Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell launch thin and light XPS m1330 in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

I was also told the delay is with the lcd screens
    by the way this problem is not confined to ireland
    thousands of customers in the uk and usa are also waiting on systems
    its damn annoying when theyre about to deliver and at the last minute they add on a few more weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

delllat wrote:
    I was also told the delay is with the lcd screens
    by the way this problem is not confined to ireland
    thousands of customers in the uk and usa are also waiting on systems
    its damn annoying when theyre about to deliver and at the last minute they add on a few more weeks
    Exactly. Mine was still in pre-production and an estimated delivery of the 3rd at 1.30am this morning. Checked it again around 9.00am and it's been pushed back to the 14th.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

No, call me old-fashioned, but I expected delivery on the expected delivery date!!...

... and then theres the real world... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭20LEgend

Its now telling me that mine is in production (having been in pre-production for 5 weeks). Hopefully it is here before the (revised) estimated delivery of 6/09/07.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 d_mc_a

Mine has been in pre-production for the last 6 weeks too!! And my ETA is the 6th Sept. I wonder if my status will change to Production today too. If it does, then It must be some automated status change. I'll let you know https://checkin.ul.ie/http/0/static.boards.ie/vbulletin/images/custom/black/smilies/biggrin.gif
    :D

• Advertisement

Just as it thought, I got an email there. "Your laptop is now in production". blah blah blah. We apologize for any problems and this delay has caused. If I get it before september 5th, I'll eat my timbuk2 bag.....If it arrives...

Do reckon it is in production or its just to appease the masses that have ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

I ordered this laptop on 16th July, I have looked in the check status of order and it says my order does nolt exist. I contacted Dell twice but they just keep fobbing me off, its really annoying because I was lead to believe i'd have it in 2 weeks its been almost 3 and its not even on their system even though I have received an email with the details of my order.

So frustrating!! I wanted it for my birthday which is tomorrow :(

Just checked the tracker thing again there and my order has been dispatched by interlink today!!!!!! :eek:

That is a very unexpected surprise

Let us know if it arrives. Can I ask what were the stats of the one you ordered. It would be useful to get a thread going that contains the order date, EMEA and stats of these orders.

• Advertisement

Ordered: 06/07/07
    Estimated delivery: 31/07/07
    Revised delivery date: 06/09/07

It was dispatched on Friday via Interlink (no sign let though)

Spec:

XPS M1330 CORE 2 DUO T7100 1.80GHz,800,2M
    13.3" WXGA (1280x800) White-LED Display with TrueLife¿ (thinner, brighter & lighter)
    Tuxedo Black & 0.3 mega pixel Camera for White-LED Display
    Memory Dual-Channel 2048MB (2x1024) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Hard Drive 120GB Serial ATA (5400 RPM)
    8xDVD+/-RW Slim Slot-Load Drive, including SW
    Primary 6-cell 56WHr Li-Ion Battery
    128 MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Have ordered one of these babies, now I prepare for the wait :(

List N0713307A
    English - Vista Home Premium
    XPS M1330 CORE 2 DUO T7100 1.80GHz,800,2M
    8xDVD+/-RW Slim Slot-Load Drive, including SW
    European - Dell TrueMobile 355 internal Bluetooth Module
    13.3" WXGA (1280x800) Display with TrueLife
    Memory Dual-Channel 2048MB (2x1024) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
    Tuxedo Black & 2.0 mega pixel Camera for CCFL Display
    Primary 6-cell 56WHr Li-Ion Battery
    Biometric Fingerprint Reader
    Hard Drive 120GB Serial ATA (5400 RPM)
    NVIDIA® GeForce Go 8400M GS (128MB GDDR3)
    Intel® Pro Wireless 3945 802.11a/b/g Mini-PCI Card EUR

Ordered: 11/07/07
    Estimated delivery: 3/08/07
    Revised delivery date: 14/08/07
    Still in pre production.

I have just received it :D

My order is the exact same as you, 20LEgend, right down to the tuxedo black case. Except I ordered mine a day before yours!! My revised ETA is 5th Sept. And they tell me it's in production but the status hasn't actually changed from pre-production. The Dell build times doesn't seem to order by First Come, First Served, but actually, which Dell System Builder "get's to the box of parts first".

I imagine all the other systems builder's are massive,necks-like-treetrunks, ex-wrestler's and the person building mine is a scrawny, Woody Allen lookalike desperately scavenging for the parts these other guys drop!!!!

Even if you look at Dell's CS. There are two separate numbers, one for us "little people" and one for the companies with 200 or more employees. Dell don't seem to realize that us little people will some day be big people.

PS: On a completely separate note, that Woody Allen thing would make a good short movie!

20LEgend wrote:
    I have just received it :D
    Well, whats it like?

No movement on mine yet. My status page must have more hits than the Dell website.:D

Unfortunately with work i've not been able to mess around with it as much as i would like but first impressions are very good.
    Obvioulsly the size is great, i got the lcd screen and the picture quality is excellent.
    The installed company of heros to see what it looked like and it seems to work a treat on it too :D
    Also it came with the biometric reader (which i didnt order and wasn't charged for)

Well mine has been delayed again. The delivery date has now gone from 14/08/2007 to 26/09/2007.
    I'll be cancelling on Monday. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭markf909

My system was ordered on the 23rd July with an expected delivery date of the 15/08 (this wed).

It is of course still showing up as in preproduction so when they delay it, has anyone managed to wrangle extras out of dell for the inconvenience?

And in my case my current laptop is barely working so this new system would be nice to have.

You are lucky with that delivery date. I ordered mine 16/07 and my estimated delivery date is 21/09!!! How mad is that.

• Advertisement

lolli wrote:
    You are lucky with that delivery date. I ordered mine 16/07 and my estimated delivery date is 21/09!!! How mad is that.

It doesn't mean I will get the system on time though :(

I guess so *hugs*

I wouldn't go by the online status check. Mine has always said it's in pre-production, since I ordered it on the 5th july. If you ring up Dell, you get through to a Call Centre in India that don't have a clue what is really delaying your laptop. They keep telling me it's one thing, and the lads on in dell production, that are actually building these machine say it's something else. This better be the greatest laptop i've ever owned...

There actually catching up on Alienware's production delays. I might just cancel this and go with Acer's new U3 laptop. It basically the same sized laptop, with better stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The delay is to do with the screens.
    My EDD hasn't been delayed (yet), at the moment that means I'd get it slightly before some people here who ordered ages before me.

And right on cue, my order thingy says 27/09 now :rolleyes:

whats the number to call, i want to try and wrangle something out of the bastids for this hassle.

I believe it's 01 2044014. When you get through to the machine, just keep pressing 0. This will confuse the machine and it will pass you on to a living person(that doesn't have a clue)

koneko wrote:
    The delay is to do with the screens.
    My EDD hasn't been delayed (yet), at the moment that means I'd get it slightly before some people here who ordered ages before me.
    Don't get too excited. It will be delayed.:p
    It's partially to do with the shortage of the new LED screens but it's not only that. They're having serious problems with the painting process.

http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/08/03/23340.aspx

The only colour they say that there are no problems with is 'Tuxedo Black'. In theory, anyone that ordered 'Tuxedo Black' with the standard screen should have their systems already but they haven't. Leads me to believe that there are more problems that what they're saying.
    And right on cue, my order thingy says 27/09 now

whats the number to call, i want to try and wrangle something out of the bastids for this hassle.

The number is 01 204 4014 but unless you select business customer you're put through to India. You won't be offered any sweetners either. I'm a business customer and rang yesterday to cancel. All I got was 'No problem. I'll cancel your order straight away'. I'd say at this stage they want people to cancel to ease the backlog.

Yeah I rang them this morning, business line too and talked to a chap who couldn't do anything about anything.

My order if for the black model with the fancy screen.

the guy was saying they are trying to source screens from any supplier going, I wonder what the quality controls will be like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

markf909 wrote:
    ... the guy was saying they are trying to source screens from any supplier going, I wonder what the quality controls will be like?
    That was my worry too so I switched and got a Sony Vaio instead. With such a world wide problem, you would have to wonder whether some standards will slip as they push to force back the backlog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Looks swell but I still think the M1710 looks better even if its old now and heavier. What do you think?

M1330
    x1330_landing_1.jpg

M1710
    New_Dell_XPS_M1710_Laptop_Core_Duo_2_16G_512MB_GeForce.jpg
    If I could afford either, I'd probably have to get the 1330 though for its brand spanking new-ishness

Advertisement