Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell launch thin and light XPS m1330 in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Richie6904 wrote:
    Good point but would it be possible to upgrade the supplied card on a later date

Unlikely. Even if an upgrade is available it wouldn't be easy, or cost effective to replace the gfx board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

BostonB wrote:
    Unlikely. Even if an upgrade is available it wouldn't be easy, or cost effective to replace the gfx board.

ah now that aint a good thing dont want to buy it then all of a sudden a new card is available for it, or the card in it wont be able to run any recent games

Richie6904 wrote:
    ah now that aint a good thing dont want to buy it then all of a sudden a new card is available for it, or the card in it wont be able to run any recent games

You've lost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

i mean no sooner would i buy this then dell would release the m1330 with a 256mb card or better.

i know Mbs arent everything but they do help and 128 is kinda bottom of the pile now so to be basicly to buy a laptop with no choice in the matter is kinda silly. as 128mbs will not do a lot of games justice any more
    I know its not meant to be a desktop replacement but it should at least have a 256 mb card option

Richie6904 wrote:
    i mean no sooner would i buy this then dell would release the m1330 with a 256mb card or better.

i know Mbs arent everything but they do help and 128 is kinda bottom of the pile now so to be basicly to buy a laptop with no choice in the matter is kinda silly. as 128mbs will not do a lot of games justice any more
    I know its not meant to be a desktop replacement but it should at least have a 256 mb card option

You can get 128mb gfx cards that are faster than 256mb or 512mb cards.

Assume they all have the same 256mb. The Go 8400GS in the M1330 is a low end gfx card. The 8600GT on the 1720 is faster, the 7900GS faster again, and the Go 7950 GTX in the M1710 fastest of them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

My expected delivery date has been put back from 18/7/07 to 17/8/07.

This I do not like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

My expected delivery date has been put back from 18/7/07 to 17/8/07.

This I do not like.

When did you order it?

I ordered mine on July 5th and the delivery date is July 30th.

Seemingly, there's a delay in the white-led screen! Did you order that upgrade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭20LEgend

I ordered mine on the 6th July and have a delivery date of the 31st July (with white led screen).

If they put the order back another 4 weeks they can feck off!

My order was placed on 2/7/07. Yeh, I'm getting the LED screen aswell. I feel like telling them to feck off myself.

Its a brand new model, and in demand. I'm surprised your surprised at delays. I would have have expected it.

• Advertisement

No, call me old-fashioned, but I expected delivery on the expected delivery date!!
    lol :D

Ah well, as long as it's worth the wait, it really won't bother me too much, although I am a little disappointed.

Hey all,

Has anyone received their m1330 yet?

Mine has been in Pre-Production since July 7th!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Quick question, slightly off topic i know but here goes.....

Im looking to order one of these bad boys myself and i was just wondering if they take the payment immediately from your Credit Card or do they wait and take it when the laptop ships? The only reason i ask is because i dont get paid for a couple of weeks and seeing as there is a huge delay in ordering i wanted to get mine in ASAP.

Cheers

Hey,

You pay them, then they start building it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Cheers for the reply, looks like ill be waiting the extra few weeks so!

Damn!!!

Thanks again.

Hey all,

Mine is still in pre-production and it's due for delivery on July 30th.

Would ye say I can forget about having it on July 30th at this stage or are delivery dates generally fairly accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

srdb20 wrote:
    Quick question, slightly off topic i know but here goes.....

Im looking to order one of these bad boys myself and i was just wondering if they take the payment immediately from your Credit Card or do they wait and take it when the laptop ships? The only reason i ask is because i dont get paid for a couple of weeks and seeing as there is a huge delay in ordering i wanted to get mine in ASAP.

Cheers
    I ordered one of these and a couple of desktops. The desktops have been delivered and my card has been charged. The 1330 is still in pre-production but it hasn't been charged on the card yet.

My card has been charged.

I mailed a contact I have in Dell yesterday and he looked it up on an internal system and he said it's in production and that the online order status is generally wrong! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

jamieh wrote:
    My card has been charged.

I mailed a contact I have in Dell yesterday and he looked it up on an internal system and he said it's in production and that the online order status is generally wrong! :confused:
    If thats the case then it's been wrong since I placed the order on July 11th but I still don't have it.:) The online status thing hasn't let me down yet and was bang on with the desktop order placed the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i was gonna order one of these next week but need if before August 10th, what are the chances of this?

Is the delay in delivery due to the introduction of the product?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 d_mc_a

I ordered mine on the 5th July, went into pre-production on the 6th. Estimated delivery on the 30th July. It's still in pre-production right now, 20 days later. So, they are going to have it built in 4 days and shipped out to me. Somehow I doubt it. If I get an automated 4 weeks added onto my Estimated Delivery Date on the 30th, I will cancel, the order and not be buying any more pc's from Dell, ever.....

I have a feeling thats this will happen, They know that they won't have it done by the 30th. They are trying to minimize they complaints by only letting us know of the delay as late as possible.....

d mc a:

In the same boat as you, ordered on the 6th and estimated delivery on the 31st (still in pre production).

And like you i will be cancelling the order if they decide to bump a few more weeks onto it. It shouldn't take 4+ weeks to build a laptop and deliver it to the customer!

Also they didnt charge my CC yet which seems a bit strange

My order status on the website hasn't changed from 'pre-production' since July 7th. They charged my card a couple of days ago, although their revised delivery date isn't until 17/08. I did seriously contemplate cancelling the order, but I've let it go ahead and if I'm not entirely happy with the system when it arrives, I'll be sending it back to them.

Ok, I just checked my order status again, The pre-production date has changed from 6th July to 27th July. but the status hasn't changed. Also The estimated delivery Date is now 5th September!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is completely unacceptable. Does anyone have a phone number that will get me through to a person in Dell?

Preferably Michael Dell :P

I'm in the very same boat.

Ring 01-2044014 and give out stink, that's what I'm going to do.

Let me know how you get on!

I rang up Dell Customer Services and they told me that the Estimated Delivery Date of September 5th was actually a marketing Error and that the Order will be processed long before that. I believe this is a text-book, pre-defined answer designed to stop me complaining. Could someone else please ring up and see if they get the same response. They might as well have chimp's trained to press play on a dictaphone into the Mic of the phone when a customer calls in with a problem.

I ordered on July 5th and I'm not getting it until 5th September( at least )!!!

This is actually going to work out worse than ordering an alienware from the UK!!
    Which I also will never do AGAIN....

Dell CS use's verifying your Information with them as a defense against answering your questions. I'm going to ring dell every day from today until I get my laptop, I'm going to record the conversations and post them up somewhere. I bet they will all be exactly the same responses.

Hey man,

I got talking to a guy that didn't have a textbook in front of him.

He said there's a delay with the screens, that's whats holding the whole show up. He said that out of the last 50 calls he's got regarding the m1330, 40 of them have been delivered this week, even tho the deilvery date was September.

He said september is a total worse case scenario and that the system will ship well before then!

Thats excellent if it's the truth. It's also a good strategy by Dell by sway customers back to their side. They set a crazy even though the laptops will ship within two weeks. Customers complain. Customers get there laptops within two weeks. They praise Dell for there quick response and early delivery. At least it's better than alienware's policy of "If i don't see or hear it, it's not there"

Anyone get any updates? My card has been charged today but my delivery date has been put back from 31/07/07 to 07/09/07.

Not overly impressed.

• Advertisement

I finally got in touch with a friend of a friend, (of a friend) who works the lines in Dell. They tell me that my laptop is delayed because of a shortage of hinge's. He also tells me that these hinge's will be in today actually. I don't know if this will affect my order's ETA but still, It's something. Why can't Dell let the Call Centre's in India that we get f@ckin re-directed to whenever will call them know exactly why there are delays. It's just common sense to keep the customer updated with details on there purchase. I shouldn't have to get in touch with PPL on the lines to find out what is delaying my order...

Advertisement