Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestling DVDs Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Richy06 wrote: »
    www.highspots.com

Best wrestling shop site out there.

For DVDs you'd save a bit of money buying off ROH if you're going for WWE DVDs. Like that Hardy Boys DVD, ROH have it cheaper and then on top of that they've got a 15/20% off offer at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

My recommendation of the month is to get your hands on the ROH shows from Orlando and try to spot me in section D row 2 with the No Remorse Corp t-shirt haha

Its really cool of ROH to mark the packages as being worth $5 aswell no matter whats in em so customs doesnt get their greedy paws on the stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

I've noticed on all the new ROH DVDs it says they're region 0, but what about the older ones? Anyone have any idea on what region they are? Wouldn't mind getting a few of the Best Of's series... and the NOAH ones. Maybe it's time I invest in a good multi-region DVD player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Nature Boy Ric Flair: The Definitive Collection (3 Discs)

This is a three disc set with a comprehensive professional biography and more than two discs filled with matches spanning the 30+ year career of the ‘Nature Boy.” It’s filled with exclusive footage from WrestleMania weekend, as well as the emotional sendoff Ric received at Raw the night after WrestleMania XXIV, including footage that never aired on television. Features several matches that have never before been released on DVD, from Mid-Atlantic, World Class Championship Wrestling, WCW, and more.

Disc 1

Beginnings

Plane Crash

The Nature Boy

Traveling Champion

Slick Ric

The Role of a Champion

The Four Horsemen

The Clash with Sting

Slaying the Dragon

Hardcore with Terry Funk

From Crockett to WCW

The Real World Champion

Troubles in WCW

Success in WWE

Evolution

WrestleMania 24 Weekend

Farewell to Flair

Flair Stories

Too Many Distractions

Buying Boots

Bleaching His Hair

Hanging with the Outlaws

Ric’s Relationship with the Members of Evolution

Key to the City March 24, 2008

Ric Flair Tribute Video

Disc 2

Jack Brisco vs. Ric Flair
    Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (18/08/82)

2 out of 3 Falls Match for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
    Kerry Von Erich vs. Ric Flair
    World Class Championship Wrestling (24/08/82)

NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match
    Ric Flair vs. Harley Race
    Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (31/08/83)

Ric Flair / Arn Anderson / Ole Anderson vs. Dusty Rhodes / Magnum TA / Manny Fernandez
    World Wide Wrestling (15/12/85)

Sting vs. Ric Flair
    Clash of the Champions (27/03/88)

Ric Flair vs. Terry Funk
    Great American Bash (23/07/89)

Disc 3

Ric Flair vs. “Rowdy” Roddy Piper
    Madison Square Garden (28/10/91)

WCW Championship
    Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat
    Spring Stampede (17/04/94)

Steel Cage Match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
    Triple H vs. Ric Flair
    Taboo Tuesday (01/11/05)

Career Threatening Match
    Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels
    WrestleMania 24 (30/03/08)

Extras
    Ric Flair’s Farewell Address
    RAW (31/03/08)

Promos

Limousine Drivin’ Jet Flyin’

Stylin & Profilin’ – NWA World Championship Wrestling May 25, 1985

Take a Ride on Space Mountain – NWA World Championship Wrestling June 22, 1985

The Boss – NWA World Championship Wrestling

August 17, 1985

Slick Ric – NWA World Championship Wrestling

September 7, 1985

Real Men Stay Up – NWA World Championship Wrestling September 21, 1985

What’s Causing All This – NWA World Championship Wrestling December 20, 1985

Space Mountainettes – NWA World Championship Wrestling April 7, 1987

Golden Spoon – NWA World Championship Wrestling November 13, 1987

Pretty good looking set but its missing 10 years of his career.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I know there is another Flair DVD out there.Is this period covered in it and are WWE offering new stuff rather than having fans double dipping for slightly modded items?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Yeah they've definitely tried to make sure there is little crossover between the 2 dvds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Yeah they've definitely tried to make sure there is little crossover between the 2 dvds.

One of the things i will give WWE home video is that on most of their releases, they very seldom duplicate matches, unless they were on previous releases that are now out of print (ie, the ones that came out before May 2002). The Michaels DVDs are a great example of this.

I'll be getting this one anyway, it'll be worth it just for the documentary alone. I hate match compilation DVDs to be honest. I'd sooner hear opinions on events for an hour and a half than watch a load of matches i've seen before.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Coolio.
    Will prob check this out.The Doc looks sweet,would love to hear the opinions surrounding WCW Vs WWF.

On that particular subject, expect some rehashes from confidential documentaries from around 2002. I know for the Michaels and Piper DVD's they used older footage regarding certain subjects.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

When is the new Ric Flair one out?

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    When is the new Ric Flair one out?

August. You can pre-order it here: http://www.silvervision.co.uk/product.asp?currency=EUR&pf_id=WWE1203

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

I'm def getting the Ric Flair box set!!:D
    By the way, was thinking of getting the Bret Hart dvd box set as well. Would it be worth the money?! Is it any good?!

BlackMamba wrote: »
    By the way, was thinking of getting the Bret Hart dvd box set as well. Would it be worth the money?! Is it any good?!

If your a fan of Bret Hart, you'll love it. The documentary is brilliant and has a really good selection of matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

If your a fan of Bret Hart, you'll love it. The documentary is brilliant and has a really good selection of matches.

Massive Bret Hart fan!! Thanks for reply!!:D:D

Even if you're not a Bret fan (which is pretty much known to most people here that i'm not), it's still a damn good documentary and i don't think the matches picked for it could be better. The documentary is a lot easier to watch and listen to than his book is to read.

Hah, i'm agreeing with Vince135792003 a lot these days. Now that's just plain disturbing.
    VR!

The Hardy dvd is poor enough particularly the Jeff Hardy disc

EdK wrote: »
    The Hardy dvd is poor enough particularly the Jeff Hardy disc

No documentary for that set was a major minus for the DVD's, the other big problem was the ladder match DVD that was released the previous year, which had most of the Hardys best matches as a tag team in it! So they weren't gonna stick those same matches on the Hardys DVD's, otherwise people would have been screaming "rip off" six ways from sunday.

On top of that Jeff as far as a singles career in WWE only had his brief run in Dec 2001, May 2002-Feb 2003 and then June 2006 onwards, compared to Matt, there's not a lot of matches to choose from there. And after Jeff's series with Undertaker in 2002, the rest up til 2003 was just horrible. I still remember that angle they tried to do with Jeff and Trish a few weeks before his firing. I don't know who was more uncomfortable with that kiss, Trish or Jeff!

VR!

From www.prowrestling.net

Matt and Jeff Hardy's DVD sale success: Just to let you know that the Hardy Boys DVD also topped the TV DVD sales at Billboard.com.

This comes with an interesting fact which is very good news for both Hardys—it's the first WWE DVD release to crack the top ten TV DVD list since the Bret Hart DVD and the first to hit number one since The Rise and Fall of ECW. Thats a pretty damn impressive note considering the ECW DVD is the WWE's biggest seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Does anyone know where you can get NOAH DVDs without the English commentary? Listening to the English commentary is painful. They don't know the moves, barely know the wrestlers name and are altogether hopeless.

Even the awful PWG commentary is better than this crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

http://japanwrestlingtapes.com

That site sells DVDs with Japanese commentary, I heard some good things about it before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Im after recently buying the RAW 15th anniversary DVD looking back on the last 15 years of RAW and I have to say...Im very dissapointed with it :(...There are a lot more promos I can remember that arent in it..And some of the matches in it are quiet stupid..Just needed to get that out of me..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

callaway92 wrote: »
    Im after recently buying the RAW 15th anniversary DVD looking back on the last 15 years of RAW and I have to say...Im very dissapointed with it :(...There are a lot more promos I can remember that arent in it..And some of the matches in it are quiet stupid..Just needed to get that out of me..

Only the first disc is worth watching, the other two discs just has bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

IMOA the best way wwe could have done that was a promo/angle/skits version and a wrestling version.

I myself would go more for the wrestling side of things and inturn didn't like this dvd that much.Seemed to be more angles and promos than actual wrestling and what wrestling there was had a hatchet job done on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

KOC-DV-9266.jpg

Out around August time. Got the Rumble anthology so will more than likely get this.

Also out in August is:

WTC062_L.JPG

WrestleMania XV

WWE Championship Match
    The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

Hell in a Cell Match
    Big Boss Man vs. Undertaker

European Championship Match
    Shane McMahon vs. X-Pac

Women’s Championship Match
    Sable vs. Tori

Kane vs. Triple H

Fatal Four Way Elimination Match for the Intercontinental Championship
    Road Dogg vs. Val Venis vs. Goldust vs. Ken Shamrock

Big Show vs. Mankind

Brawl For All Match
    Butterbean vs. Bart Gunn

World Tag Team Championship Match
    Owen Hart & Jeff Jarrett vs. D-Lo Brown & Test

Triple Threat Match for the Hardcore Championship
    Billy Gunn vs. Al Snow vs. Hardcore Holly

Special features:

Video package: Sable vs. Tori

Video package: Kane vs. Triple H

Fan Comments

Insight into the technical aspect of the WWE

Highlights from the WrestleMania Rage Party

Main event voiceover: The Rock

Main event voiceover: Stone Cold Steve Austin

Hell Yeah

Living by the belief that whatever doesn’t kill him makes him stronger, Stone Cold Steve Austin continues his assault on authority and the WWE Championship. Austin’s answer to Corporate oppression? The middle finger! Defy authority and check out some of the Rattlesnake’s venom. This DVD features highlights of over 10 of Stone Cold’s biggest matches, including an exclusive look at the WrestleMania XV match against The Rock with candid comments from Stone Cold on what it felt like to be challenging for the WWE Championship in the biggest match of the year.

Special Features:

Stone Cold throws the Intercontinental Championship in the river

In Your House D-Generation X

The Zamboni Incident

The Beer Truck Incident

Mr. McMahon gets a visitor in the hospital

Comments from some of the WWE Superstars

The Birth of Austin 3:16

Stone Cold raising hell outside of the ring

Stone Cold raising hell inside of the ring

Stone Cold cursing

“Pulp Austin”

Stone Cold comments on his trademark walk to the ring

Stone Cold comments on his relationship with Mr. McMahon

Video Package from Unforgiven 1998

Stone Cold comments on his relationship with the fans

Video Package on Stone Cold’s battles with the McMahon’s

Could go for this too,my WM15 dvd is well scratched :D

I gotta say, i enjoyed this, fair enough not all of the segments would have been ones i would have picked, but it was still a decent summary of 15 years, and for a lot of those that i'd watch again for research or show someone, it's a lot easier to have that, rather than trawl through a rake of DVD's to find it.

Plus i got it in Gamestop for 27 quid, which isn't bad for a 4 dvd set. It'd been used once and only one fingerprint on one of the discs. Not a bad deal :)

VR!

WTC062_L.JPG

Bleugh! Mixing Mania XV and Hell Yeah together made no damn sense.
    Of course, it makes way for Mania's 16, 17 and 18 to be reissued. There was no way they would make tagged classics as the originals were 2 dvd jobs, and they've already been reissued without extras as part of the Anthology, so the blurring and bleeping is already done.

It'll probably never happen, but i'd love for them to release the Wrestlemania all day long special they did back in 2000. Sadly only a 3 hour cut down version of it appeared as a bonus disc for Wrestlemania 2000.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I love that Stone Cold "Hell Yeah" dvd. It was one of the first wrestling videos I bought as far as I can remember, I'd reccomend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I love that Stone Cold "Hell Yeah" dvd. It was one of the first wrestling videos I bought as far as I can remember, I'd reccomend it.

I remember watching it when I was younger on video and remember it being rubbish. Although I never really liked SCSA so maybe that's why.

I still have it on video as part of the Six Pack Of Attitude set. It was definitely the poorest of the Austin video set really, 3:16 Uncensored was a lot better but Lord Of The Ring, i thought was the better one out of all of them.

Then WWE started learning to produce stuff and came out with What?, which was just pure class.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I still have it on video as part of the Six Pack Of Attitude set. It was definitely the poorest of the Austin video set really, 3:16 Uncensored was a lot better but Lord Of The Ring, i thought was the better one out of all of them.
    I thought the Harry Potter films were better tbh. :p

Advertisement