Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Service Checkouts.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

markpb wrote:
    Why use them then? It's no reflection on you if you can't and it must be faster to use the other aisles?

If one is free (checkout not the DVD's) and there's Q's at the other's I'll try it one more time.

Sometime's people behind me scan my item's for me, its gas!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

If only I was intelligent enough to work in a supermarket and earn
    minimum wage ;)

If only I was intelligent enough to have a Biology degree... oh wait I already do.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Nala wrote:
    If only I was intelligent enough to have a Biology degree... oh wait I already do.

that's not something you often see in tesco, usually it's old ladies or p*ssed off looking teenagers

maybe that's just my local one them
    :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

bonkey wrote:
    I think you may have misunderstood the message.
    nala wrote:
    The people I hate are the ones who haven't a clue but either blame the machine or me, and try to tell me how to do my job. Especially the ones who think I'm some sort of skivvy.

Maybe I quoted a bit too much of the post the first time around but I don't think I misunderstood the message.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

GreeBo wrote:
    Seriously, why not use SuperScan?
    Its infinitely quicker.
    Iused to use superscan myself until i lost my superclub card. I just got a new one and when I go to superquinn the scanning machine tells me to contact customer service every time. They tell me that i just need to buy something in the store then I can use superscan again. I told them many times i have like i did on Monday. It really bothers me.

Was in Superquinn in Sutton on Monday and decided to use the fast lane as i had about 7 items. The muppet in from of me scanned his item held it in is hand the machine told him put it in the bagging area, intread the muppet put it back in the trolly. He looked at the maahine for about 60 seconds until an empoyee came and put the item on the bagging area. There always seem to be muppets like this i both tesco and superquin:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭folkface

MooseJam wrote:
    self service is a license to steal, scan every second item

Yeah you see i think it registers every item by weight. :confused:

What i do is buy loads of Sticky pastries (you know the ones with almonds)
    put them loose into a light plastic bag (from the bakery)then as you're checking out because there is no barcode you have to enter them manually.:D

So lets just say Recently i've been buying a lot of 35cent bread rolls. ;)
    The boss in work thinks i'm really trying to butter him up for something, arriving in everyday with pastries. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

I might as well weigh in with my own problem with these machines. Before you begin to scan your items, I feel it would be handy to leave a bag in the "Bagging area", into which you could place the items directly after you've scanned them.

However, the bagging area is super sensitive, and won't let you place anything there until it is scanned. As a result, you have to place all of your items in the area loosely, and then pack them after you've completed all your scanning and paid.

I'm not sure if this issue can be resolved, but I think it would make the queues pass a lot quicker, rather than having everyone spend an extra 1-2 mins packing their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

6ix wrote:
    However, the bagging area is super sensitive, and won't let you place anything there until it is scanned. As a result, you have to place all of your items in the area loosely, and then pack them after you've completed all your scanning and paid.
    In Superquinn anyway, you stick your bags on the rack provided for loading your bags, and hit the start button. The thing tells you "Unexpected item in bagging area", you hit the "Bag/Box" button, and the guy/girl watching the tills confirms it and lets you proceed. Works flawlessly for me every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

seamus wrote:
    In Superquinn anyway, you stick your bags on the rack provided for loading your bags, and hit the start button. The thing tells you "Unexpected item in bagging area", you hit the "Bag/Box" button, and the guy/girl watching the tills confirms it and lets you proceed. Works flawlessly for me every time.

Yep, I usually have it done before the machine even tells the customer there's an unexpected item. Although you do get people who after I clear it, remove the bag and then put it back down again, then it says "Unexpected item" again, and they lift it up again, and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I hate the ones in tesco but I love the ones in Superquinn, I'm always using them in Superquinn, Northside and all the old grannies seem to be frightened of them so theres never anyone using them. Lovely!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I hate the ones in tesco but I love the ones in Superquinn, I'm always using them in Superquinn, Northside and all the old grannies seem to be frightened of them so theres never anyone using them. Lovely!
    That actually does say a lot, because they are more-or-less the same piece of technology. Superquinn have only had the software slightly customised for themselves, but under the hood they're the same machine.

Advertisement