Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell launch thin and light XPS m1330 in Ireland

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭markf909

Does anyone know is the 6-cell battery flush with the case?

Only the 9 cell suffers from this protrusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey all,

I'm still waiting on my M1330 (since July 5th).

It's due for delivery next wednesday (sept 5th)...and it's still in pre-production.

Do ye think the delivery date will be pushed back again or is there a chance it'll arrive next wednesday?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You Might get lucky and get it,but if you dont id say cancel your order,or threaten to cancel it,make em sweat :cool: :mad:

I rang them earlier and I got the impression that they nearly want people to cancel at this stage in order to clear the backlog :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭MiniD

I'm in a similar position. I was supposed to get mine last week but it's been pushed back to October. I've rang and emailed to complain, and will continue to do so.

It's such bad customer service. They are still taking orders and promising delivery in 6 weeks, but people who ordered weeks ago are still waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I've cancelled my M1330 order originally due 18th July, now a seperate M1210 order's delivery date has been revised twice - what is going on with Dell?
    (and don't say it's some painting or LED/LCD crap)

Dell are getting a delivery of White-Led screens 2moro morning for anyone who's interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

Oh my god, this is getting rediculous. I ordered my laptop on 16th of July thinking I would have it in time for going to college. I'm starting college next week and still not a sign of my laptop.

I thought ordering 9 weeks in advance would be time enough for dell to deliver it. This is really bad service. They also state on their website that they'll answer all emails within 24 hours. What a joke. I've emailed them a couple of times and never received any response from them.

Dell is an absolute JOKE, I wouldnt mind if they were apologetic but they arent. My delivery date is down for the 21st Sept, almost 2 weeks after i start college.

Anyone else feel like banging their head off a brick wall????

*sigh*:(

Hey,

Mine was dispatched this morning....ordered on July 5th.

So hopefully u'll have yours in the next week or 2!

After the long wait, this laptop was so worth it.

It is a fantastic Linux machine and I have absolutely everything from finger print reader to web cam working with the minimum of fuss.

Running 3d mark in Windows shows that the machine is certainly capable as a reasonable gaming machine also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Is this not the one with the 8400GS? Pretty good for older games but for the latest games its definitely not a reasonable games machine....more like a wheezing, crippled old games machine. Newest games like Bioshock only run at low settings, Medal of Honor barely runs at all...

HavoK wrote:
    Is this not the one with the 8400GS? Pretty good for older games but for the latest games its definitely not a reasonable games machine....more like a wheezing, crippled old games machine. Newest games like Bioshock only run at low settings, Medal of Honor barely runs at all...

Fair enough, i'll take your word for it. I haven't played a pc game since HL2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's great for stuff like Half Life 2 though...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

jamieh,
    Did the site update with your tracking number? Wondering when your laptop will arrive, looks like mine was shipped :)
    Can't wait now.

koneko wrote:
    jamieh,
    Did the site update with your tracking number? Wondering when your laptop will arrive, looks like mine was shipped :)
    Can't wait now.

Hey man,

Ya the status updated to despatched. I just rang Interlank and u can use the order number as your tracking number....mine will be here between 12 and 2 today..happy days!!

Did you get the white-led screen? I think that's what held mine up for so long!! .....It's really taking "good things come to those who wait" to a whole new level!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yep, also got the LED screen.
    Will update on thread when it gets here, probably tomorrow (hope so).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I hope the backlog for these things is clearing up? The website says otherwise. I'm going to put an order in for one of these soon enough but if someone could humour an idiot for a moment. I notice a big difference in price depending on if I go through the 'business' or 'home' links. 799 in business, the same specs for about a grand in 'home'? This is my first time so much as looking at dell :o I'm a little confused.

Hey all,

M1330 finally arrived today after exactly 2 months sitting, waiting, wishing!!

Haven't booted her up yet but on first impressions it looks the dogs danglee's!! :)

I opted for the black finish and it seems to paw print very easily!! Any ideas how to clean it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Sandor wrote:
    I hope the backlog for these things is clearing up? The website says otherwise. I'm going to put an order in for one of these soon enough but if someone could humour an idiot for a moment. I notice a big difference in price depending on if I go through the 'business' or 'home' links. 799 in business, the same specs for about a grand in 'home'? This is my first time so much as looking at dell :o I'm a little confused.

Are you sure you've got the VAT+delivery added to the price in Business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Ah! that seems to be what it is. There's no price difference then? :p
    They're suddenly looking more expensive, but worth it I think. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

jamieh wrote:
    Hey all,

M1330 finally arrived today after exactly 2 months sitting, waiting, wishing!!

Haven't booted her up yet but on first impressions it looks the dogs danglee's!! :)

I opted for the black finish and it seems to paw print very easily!! Any ideas how to clean it!?
    What's the noise and heat like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

i cant get into the dell website today to check my order status. hope it arrives soon

Advertisement