Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal policitcal policy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

Heres a thought: if your proposed prison system starts to become unsustainable (most likely! :p) you can just harvest and sell the organs of the inmates to make ends meet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

When you say things like
    Dermo88 you are a blind fool.
    You come across as someone aspiring to Bond villainhood. As others have pointed out your 'policies' are all extremely right wing, and have been tried and failed in other countries throughout the years. You may be in the middle of a Masters degree but you certainly come across like a kid who knows nothing of life and the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Dermo88 you are a blind fool. I am not a racist as I have already stated. Also I am not in 6th class; I’m half way through a master’s degree in fact. I’m sick of the way our country is going. Take drugs for example, its spineless fools such as you that advocate the softly approach of counseling ect..., the fact is this doesn’t work. My parents gave me the evils of alcohol chat when I was a kid, did it stop me drinking?No,however if my dad had the sense to show me a 2 by 4 and say "listen son if I've find you drunk I'll knock the bejajsus out of you with this" then I probably wouldn't have touched the stuff until I was 18.Anyways the same is true of drugs: if you come down hard enough on people for long enough they will get the idea and be too scared to touch the stuff. I’m not claiming that I would completely eradicate drug abuse but I'm sure I could reduce their use by up to 90%.

as has already been mentioned, possessing drugs carries a death sentence in some countries and yet they're freely available. enforcement doesn't work

you see this is the problem with your philosophy. every radical right wing government has had to brutalise people to make them behave "the right way" because they're essentially forcing their morality on people who don't believe the same things they do. an effective leader doesn't lead through fear.

this is because it has been shown billions of times that leading through fear doesn't work. if people didn't do things because they were afraid of the consequences no one would ever get into a car in case it crashed. "it'll never happen to me" is ingrained into our consciousness. it has to be because otherwise we'd never get anything done.

people are told that drugs can kill them and they do them anyway. giving a death sentence to people caught with drugs gives them just one more way the drugs can kill them. what makes you think the threat of getting caught will affect them more than the much more real threat of an overdose and instant death?

heroin destroys people's lives. they live on the streets. they become prostitutes. they use aids infected needles. they rob grannies and kill people for a few euro. and yet you think a potential death sentence will suddenly make them throw the needles away and become an upstanding member of society? you're living in a fantasy land
    DarkJager, I am living life it just doesn’t involve consuming or dealing class a drugs. I really pity you if your view on life has been so twisted that you consider living life to involve consuming cocaine,heroin,LSD ect...
    what if he pitied you for being too narrow minded never to try them?

what if he was in charge?

what if he made it illegal not to do drugs?

and now you see the problem with one man forcing his beliefs on a whole country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭oneeyedsnake

heroin destroys people's lives. they live on the streets. they become prostitutes. they use aids infected needles. they rob grannies and kill people for a few euro. and yet you think a potential death sentence will suddenly make them throw the needles away and become an upstanding member of society? you're living in a fantasy land

No it probably won't but it would be a great way of getting rid of them.

what if he pitied you for being too narrow minded never to try them?

Narrow minded? I suppose that I'm also being narrow minded when I don't eat raw chicken or my dogs faces? I don't try them because there is a good chance that they will decrease my life expectancy and/or quality of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

2.No more homless.No Irish man or woman would be homless,not one assylum seeker would be given a bed until every Irish man or woman was offered one.

4.Assylum seekers/forgeiners will be deported on their first criminal offence without the right to appeal.

7.No marraige rights for homosexuals.

17.Racism=5 years in prison
    The ironing is delicious.

Are you a troll, thick, or one of those boys from Stormfront*?

* Not mutually exclusive.

• Advertisement

so you're implementing hitler's final solution then. i see

Narrow minded? I suppose that I'm also being narrow minded when I don't eat raw chicken or my dogs faces? I don't try them because there is a good chance that they will decrease my life expectancy and/or quality of life.
    you're missing the point. i'm not saying it is narrow minded, i'm asking you to imagine a situation where he believes it's narrow minded and he's in a position to force his beliefs on you

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

OP, what you've described is a Nazi state run by fear and oppression where people that don't go along with your view of the world are killed. I think if anyone like you ever got into power I would definitely have to join up in the ol rebellion. It's shocking that you can have such little compassion for your fellow human being but I'm assuming this is just a wind up.

Nothing you've talked about helps people at all, other than pie in the sky things like free health care for everyone. You've said nothing that improves community (which would go along way to putting a stop to modern anti-social behaviour).
    if you come down hard enough on people for long enough they will get the idea and be too scared to touch the stuff. I’m not claiming that I would completely eradicate drug abuse but I'm sure I could reduce their use by up to 90%.
    Iran used to come down very hard on Heroin users ( they where on the heroin trail so had large amounts of users) I think they where beheaded. They found this didn't work and now have the worlds best heroin treatment program helping these people turns them back into valuable contributing citizens instead of gravestones. Heroin users don't give two ****s about the world around them, telling them your going to kill them won't make a blind bit of difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Who are you to decide that they should be disposed of? What gives you the right to make this decision? You're just another person. Perhaps there's someone out there who thinks that we should "get rid" of people who are anti-abortion. They have an equal right to have themselves heard as you do. Would you like them to be in power?
    Although we're getting slightly off-topic, it shows huge naivety to assume that trying an illegal substance will decrease your life expectancy and quality of life.

If alcohol was banned tomorrow, would you say the same thing about your pint of Guinness?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

16.Increase minimum wage to 8 e/hr
    this has prob beeen said in the pages before but not bothered reading them, the minimum wage is already 8.30 an hour (8.65 as of Sunday,1st july)

seamus wrote:

Although we're getting slightly off-topic, it shows huge naivety to assume that trying an illegal substance will decrease your life expectancy and quality of life.

There are substances that have been documented to lead to suicide after just one dose, everyone has heard of ecstasy users dieing from just one table, crack cocaine addicts often become addicted after just one dose such is the intensity of the high, the list goes on. In short you are wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

On one hand you want to 'get rid of' anyone who disagrees with your policies, on the other you are anti abortion. What do you think gives you (or anyone) the right to dictate who should live and who should die?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There are substances that have been documented to lead to suicide after just one dose
    Such as?
    everyone has heard of ecstasy users dieing from just one table
    And everyone has heard of the guy who never got on a plane in his life and then tragically died when it crashed. Although the details are never released, you can be sure that it wasn't MDMA that those "one-timers" took, rather a mixture of many more toxic chemicals. Hundreds of thousands of ecstasy tablets are taken in this country each weekend. When's the last time you heard of an Irish person dying from taking it?
    By contrast, when's the last time an Irish person died from alcohol poisoning?
    crack cocaine addicts often become addicted after just one dose such is the intensity of the high
    Cocaine is a particularly addictive drug, though reports of addiction after a single hit are usually off-the-cuff, or pure media FUD. I would theorise that people who become "addicted" after one hit are already addicted to other narcotics (thereby transferring their addiction), or are predisposed to addiction.
    Of course you would be equally naive to just go try a drug without reading up on its effects.

The poster's point that brought us onto this is that most of what you say about drugs is just your opinion, like most of what I'm saying is just my opinion and most of what everyone else is saying is just their opinion. What you're proposing is forcing your opinions (not just about drugs) onto society. How would you like me to force my opinions on you?

OT: Interestingly nicotine has been found in a number of studies to be more addictive than any street narcotics, mainly due to refinement by the tobacco companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

my dogs faces
    :confused:
    everyone has heard of ecstasy users dieing from just one table, crack cocaine addicts often become addicted after just one dose such is the intensity of the high, the list goes on. In short you are wrong.
    Or even shorter again, you're wrong. We've all heard the stories of people dieing after one E. Just like the stories of people getting abducted by aliens, or dogs with multiple faces or WIFI units that eat babies. There's always a story but never any proof.
    There are substances that have been documented to lead to suicide after just one dose
    One would have thought you'd be in favour of such substances as it would sort out all the junkies for you, meaning you wouldn't have to bother executing them or throwing them in jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Name them. I've done nearly every substance under the sun (excluding heroin and crack) and I haven't committed suicide yet. You are wrong.
    everyone has heard of ecstasy users dieing from just one table

Everybody has heard the media spook stories about ecstasy. Truth is, all "ecstasy" related deaths had nothing to do wih the drug itself, they were caused by Water Intoxication (look it up when you do some real research into drugs). Again, you are wrong.
    DarkJager, I am living life it just doesn’t involve consuming or dealing class a drugs. I really pity you if your view on life has been so twisted that you consider living life to involve consuming cocaine,heroin,LSD ect...

Did I say anything about life revolving around drugs?? No. I like to smoke weed (its much better than alcohol and less dangerous), and I may take ecstasy on the very odd weekend to increase my enjoyment, but by no means does life revolve around them. You're obviously a very gullible person as you read like a guide to the dangers of drugs, written by someone who's never even ****ing touched them. I'm not saying you should try them, but don't be so narrow minded that you believe your way of thinking is the right one.

MDMA (ecstasy), was used in research into helping victims of childhood trauma or other violent experiences. In the research they found that subjects who were given MDMA, were able to move on from the traumatic experiences and begin to live a normal life. Doesn't sound too bad does it?

Marijuana is used as a medical aid in Canada, to help people suffering from eating disorders such as anorexia. A side effect of marijuana, is that it makes you feel hungry, thus its benefits to sufferers of the above. Again, doesn't sound so evil does it?

To be honest, I feel sorry for you. You're a victim of "Old Ireland", where everything thats even remotely taboo is "evil" and should be wiped out. Before you start berating the things some people enjoy, you should really do a bit of research into it and make up your own mind then. Read the positive and negatives, then come back with an informed answer. Not some ****ing copy and paste job from TalktoFrank.

There are substances that have been documented to lead to suicide after just one dose,
    examples.....
    everyone has heard of ecstasy users dieing from just one table,
    i seen the loch ness monster i swear.

these deaths are almost invariably due to tablets being laced with rat poison etc. or for example heroin users who get a batch thats stronger than normal and over dose. both of those cases are arguments for legalisation and regulation rather than death sentences

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

(all death sentence would be carried out with 1 hour of sentencing by public hanging out side the court house)

Wow. just wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭poker_face

I just read through some of this thread and I actually laughed out loud for alot of it. I can only assume that the OP is taking the piss because the more he types the worst he's looking. I'd be afraid for our education system if someone like the OP is really half the way through a master's cos quite frankly OP, you're coming across as fairly stupid and very stubborn.

It's almost as if he's been brainwashed or something because he doesn't seem to be even considering anyone else's viewpoint.

poker_face wrote:
    he doesn't seem to be even considering anyone else's viewpoint.
    well if he did that he wouldn't be a radical right wing nut job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

He's not radical, he's not right wing, and he's not clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Jumping in a bit late here I know, but I think some of your policies are quite good, but I wouldnt agree with some of them.

Unfortuntly, us internet folk arent exactly going to be top runners in any campaigns coming up :) I was thinking of setting up a website with my own policies to get a reaction, but I doubt the public would be very appreciative of them. Anywho, allow me to entertain you.

1: Codename "Travellers rights my hole";
    Enforce gardaí to take a much stricter stance on our travelling community, when it comes to them not insuring their cars,vans etc etc. If their van is on the side of the road, and they dont have any permission to be there, they can feck off. When it comes to haulting sites etc etc, I'd leave them there. Better to keep them in a concentrated area where you can keep an eye on them, rather than dispersed/roaming the streets etc.

2: Codename "Drink and Drugs";
    I smoke myself, and to be honest I enjoy it. And I'd never outlaw cigarettes - not for pleasure reasons, but for tax reasons. Because lets be honest, us smokers have probably paid for a couple of good roads by now. I'd increase the pricing of cigarettes though - not to €20, of course. I'd also avoid the "gruadual shift" of cigarette pricing, ala 20c this month, another 40c in 2 months etc etc. For those "thinking" about giving up, a steep sudden increase might just give them a nudge towards that. I'd call €9 a stopping point on cigarettes. Any higher and we're just asking for imported cigarettes being sold at the side of the street.

Secondly, here comes the religious fanatics - legalising cannabis. I'd be fairly strict on it though. Before I go on, I dont smoke hash. I never really enjoyed it. Firstly, it wouldnt be the soapbar ****e you'd find in Ireland. I'd prefer selling them as pre-rolled, to over 21's only, with a decent bit of tax thrown on. In fairness, the hash problem of Ireland will never be solved - and Im sorry OP, but nobody would support 5 year sentances for carrying a small amount of hash. Its far too strict for Joe Soap just looking to relax a bit in the evening. Instead of paying for a couple of guns in columbia, why not use that money to build a new hospital, or a road?

3; Codename "Operation Get in line or Get out".
    This policy is quite similar to OP's. Asylum seekers breaking the law should be immediatly deported. Secondly, any asylum seeker having a child in Ireland will not be granted asylum, nor child support. If you are confident enough in having a child, you should be paid well enough to support both yourself and your offspring.

Once again, you will not be offered a home while there are Irish homeless on the street.

4; Codename "Work."
    The maximum amount of time you can remain on the dole is 4 months, bar say, the handicapped etc. After this, you will no longer be supported by the government. It is required that you have worked a minimum of one year(@32+ hrs a week) before you have any eligability for government support.

5; Codename "Pay the Price"
    As OP said, more jails, tougher sentances. Secondly, less-serious offenders who are serving sentances, will also be required to work manual labour - i.e; litter picking, laying roads (supervised, of course) etc etc. This will provide for a cheap work force, getting a little money back out of the amount it costs to keep them locked up.

I support the death penalty in very few cases. Mainly because there is always a chance of sending an innocent man to his death. Because of this, I would not condone it. Sentances should be made longer though. Drink driving causing a death will always be trialed as a murder. Manslaughter is out of question. As far as ASBO's go, community service. Possibly creative punishments here - ala, if youre caught spraypainting a wall, you'll be cleaning walls around the country for the next month :)

6; Abortions legalised.
    Im not for abortions - but if someone wants one, England isnt a very long trip away. I'd rather the money went into our own pockets than into a foreign country.

There's plenty of things that I'd like to continue on with, but I suspect that those of you who managed to read this far into the post - and congrats to those of you that did - are now very bored :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

Hello again oneeyedsnake.

Thanks Tellox for that post. Thats HOW oneeyedsnake could have expressed himself, but he is sadly, unable to. Thats reasoned argument, and it looks well thought out and considered.

You referred to me as a "blind fool", you also inform us that you are "halfway through a masters degree" and then refer to me as a "spineless fool". You then wish that you Father attacked you with a 2 x 4 in oder to prevent you from drinking alcohol before you were 18.

Your spelling and grammar are diabolical.

Your interpersonal skills leave much to be desired.

You have no tolerance, you would turn Ireland into a police state, and as for legalising abortion, your continued existence is one reason to legalise abortion, despite my personal revulsion with abortions. For anyone to consider some of the inhuman policies, such as public executions, that indicates a warped mind.

You insulted me, but I do not take offence. I look at you as a small insignificant insect of a man, who will be hit by the flyswat of reality upon leaving college. You are being driven around in Daddys mercedes, and hidden in some multi million euro palace from the realities of life. Instead of your parents helping you with your English grammar, they were out working or having pointless insignificant social lives. You now make up for this neglect with mental masturbation on a keyboard. The result are occasional right wing nocturnal ejaculations, for which you are rapidly becoming notorious.

I suggest you get off this forum for your own sake, or get a new identity. May I suggest Sheridan Bucket (pronounced Bouquet).

You have not got the eloquence to express yourself in a rational and coherent manner, and other posters, who were stoned, drunk, or both managed to discredit you.

You expect to get a masters degree when you are sober, and you have to limp around with a chip that size on your shoulders. Get over it, there are no surgical procedures to deal with chips that size. If you dislike Ireland and the good and bad people in it so much, go to Singapore or Saudi Arabia, but you'd have problems in Singapore, the immigration officer would look at you, and stamp REJECT in your passport upon looking at you, but Daddy could always fix that. You could then go to Geylang and make love to the cleanest prostitutes in Asia. But you'd die of a heart attack on being fellated. Poor thing, bless.

Or Saudi Arabia, where there are no homosexuals, public executions, and everything is perfect. Alcohol is made using a Pineapple, Sugar, and Bread (Remember that, it WILL be useful). You'll have to get a circumcision, which means no masturbation for 6 weeks, and convert to Islam. Remember to wear a Burkha, or you'll scare the natives, who are, naturally, inferior to you.

Your probably so ugly that you would not score in a darkroom of a gay sauna, which is a good reason for resenting homosexuals, or do you have something to hide?

No wonder you are pissed off. You are blaming smokers, refugees, immigrants, asylum seekers, and the unemployed for Irelands problems.

You've been good entertainment, but you have made an idiot of yourself.

I apologise to any other posters and moderators, other than oneeyedsnake for any offence I may cause.

DarkJager wrote:
    he's suggesting executing up to 50% of our population including brian cowen (he was the one who admitted smoking hash right?). you say he's not radical but he's hardly moderate

dermo88 wrote:
    Hello again oneeyedsnake.

Thanks Tellox for that post. Thats HOW oneeyedsnake could have expressed himself, but he is sadly, unable to. Thats reasoned argument, and it looks well thought out and considered.

You referred to me as a "blind fool", you also inform us that you are "halfway through a masters degree" and then refer to me as a "spineless fool". You then wish that you Father attacked you with a 2 x 4 in oder to prevent you from drinking alcohol before you were 18.

Your spelling and grammar are diabolical.

Your interpersonal skills leave much to be desired.

You have no tolerance, you would turn Ireland into a police state, and as for legalising abortion, your continued existence is one reason to legalise abortion, despite my personal revulsion with abortions. For anyone to consider some of the inhuman policies, such as public executions, that indicates a warped mind.

You insulted me, but I do not take offence. I look at you as a small insignificant insect of a man, who will be hit by the flyswat of reality upon leaving college. You are being driven around in Daddys mercedes, and hidden in some multi million euro palace from the realities of life. Instead of your parents helping you with your English grammar, they were out working or having pointless insignificant social lives. You now make up for this neglect with mental masturbation on a keyboard. The result are occasional right wing nocturnal ejaculations, for which you are rapidly becoming notorious.

I suggest you get off this forum for your own sake, or get a new identity. May I suggest Sheridan Bucket (pronounced Bouquet).

You have not got the eloquence to express yourself in a rational and coherent manner, and other posters, who were stoned, drunk, or both managed to discredit you.

You expect to get a masters degree when you are sober, and you have to limp around with a chip that size on your shoulders. Get over it, there are no surgical procedures to deal with chips that size. If you dislike Ireland and the good and bad people in it so much, go to Singapore or Saudi Arabia, but you'd have problems in Singapore, the immigration officer would look at you, and stamp REJECT in your passport upon looking at you, but Daddy could always fix that. You could then go to Geylang and make love to the cleanest prostitutes in Asia. But you'd die of a heart attack on being fellated. Poor thing, bless.

Or Saudi Arabia, where there are no homosexuals, public executions, and everything is perfect. Alcohol is made using a Pineapple, Sugar, and Bread (Remember that, it WILL be useful). You'll have to get a circumcision, which means no masturbation for 6 weeks, and convert to Islam. Remember to wear a Burkha, or you'll scare the natives, who are, naturally, inferior to you.

Your probably so ugly that you would not score in a darkroom of a gay sauna, which is a good reason for resenting homosexuals, or do you have something to hide?

No wonder you are pissed off. You are blaming smokers, refugees, immigrants, asylum seekers, and the unemployed for Irelands problems.

You've been good entertainment, but you have made an idiot of yourself.

I apologise to any other posters and moderators, other than oneeyedsnake for any offence I may cause.

Dermo88 you obviously have something against me, from post one you have been resorting to petty personal insults. I am not offended by these: I have been called worse in the past and will probably be called worse in the future; thankfully I possess the self esteem to allow me to ignore these insults. I assume you are holding back considerably when you address me, either that or you are a rather dull individual. Also now that I have finally gotten through to you that I am no racist and have no affiliation with storm front. I would like to point out to you that I am no rich boy. I certainly don't live in a palace, my father doesn’t drive a merc or anything or the sort, and in all fairness what middle aged middle class social lives amount to anything more than "pointless insignificant social lives" apart from yours of course! You are right however when you say my grammar and spelling is awful however I don't apologize and don't really care. I simply don't put any effort into my grammar while posting on these forums, besides I have written enough first class honours essays in the past few years to allow myself the occasional blupper on boards.ie. I can understand that you don't agree with me on all if any of my points and I accept that. I realise that I am not everyone's cup of tea: I don't expect to be. I have to admit that I was using this board as a sounding board (pardon the pun) for my most extreme set of policies and in the next few days I will be drawing up a modified list so stay tuned. I originally planned to write some pretty harsh comments about you dermo88 but have decided against as you are simply not worth the effort.

Tellox wrote:
    Enforce gardaí to take a much stricter stance on our travelling community, when it comes to them not insuring their cars,vans etc etc. If their van is on the side of the road, and they dont have any permission to be there, they can feck off.

I'd be happy if the law was applied equally to all citizens in this regard. I've often considered getting a few mates together and setting up camp in the local / green space where we could partake in some illegal dumping - just to see how long we'd get away with it before being forcibly removed and locked up.
    Tellox wrote:
    When it comes to haulting sites etc etc, I'd leave them there. Better to keep them in a concentrated area where you can keep an eye on them, rather than dispersed/roaming the streets etc.

Hitler had similiar ideas for the German Travelling community amongst many other groups..

Tellox wrote:
    Jumping in a bit late here I know, but I think some of your policies are quite good, but I wouldnt agree with some of them.

Unfortuntly, us internet folk arent exactly going to be top runners in any campaigns coming up :) I was thinking of setting up a website with my own policies to get a reaction, but I doubt the public would be very appreciative of them. Anywho, allow me to entertain you.

1: Codename "Travellers rights my hole";
    Enforce gardaí to take a much stricter stance on our travelling community, when it comes to them not insuring their cars,vans etc etc. If their van is on the side of the road, and they dont have any permission to be there, they can feck off. When it comes to haulting sites etc etc, I'd leave them there. Better to keep them in a concentrated area where you can keep an eye on them, rather than dispersed/roaming the streets etc.

2: Codename "Drink and Drugs";
    I smoke myself, and to be honest I enjoy it. And I'd never outlaw cigarettes - not for pleasure reasons, but for tax reasons. Because lets be honest, us smokers have probably paid for a couple of good roads by now. I'd increase the pricing of cigarettes though - not to €20, of course. I'd also avoid the "gruadual shift" of cigarette pricing, ala 20c this month, another 40c in 2 months etc etc. For those "thinking" about giving up, a steep sudden increase might just give them a nudge towards that. I'd call €9 a stopping point on cigarettes. Any higher and we're just asking for imported cigarettes being sold at the side of the street.

Secondly, here comes the religious fanatics - legalising cannabis. I'd be fairly strict on it though. Before I go on, I dont smoke hash. I never really enjoyed it. Firstly, it wouldnt be the soapbar ****e you'd find in Ireland. I'd prefer selling them as pre-rolled, to over 21's only, with a decent bit of tax thrown on. In fairness, the hash problem of Ireland will never be solved - and Im sorry OP, but nobody would support 5 year sentances for carrying a small amount of hash. Its far too strict for Joe Soap just looking to relax a bit in the evening. Instead of paying for a couple of guns in columbia, why not use that money to build a new hospital, or a road?

3; Codename "Operation Get in line or Get out".
    This policy is quite similar to OP's. Asylum seekers breaking the law should be immediatly deported. Secondly, any asylum seeker having a child in Ireland will not be granted asylum, nor child support. If you are confident enough in having a child, you should be paid well enough to support both yourself and your offspring.

Once again, you will not be offered a home while there are Irish homeless on the street.

4; Codename "Work."
    The maximum amount of time you can remain on the dole is 4 months, bar say, the handicapped etc. After this, you will no longer be supported by the government. It is required that you have worked a minimum of one year(@32+ hrs a week) before you have any eligability for government support.

5; Codename "Pay the Price"
    As OP said, more jails, tougher sentances. Secondly, less-serious offenders who are serving sentances, will also be required to work manual labour - i.e; litter picking, laying roads (supervised, of course) etc etc. This will provide for a cheap work force, getting a little money back out of the amount it costs to keep them locked up.

I support the death penalty in very few cases. Mainly because there is always a chance of sending an innocent man to his death. Because of this, I would not condone it. Sentances should be made longer though. Drink driving causing a death will always be trialed as a murder. Manslaughter is out of question. As far as ASBO's go, community service. Possibly creative punishments here - ala, if youre caught spraypainting a wall, you'll be cleaning walls around the country for the next month :)

6; Abortions legalised.
    Im not for abortions - but if someone wants one, England isnt a very long trip away. I'd rather the money went into our own pockets than into a foreign country.

There's plenty of things that I'd like to continue on with, but I suspect that those of you who managed to read this far into the post - and congrats to those of you that did - are now very bored :)

Thanks for the support.I agree with most of this except point 6,only in cases of pregnacy resulting from rape would an abortion be considered.Abortion are vial,evil procedures where and unborn child is murdered,anyone who has had an abortion is a murder,a scumbag baby killer.

DarkJager wrote:

In fairness I am pretty radical.I don't really consider myself right wing.I suppose I haven't come across as the brightest spark during this thread,but I'm clever enough to realise that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

26.The end of pointless figuer head positions.No morre presidents,as money is alocated to public transport and education the end of of these pointless positions would free up money.

Can you expand on this one?
    Despite the poor spelling, I think you want to abolish the the role of the President.
    I've never heard of a Republic without a President, maybe it's possible but I've never heard of an example. Are you planning to abolish the republic?

You've some good points but this one wasn't in your original post.
    And if you want to free up money for education and transport, maybe you should concentrate in taking on the all powerful unions and not get rid of the Presidency

Edit: I'm no spelling nazi. But you've posted in another post that you don't care about grammer. Fair enough but it doesn't make it easy for us so maybe we'll all loose interest and not be bothered with your posts. It works two ways

oneeyedsnake:

Under your proposals, a pregnant woman found guilty of supplying cannabis would face the death penalty within the hour. As a result, the woman's pregnancy would be terminated, killing her unborn child. But, hang on, aren't you against abortion?

Maybe you should think about the far reaching consequences before suggesting policies which determine whether someone lives or dies.

QUOTE=DarkJager]Name them... You are wrong.[/QUOTE]

No I'm afraid I'm correct.Ipomea viloacea seeds contain a lysergic acid derivative in the seeds (ergine),when the seeds are ground up and eaten they have LSD like effects. In one documented case after one dose the user experienced persistent psychosis which lead to his suicide.Thats all I can remember from what I read,if you want further information I would be happy post a reference tomorrow.

DarkJager wrote:
    Everybody has heard the media spook stories about ecstasy. Truth is, all "ecstasy" related deaths had nothing to do with the drug itself, they were caused by Water Intoxication (look it up when you do some real research into drugs). Again, you are wrong.

I am aware that some deaths are due to water intoxication (which leads to the brain swelling which in turn leads to various complications resulting in brain damage and sometimes death) but not all. Allot of ecstasy deaths are due to hypothermia which leads to kidney and heart failiour.So it’s a catch 22 situation isn't it? Your ill informed drivel would lead the average idiot to believe "I'll be alright as long as I don't drink water”. So as their body temperature soars they think they'll be okay as long as they don't over do it on the water until their heart stops. I have been told that that all ecstasy deaths are as result of an allergic reaction, however it was an ecstasy dealer that told me this so it was probably bull, might have been the same guy that told you all deaths result from water intoxication. Also 7% of Caucasians have a mutation in the gene that codes the isoenzyme that metabolizes MDMA which leaves ~7% of the population with a greater likelihood of experiencing the side effects. It’s also true that ecstasy batches can be laced with other toxic substances to act as diluents ect which could leas to the death of the unfortunate drug user: all the more reason to be careful. We are dealing with the drug as a whole not just its active constituent so it dosen’t matter whether its MDMA that causes the death or the excipients used in the tablets manufacture.

DarkJager wrote:
    MDMA (ecstasy), was used in research into helping victims of childhood trauma or other violent experiences. In the research they found that subjects who were given MDMA, were able to move on from the traumatic experiences and begin to live a normal life. Doesn't sound too bad does it?

Yes it was also used by marriage counselors and gained the nickname "the love drug”. These are the clinical uses, they should have no bearing on social uses. You fail to mention that it was withdrawn from use. The drug would have been in completely pure from and only used under medical supervision. Cyclophosphamide is a great drug so why don't you take some next Saturday?
    DarkJager wrote:
    Marijuana is used as a medical aid in Canada, to help people suffering from eating disorders such as anorexia. A side effect of marijuana, is that it makes you feel hungry, thus its benefits to sufferers of the above. Again, doesn't sound so evil does it?.

Yes there are a number of canabinoid preparations available that use both synthetic THC and botanical extracts. It also used in the States, Mexico, and Spain. Heroin is used as a pain killer in late stage cancer patients, amphetamine is used an appetite suppressant, cocaine is used by dentists as a local anesthetic, and the list goes on and on. I Don’t understand your point though, of course some class a, b and c drugs have clinical uses, so what? That doesn’t automatically mean is okay for every to dick and Harry can self administer the street grade junk as they feel appropriate.
    DarkJager wrote:
    To be honest, I feel sorry for you.

The feeling is mutual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

Dermo88 you obviously have something against me, from post one you have been resorting to petty personal insults.

I most certainly do have something against your views. I hope its not a reflection of your persona in public. I suspect that in the setting of a Pub, with a few pints, you are, quite likely, an honourable, interesting and upstanding member of the community. However, your internet persona is pretty scary.

I am not offended by these: I have been called worse in the past and will probably be called worse in the future; thankfully I possess the self esteem to allow me to ignore these insults. I assume you are holding back considerably when you address me, either that or you are a rather dull individual.

No problem in that whatsoever. This is merely a clash of egos and personalities. A battle where the pen is mightier than the sword.

On being dull, how can a homosexual rail enthusiast International traveller who likes fast cars, debates, clubbing, good food, cooking, fashion, music, politics, alcohol and the occasional spliff possibly be dull. Theres more to me than that, and I am sure that theres a lot more to you.

Also now that I have finally gotten through to you that I am no racist and have no affiliation with storm front. I would like to point out to you that I am no rich boy. I certainly don't live in a palace, my father doesn’t drive a merc or anything or the sort, and in all fairness what middle aged middle class social lives amount to anything more than "pointless insignificant social lives" apart from yours of course!

Good, admittedly I was taking the piss. I admit to being cruel. I don't expect to be forgiven though.

You are right however when you say my grammar and spelling is awful however I don't apologize and don't really care. I simply don't put any effort into my grammar while posting on these forums, besides I have written enough first class honours essays in the past few years to allow myself the occasional blupper on boards.ie.

If your spelling and grammar are awful, thats fine. Its just a weakness I use to tackle you in a debate. But I suspect that your ability with numbers and other fields would leave me in the dust.

I can understand that you don't agree with me on all if any of my points and I accept that. I realise that I am not everyone's cup of tea: I don't expect to be. I have to admit that I was using this board as a sounding board (pardon the pun) for my most extreme set of policies and in the next few days I will be drawing up a modified list so stay tuned.

Look forward to that. A small tip. Do a cause and effect analysis of these. Politics and political policy is rarely decided by one man. As a nation of 4 Million people, we are regarded as a beacon to the new nations in the European Union. Its taken 90 years since the 1916 rising to forge the nation. Granted, its not what everybody wants, but that is the nature of democracy, and the free market. Noone to date has come up with a better system.

I originally planned to write some pretty harsh comments about you dermo88 but have decided against as you are simply not worth the effort.

Be my guest. I have put my foot in it. I'll admit when I am wrong. I am living proof that a computer, Internet connection and a whiskey bottle are a lethal mix, designed to annoy moderators and the public alike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement