Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Monitor

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

think this is cheaper model http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?category_id=6761&customer_id=RC1078533&l=en&~tgt=snp_category&c=IE&s=PAD&cs=RC1078533

not sure if it's a replacement?

DVI = white multipin socket... VGA = blue socket..

both work White > Blue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Heres a Picture of a DVI and VGA connecter. Some graphics cards just have a VGA connection, others like the one below have both and allow 2 monitors to run on the one computer, some more expensive cards might have 2 DVI connectors or possibly more.

If you were buying the new monitor for gaming for extra quality graphics it would be a bit of a waste if you only had a VGA connection because it would lack the quality/clarity to get the best out of the graphics but if you just want to add another monitor to play more tables/have more free space to surf while playing a VGA connection will be fine.

Id say the difference between a VGA and DVI would be comparable to watching a good quality video from a VCR and watching it on a DVD or watching RTE on cable and watching it on SKY through a scart, its not a huge difference but certainly noticeable in terms of clarity and quality.

dualmonitor02va0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheGap

I have two of the following in a box...perfect for poker...i ended up being sent the two monitors a while back...in perfect working order (obv as new in a box!), as i am new to boards, reg'd 2day, last thing i want is to be accused of a seller....might put them up on ebay, but anyway, the post caught my attention so if anyone wants them they are free to make offer...100euro i suspect is a good price.

http://www.365games.co.uk/index.php?productID=1525

19" Hanns-G HU196 LCD TFT DVI Monitor PC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

These really arent perfect for poker at all.

The main thing to look for when getting a monitor for poker is screen resolution as you want a monitor that you can multitable on.

1600 X 1200 res is a minimum requirement for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 TheGap

shoutman wrote: »
    These really arent perfect for poker at all.

The main thing to look for when getting a monitor for poker is screen resolution as you want a monitor that you can multitable on.

1600 X 1200 res is a minimum requirement for me.

ok, perfect maybe an slight overstatement :)

replace perfect with do the job!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Vamos

I was looking at running two monitors off a laptop, it's not normally possible but anyone looking to do so should check out these, it can do up to 3 external monitors along with the laptop display.

http://www.villagetronic.com/vtbook/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Van Dice

thanks guys, mine is just vga. but dont really care about picture quality/clarity, just want to increase my degeneracy rate. one last q before i order one, are there any other min specs my graphics card needs to be compatible with that 2407?

whats the name of your card?

Macspower wrote: »
    whats the name of your card?

errrr...how do i find that out?!

actually doesn't really matter.... I think your card will be fine if your laptop is anyway modern... you can right click on your desktop and click properties and click settings for more detials... main one is to see if it supports 1920x1200 resolution

• Advertisement

actually doesn't really matter.... I think your card will be fine if your laptop is anyway modern... you can right click on your desktop and click properties and click settings for more detials... main one is to see if it supports 1920x1200 resolution

that's the thing, it's a pretty old laptop. might have to get a new one

Think it's Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller if that makes sense

have a look here but maybe better asking one of the sellers if your draphics cards supports a 24 in monitor with 1920x1200 res

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel852gm/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

Nice price for the SM245B samsung if anyone is interested.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130991

not sure bout delivery to ireland, last time i tried to get things to ireland from them it was a bit of a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I'm getting a new pc with this graphics card (unless someone tells me i should get something else (?))and two of the dell 24" monitors, I already have a 2007FP tho, if i want to use that as well do i just get a second graphics card? do most motherboards usually have an extra slot? is there any cards I could get that support three or four monitors? i haven't had any luck finding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

I'm getting a new pc with this graphics card (unless someone tells me i should get something else (?))and two of the dell 24" monitors, I already have a 2007FP tho, if i want to use that as well do i just get a second graphics card? do most motherboards usually have an extra slot? is there any cards I could get that support three or four monitors? i haven't had any luck finding them.

As u are investing in a new PC i would go for a higher performance / more expensive graphics card.
    nvidia do and SLI option ( two cards connected together ) which supports 4 montors
    Matrox do a single card with multi mon support

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

This is the fella that ye want for multi monitor setups, I have used it for 2 professional photographers setup, also an autocad station in an office.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/gxm/products/th2go/digital/home.php

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Not worth starting a new thread.

Which monitor is better please??

The Dell 2407 here

or the Dell E248WFP here

Thanks

I have the 2407 and i's fantastic but I think Phantom may have ordered the 248 recently... I cant see a differenc in them apart from the price... only the 2407 was available when I ordered

Cheers Macs, hopefully PL wil reply later with a 248 review.

I was thinking they look pretty much the same but the 248 is fifty quid cheaper and its less hassle getting it from Ireland.

i think they are cheaper from PC buy it.... but they are not very good to deal with but definately cheaper... not good customer service but more opf a ryanair no frills service...
    but cant fault the product

• Advertisement

Wow they sure are, 302 euros ex. delivery, 425 off dell themselves.
    Yeah its worth it to save that much for sure.

Looks like that'll do nicely then.

they dont charge VAT either.... you have to ring yer man Simon directly as they dont have an option to order directly to ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

massive difference between the panels - the 248 uses a tn panel which is inferior to the one on the 2407 - colours, viewing angles, backlight bleed etc etc

So if i was you i would definately stretch a bit and get the 2407

However keep in mind that there has been loads of problems with the 2407 HC - loads of people have complained of ghosting

Luckily i got the non hc version and i havnt got a bad word to say about it:)

Meathman is correct in the differences in panels see here..

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?p=27944627

but if it's just for poker dont know if i could justify difference in price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Meathman is correct in the differences in panels see here..

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?p=27944627

but if it's just for poker dont know if i could justify difference in price

2408 is going for stg£376, inc vat, on pc buyit and the 248 is €398 direct from dell. I will only be using the monitor for poker and word docs - would it be worth paying the extra for the 2408 or just order the 248?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Headspace

so how many tables without over lap can a 24" take on the i-poker network, and what about 27" and 30"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭pierce hard

Headspace wrote: »
    so how many tables without over lap can a 24" take on the i-poker network, and what about 27" and 30"?

herein lies your answer

Advertisement