following day. The day after that they arrived at my front door and swapped my defective 770 for a new 770 - which is mine to keep.

I guess good things do come to those who wait, and wait, and wait, and wait.....

eorpach

Got my 770 back from MPRC about a week ago, and it's running fine.
    Didn't want to post back any sooner just in case I was tempting fate :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

niallb wrote:
    Got my 770 back from MPRC about a week ago, and it's running fine.
    Didn't want to post back any sooner just in case I was tempting fate :-)

What did it cost to repair or was it done under warranty?

Presumably proof of purchase is required etc which would make it problematic to repair an ebay-purchased 770?

No charge.
    I said I bought it from expansys,
    but they didn't ask for any proof.

• Advertisement

Got a brand new (European) 770 back today from the Nokia Repair centre as my original one could not be fixed.

Fingers crossed that the WSOD does not strike again.

On a slightly different note, the 800 is now for sale for about €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

podge3 wrote: »
    On a slightly different note, the 800 is now for sale for about €250.

On sale for €232.49 @ play.com although I think there's some problem with delivering electronic items to Ireland :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Yeah, the problem is that they won't deliver to Ireland! :(

I know this is a bit of thread resurrection, but I finally started playing seriously with this device after a slow start, and I'm very pleased with it, apart from a couple of niggly things. I've installed most applications that I use automatically via the maemo.org site, but for a couple of things, I get an error message saying there are missing library files (notably the Minimo Mozilla web browser and that battle bejewelled game). Is there a way of installing these missing files library as repeated attempts to install the application fine.

I was also wondering if anyone else is having difficulty connecting to MSN using Gaim? I can login to Yahoo and ICQ but not MSN for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

Looks like someone has got skype working on their 770. Looks pretty straightforward too, but I haven't yet tried it myself.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12740

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

BYW, in the bit of the post above about missing lib files, I meant repeated attempts to install the application fail, of course!

Advertisement