Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Here is one I am particularly looking forward too

51wBbyyqxxL._SS500_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

If anyone has bought the Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin they will understand how poor this dvd is in terms of presentation. There was no real insight and the format of Austin talks/ Match/ Austin talks/ Match is quite dull. The matches are ok, but miss several of his well documented ones.

The Stone Cold dvd gets a very disappointing 4/10 from me (from what I understand Austin doesn't even care too much for it either).

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I still have it on video as part of the Six Pack Of Attitude set. It was definitely the poorest of the Austin video set really, 3:16 Uncensored was a lot better but Lord Of The Ring, i thought was the better one out of all of them.

Then WWE started learning to produce stuff and came out with What?, which was just pure class.

VR!

agree with that, i got the What? dvd for a fiver and love it, the bit where himself and vince are cracking up when hes trying to get the take right singing kumbaya (or however the hell you spell it) is hilarious, its cool to see vince out of wwe mode for a few seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    If anyone has bought the Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin they will understand how poor this dvd is in terms of presentation. There was no real insight and the format of Austin talks/ Match/ Austin talks/ Match is quite dull. The matches are ok, but miss several of his well documented ones.

The Stone Cold dvd gets a very disappointing 4/10 from me (from what I understand Austin doesn't even care too much for it either).

It's a match listing, and a poor one at that. I didn't bother with it as i have most of the matches on it anyway. Rock's one is piss poor as well i have to say, the promos as extras are already featured on the Just Bring It 2 disc DVD. So if you got that, then take a pass with this one, unless you want to Rock being carried left right and centre due to his poor ring work.

VR!

EdK wrote: »
    Here is one I am particularly looking forward too

51wBbyyqxxL._SS500_.jpg

Heh i'm wanting this one as well, anyone got a match listing for it? :D
    VR!

• Advertisement

It's a match listing, and a poor one at that. I didn't bother with it as i have most of the matches on it anyway. Rock's one is piss poor as well i have to say, the promos as extras are already featured on the Just Bring It 2 disc DVD. So if you got that, then take a pass with this one, unless you want to Rock being carried left right and centre due to his poor ring work.

VR!

As a big SCSA fan, I was really disappointed with it. I was hoping that it would be like Bret Hart's dvd, where one disc is a documentary and the other 2 discs would cover his pick of matches. In an interview with the Sun he said that Kevin Dunn picked the matches and some of them he couldn't even remember much about.

As a big SCSA fan, I was really disappointed with it. I was hoping that it would be like Bret Hart's dvd, where one disc is a documentary and the other 2 discs would cover his pick of matches. In an interview with the Sun he said that Kevin Dunn picked the matches and some of them he couldn't even remember much about.

Well given the amount of Austin documentaries that came out in the last six years, another one would be somewhat overkill. Especially with What? and The Stone Cold Truth coming out in the space of two years of each other.

I do hear where you're coming from though, but i can understand why they went the route they did. It's a money generator, and precious little else.

VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

It's a money generator, and precious little else.

It did really without much pub, it out sold the HHH DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Just Got Four Dvds From amazon.com and got slapped with €17.12 "customs"
    Well it was more than that because the fella had no proper change,as in a few coins in his pocket not like a float. Also i never got a reciet, how can they charge like a business but not run it like one

Asked him why and he said oh they just check @ random and maybe the dog barked on it.The parcel took two weeks to arrive also,so makes you wonder where this customs goes to.

Mind you i still saved a fair bit, but just said id highlight this con to people!

moto_0032.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

Yeah that's the risk you take. Once I ordered a guitar worth €700 and was only charged €30 customs so go figure!

It's usually best to order from ROH as they always mark down for customs. I once got 12 DVD's in a huge box from them and didn't get charged at all. They usually have the latest WWE releases too and their 20-30% deals make it even cheaper again. Plus it's always good to support a small company like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

The Summerslam anthology is now available for pre order from silvervision.

Yeah that's the risk you take. Once I ordered a guitar worth €700 and was only charged €30 customs so go figure!

It's usually best to order from ROH as they always mark down for customs. I once got 12 DVD's in a huge box from them and didn't get charged at all. They usually have the latest WWE releases too and their 20-30% deals make it even cheaper again. Plus it's always good to support a small company like that.

jesus you'd think they would work on a 21 or 22% vat charge on that item!

Ah yeah I know on black friday i got some GREAT deals,and roh and most of their American counterparts try and put $5 or something small on packages.

Ah sure i know now and i only really would use amazon.com for wwe dvds so i doubt with the state of wwe it will be a while before i order anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

jeffk wrote: »
    jesus you'd think they would work on a 21 or 22% vat charge on that item!

Ah yeah I know on black friday i got some GREAT deals,and roh and most of their American counterparts try and put $5 or something small on packages.

Ah sure i know now and i only really would use amazon.com for wwe dvds so i doubt with the state of wwe it will be a while before i order anymore.

Yeah I just got really lucky then! They have a sale on now I think, ordered lots of stuff the other night. WWE DVD's went quick though.

Yeah I just got really lucky then! They have a sale on now I think, ordered lots of stuff the other night. WWE DVD's went quick though.

BIG TEN SALE.
    Im on it now,ignored the email as they hadnt updated the list that much but i see some 07 dvds so lets have a gander :)

If you are thinking of ordering from ROH anytime soon i'd say ease off unless its a real bargain I guarantee a 30%+ sale on or around the 4th of July

EdK wrote: »
    If you are thinking of ordering from ROH anytime soon i'd say ease off unless its a real bargain I guarantee a 30%+ sale on or around the 4th of July

Oh yeah american holiday,just @ the checkout stage now,cheers :D
    while im waiting are these dvds as good as the net says:

Driven 6/23/07
    Domination 6/9/07
    Respect Is Earned 5/12/07
    The Battle of St. Paul 4/27/07

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Never seen it, but the Legacy of SCSA is the one hour special on Sky Sports during the week for anyone interested.

Never seen it, but the Legacy of SCSA is the one hour special on Sky Sports during the week for anyone interested.

Might give this one a watch real quick. Not that it'll convince me to spend my hard earned dosh on it.

VR!

IF anyone hasnt ordered wrestlemania and cant find three dvds to get the 10% play.com have it cheaper than silvervision:

http://www.play.com/Search.aspx?searchtype=R2&searchstring=Wrestlemania+24&page=search&pa=search&go.x=46&go.y=12

Oh just seeing the rock dvds €2.50 cheaper,so id say have a look @ play and silvervison before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Contents of The Life and Times of Mr. Perfect DVD have been announced.
    Taken from silvervision:
    Curt Hennig, better known as Mr. Perfect, competed for the American Wrestling Association, World Wrestling Entertainment and World Championship Wrestling. Born the son of legendary Larry “The Axe” Hennig, it was perhaps inevitable that Curt would want to follow in his father’s footsteps. But Mr. Perfect lived up to his moniker becoming one of the best in-ring technicians of his generation. A former AWA World Heavyweight Champion, he was also the longest-reigning Intercontinental Champion of the 1990s. Loved by fans and friends alike, Mr. Perfect entertained in and out of the ring, earning him the honour of induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. This two-disc set relives his life and career, from his early start as a second-generation star through AWA, WWE, and WCW. Some of his greatest matches and vignettes are included. Who was this man? Here’s a hint… he was absolutely “perfect”.

Disc 1

Perfection
    Twin City Origins
    Building a Path
    AWA
    Mr. Perfect
    Living up to His Name
    Intercontinental Champion
    The Prankster
    Commentator
    WCW
    Return to the WWE
    A Sudden Tragedy
    Hall of Fame
    The Perfect Legacy Lives On

Curt Hennig vs. Eddie Gilbert
    Madison Square Garden (21/11/82)

Curt Hennig & Scott Hall vs. Steve Regal & Jimmy Garvin
    AWA Championship Wrestling (26/11/85)

Mr. Perfect Hall of Fame Induction
    WWE Hall of Fame (31/03/07)

“Rap is Crap” Music Video

Vignettes

Billiards October 1, 1988

Golf – Perfect Putt October 1, 1988

Darts October 8, 1988

Bowling October 8, 1988

Chess October 15, 1988

Basketball October 15, 1988

Ping Pong October 28, 1989

Diving November 4, 1989

Golf – Perfect Drive November 4, 1989

Horseshoes November 24, 1989

Baseball with Wade Boggs December 26, 1992

Football – Perfect Passer with Steve Jordan February 13, 1993

Basketball with Felton Spencer February 27, 1993

Hockey with Mike Modano March 13, 1993

Stories

Curt Loved Karaoke

Lifestyles of Mr. Perfect

Disc 2

60-Minute Time Limit AWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Curt Hennig vs. Nick Bockwinkel
    AWA Championship Wrestling (15/11/86)

Curt Hennig vs. Terry Taylor
    Commentary By: Michael Cole & Mick Foley
    WrestleFest (31/07/88)

Mr. Perfect vs. Bret Hart
    Madison Square Garden (24/04/89)

WWE Championship Match
    Mr. Perfect vs. Hulk Hogan
    Madison Square Garden (15/01/90)

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match with Special Referee Roddy Piper
    Mr. Perfect vs. The Texas Tornado
    Madison Square Garden (24/11/90)

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
    Bret Hart vs. Mr. Perfect
    SummerSlam (26/08/91)

WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
    Mr. Perfect vs. Shawn Michaels
    SummerSlam (30/08/93)

Curt Hennig vs. Bret Hart
    Uncensored (15/03/98)

• Advertisement

Contents of The Life and Times of Mr. Perfect DVD have been announced.
    Taken from silvervision:

I'd just love to say if that's the match i think it is, the MSG 89 match Hennig v Bret, then it's freakin awesome. Bret was used as fodder to get Hennig uber-over during Bret's aborted singles push #2 (the first aborted push being in 88). But the two tear the house down for nearly 20 minutes. Something that was almost unhead of in 1989 unless it involved The Rockers and Arn & Tully.

VR!

I finally won a silvervision competition yay!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Haz2311

What did you win?

A signed copy of William Regals book, met him at WM meet and greet though

Eh and on the dvd front got the WM dvd a couple of days ago and am still getting goosebumps reliving it and spotting myself at the HOF and at WM, The Rock at the HOF is brilliant and if anyone ever has a chance to go to a Wrestlemania take it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Haz2311

Congrats on the competition win. I got the WM DVD too, I got goosebumps watching it and I wasn't even there! It has such an aura. Great show too. Can't wait for next year when I'll be reliving it all again on DVD :)

anyone watch the Rocks speech and hear a section chanting "turn up the mic!" me my cousin and a few other people started that we couldnt hear a bloody word he was saying as we were sitting way above the speaker level, wierd how the dvd has him coming out halfway through but he was the first on, his speech alone lasted about 45 mins if not longer

He was first on the night but they showed id differently on tv, The Rock went first so he could leave, plus the fact that people would watch the start for Rocky skip all the others and come back at the end for Flair

There was very little respect show to any inductee which was disappointed some long periods of awkward silence followed by rounds of applause for the sake of it because nobody knew who they were

The Rock is priceless though the comments to Cena, Santino and Jericho were class and the way he forgot his millions and millions line and went back to do it again

Plus the upper deck crowd chants, Turn the mic up, we cant hear you. use that mic, please start over haha

Has anyone noticed how poor the plastic bits that hold the discs in are stuck down in the mania tin edition?Even some of the cardboard is coming away.
    VERY shoddy and not what id expect from wwe and especially not a wrestlemania set

Plus throw in silvervisions poor attitude to packaging and it takes the shine of what should be a great set.

jeffk wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed how poor the plastic bits that hold the discs in are stuck down in the mania tin edition?Even some of the cardboard is coming away.
    VERY shoddy and not what id expect from wwe and especially not a wrestlemania set

Plus throw in silvervisions poor attitude to packaging and it takes the shine of what should be a great set.

I have the exact same problem with the Ladder Match dvd. Really annoying.....

• Advertisement

mine was a bit battered when i got the tin alright, theres a dent in the side, i'd send it back but what would be the point the replacement might be the same

Advertisement