Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Monitor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭dvdfan

Ok my Dell 2407 arrived and i have to say its fcuking class. The official price charged to the credit card after currency/credit card transactions fees etc and delivery was €573 which is excellent, costs €1k for exact same one on Dell.ie:eek:

Anyway it has connections for 2 usb ports to plug in cameras,mp3 players etc. It has a VGA and DVI connection. You can also connect speakers directly to it and it has the red,white,yellow circular connections which connect Video Cameras, DVD players, Projectors etc and an S-Video connection whatever thats for. Pretty Cool all in all

Anyway a picture speaks a thousand words so heres some screenshots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

dvdfan wrote:
    Ok my Dell 2407 arrived and i have to say its fcuking class. The official price charged to the credit card after currency/credit card transactions fees etc and delivery was €573 which is excellent, costs €1k for exact same one on Dell.ie:eek:

Great bargain. Where'd you pick it up??

dK1NG wrote:
    Great bargain. Where'd you pick it up??

Here:

http://www.pcbuyit.co.uk/

Looks like its dropped a £20 in price too since Wednesday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

Great deal DVDFan. :D

I'm scatter brained and messy in real life but when it comes to my computer stuff I'm a finicky f'er. I'd really like to have a screen with 4 tables and no overlap at all. Another ipoker irritation that the normal table size is just that tad too big for no overlap :(

The Dell Ultrasharp 3007WFP-HC 30" I know has a big enough screen to do this but requires a dual-link DVI-D graphic card to support the WQXGA (2560x1600) resolution and also it's so friggin expensive.

So does anyone know is it just not possible to get a flatscreen height greater than 1200 without having the dual-link DVI-D graphic card and is there any cheaper option with that sort of resolution?

I'm going to have one helluva turn in form to even think about buying the 3007WP and getting a new graphics card too.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭djsctt

I'm also in the market for a new monitor so I might aswell hijack this thread :)

Is anybody using the Samsung 206 BW (1680 x 1050) ? It's around 270euro at the moment on Komplett which seems quite good value. (Its actually cheaper than the 204 but seems to be higher spec'd)

I guess this would support 4xiPoker tables with just a slight overlap ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

thats a pretty cool monitor

I've more or less decided to get myself to get a massive monitor. I don't want any overlap so I'm going to fork out for the Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=94059 or something similar
    I want that 2560x1600 resolution. Any other monitors that support the same resolution at better value?

Anyway just wondering if anyone else has one of these ultra hi-res monitors and how do you find them. The big pain for me is I'm going to have to at a minimum buy a new graphics card as well but my motherboard only supports AGP, any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Great piece of kit there luckylucky, would it not be more cost effective to just order two monitors such as 2 x dell 2007wp or 2 X samsung 204b?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

I ordered the 24" dell today but they are out of stock for a week or so..

the Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC delivered to Ireland will cost 1030 euro all in delivered.... a lot of boardsies have bought off this crowd too...

shoutman wrote: »
    Great piece of kit there luckylucky, would it not be more cost effective to just order two monitors such as 2 x dell 2007wp or 2 X samsung 204b?

I have a pretty decent Dell already, can't remember the model offhand, think it's the precursor to the dell2007wp(it supports 1600x1200 anyway).
    I had a second monitor before but have given that to the missus now. I really don't want overlap, unfortunately iPoker(the network I play mostly on) and some of the other sites I play on I can't fit 4 normal tables on without any overlap on a 1600x1200. I don't want to use the miniview so I'd really like to get this monitor for my main screen and use the existing one for either running other computer apps or maybe even playing on another couple of tables. It'd be more cost effective for me alright if iPoker could reduce fractionally the size of their normal tables :p, then I'd be more than happy to go with the dell 2007wp. It's a fair bit of dosh alright, no doubt about it but I reckon it'll pay for itself in the end and if not at least I'll have a great piece of kit as you say :D

• Advertisement

Macspower wrote: »

the Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC delivered to Ireland will cost 1030 euro all in delivered.... a lot of boardsies have bought off this crowd too...

They don't deliver to Portugal :(

Thats very tempting at that price and a nice savings of €800 compared with the dell site, its a pity its so close to christmas otherwise i would be seriously tempted.

Lucky i bought the 2407 off them, you need to ring as Irish customers cant order over the internet, prices for Irish customers are V.A.T free and delivery was only £16 and took only 2 working days, everything was in order so they seem reputable and all in order.

Cant wait to see the screenshots when you get it up and running, cant help you with technical side of it though, maybe the pc forum might?

dvdfan wrote: »
    Thats very tempting at that price and a nice savings of €800 compared with the dell site, its a pity its so close to christmas otherwise i would be seriously tempted.

Lucky i bought the 2407 off them, you need to ring as Irish customers cant order over the internet, prices for Irish customers are V.A.T free and delivery was only £16 and took only 2 working days, everything was in order so they seem reputable and all in order.

Cant wait to see the screenshots when you get it up and running, cant help you with technical side of it though, maybe the pc forum might?

I emailed them before and they replied that they don't deliver to Portugal but perhaps it's no harm giving them a ring, not building my hopes up too much though.

Edit:Just rang them up now, the guy was a bit curt and said they're UK only, when I said that they had delivered to Ireland, he just repeated they're UK only :confused:, so had to leave it at that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

I'll put in another vote for the 24" Dell. I have a slightly older model than the current one, but it's a really nice monitor. I've heard good things about the Samsung too. I also have a 20" beside it, which is around the same physical height and exactly the same in pixels. This setup works pretty well for me.

It looks like you've already noticed, but just to be clear the 30" doesn't require dual DVI links, it requires a card with dual-link DVI. When I had a look at these over a year ago they were all pretty expensive but I'm sure they've come down a lot since then.

Are you saying that two iPoker tables can't stack in 1200 pixels? Or is your taskbar getting in the way?

That English site also looks like a good find, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

i should ring up pcbuyit and demand some commision - i wonder how many sales i have given them by giving them positive feedback and posting the link on here!

Zab wrote: »

It looks like you've already noticed, but just to be clear the 30" doesn't require dual DVI links, it requires a card with dual-link DVI.
    Yeah I actually thought until today that it required two physical DVI connectors, but I gather(I think:p) that it's just a more advanced DVI connector than the earlier versions?
    Zab wrote:
    Are you saying that two iPoker tables can't stack in 1200 pixels?

Yip you can't stack 2 tables in 1200 pixels in normal view with or without autohide on. I'm not fan of autohide anyway but as I say it's still not enough to avoid overlap with the taskbar hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

luckylucky wrote: »
    Yeah I actually thought until today that it required two physical DVI connectors, but I gather(I think:p) that it's just a more advanced DVI connector than the earlier versions?

I have no reason to think that dual-link connectors weren't in the original DVI spec, although I'm not going to pretend that I follow any of this that closely. But, yeah, it's a single connector with more pins than the standard single link one. When I was looking at the 24"/30" monitors this was the deciding factor, as I didn't want to have to spend an extra €400+ on the card on top of the extra for the 30". As I said, I'm sure they've come down a lot, I see the monitors have anyway.
    Yip you can't stack 2 tables in 1200 pixels in normal view with or without autohide on. I'm not fan of autohide anyway but as I say it's still not enough to avoid overlap with the taskbar hidden.

That's pretty amazing. I haven't seen a site that you couldn't do that with. I also don't use autohide. Actually my taskbar is usually double height, but it only displays on the 20" which means I have the full 1200 on the 24".

Zab wrote: »
    I didn't want to have to spend an extra €400+ on the card on top of the extra for the 30". As I said, I'm sure they've come down a lot, I see the monitors have anyway.

Yeah the cards aren't crazy dear now.

This one would do the job afaik and it's £42.68 at amazon
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Club-3D-HD-2400PRO-Graphics/dp/B000V6T3CO/ref=sr_1_58/203-7073847-5935939?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1192572784&sr=1-58
    Zab wrote:
    That's pretty amazing. I haven't seen a site that you couldn't do that with. I also don't use autohide. Actually my taskbar is usually double height, but it only displays on the 20" which means I have the full 1200 on the 24".

Just one of the many amazing features of IPoker ;)

If it wasn't for the good support of GJP and the supply of fishes there well.... ahem let's put it this way I don't play there for the great software

Heres a screenshot of 4 ipoker tables on a 1600 x 1200 res with a small bit of overlap with the taskbar on my other monitor

4ipokerta1blessi8.jpg

ok my Dell 24" is winging it's way to me from pcbuyit.co.uk @ 545 euro delivered... cant be beaten anywhere I looked... thanks guys for the referral

LuckyLucky
    I was speaking to Simon today about shipping to portugal and he would be happy to do it if you were referred by someone who already purchased from him.. the problem is he says he has no way of verifying address for CC outside UK and Ireland and therefore has avoided it.. So if you e-mail him with your address he will mail you back tommorrow with a shipping price to Portugal and he has the 30" coming in on Friday...

• Advertisement

ok my Dell 24" is winging it's way to me from pcbuyit.co.uk @ 545 euro delivered... cant be beaten anywhere I looked... thanks guys for the referral

LuckyLucky
    I was speaking to Simon today about shipping to portugal and he would be happy to do it if you were referred by someone who already purchased from him.. the problem is he says he has no way of verifying address for CC outside UK and Ireland and therefore has avoided it.. So if you e-mail him with your address he will mail you back tommorrow with a shipping price to Portugal and he has the 30" coming in on Friday...

Cheers MacsPower, I appreciate this a lot. I'll email him shortly then, also the thing is I got uk credit and debit cards with a uk address so that part of it should help I would think, though of course I still want it physically delivered to Portugal.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

Very interested in the 2407 dell.

How do I check if my graphics card is up to scratch:o

Think its a geoforce 6600 doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Simon @ PCBuyIT

Hi All,

In response to a couple of points regarding PCBuyiT

At the moment we can accept manual orders for European / EIRE customers simply call 01256 300022. We will be updating the site soon for European deliveries and payment authentication.

Regard VAT , VAT should NOT be charged for products shipping outside the UK i.e. Ireland.

Regards

Simon

ps 6600 is definitely ok for a 2407WFP, in fact most cards even entry will support the 1920 24" resolution.

Also the delivery charge for a 2407WFP to most European destinations should be £30, for Ireland it's £18 usually delivered 2-3days via Citylink

Also the delivery charge for a 2407WFP to most European destinations should be £30, for Ireland it's £18 usually delivered 2-3days via Citylink

Simon, I've pm'd you in regards to this.

We have also just received the new Dell E248WFP 24" and is only £260 ex VAT (European custromers) £305 Inc VAT UK the usual dead pixel guarantee etc.

Forum customers please use this link to save you money, this will always show our lowest price point;

http://www.pcbuyit.co.uk/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=68&dept%5Fname=Forum+Customers

We can now ship to EUROPE VAT FREE the cost is £30 France Germany Italy and Portugual - Spain is approx £39 please mail first as depending on the screen size the price can be less sales@pcbuyit.co.uk

Simon how des this compare to the 2407? friend of mine wants a 24" and was going to buy one like the ones i've ordered.. what about the Samsung? How does it compare to the dell?

We have also just received the new Dell E248WFP 24" and is only £260 ex VAT (European custromers) £305 Inc VAT UK the usual dead pixel guarantee etc.

Forum customers please use this link to save you money, this will always show our lowest price point;

http://www.pcbuyit.co.uk/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=68&dept%5Fname=Forum+Customers

We can now ship to EUROPE VAT FREE the cost is £30 France Germany Italy and Portugual - Spain is approx £39 please mail first as depending on the screen size the price can be less sales@pcbuyit.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Vamos

Komplett have a decent 24" for 379, same resolution as the 2407.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338368

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

What size screen/ resolution etc would ye recommend for multi-tabling?

And can anyone tell me how to change the table size on boss/ipoker - its doing my head in recently.:(

Advertisement