Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris Hilton in Police car Waaaaaaaa!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

zuutroy wrote:
    "She does in her hole. She hopes that she's on the E-channel 24/7 and that they're discussing her latest dress at the G8 summit. Media whore.
    That conclusion can clearly be derived from the fact that she's asked them not to cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Binomate wrote:
    That conclusion can clearly be derived from the fact that she's asked them not to cover it.

Oh she said it? Then it must be true. She is the shining beacon of the old Oscar Wilde quote: "The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 IrishToffees

is there any chance of the death penalty I wonder?

zuutroy wrote:
    Oh she said it? Then it must be true. She is the shining beacon of the old Oscar Wilde quote: "The only thing worse than being talked about, is not being talked about".
    She says one thing, you assumed the exact opposite. Regardless of whether what she said is true or not, since all you have done is assumed with out any real argument to back your assumption up, your assumption doesn't really hold water.

How about this. Your prove she is lying and that she actually secretly meant that she wants this story to be covered when she said "cover more important things".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

So Glad wrote:
    Heh, some days it must be nice being a cop in LA.

So Paris goes down for the 2nd time. Bet she never saw that coming.

<end pun mode>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Binomate wrote:
    Entering this thread seriously for the first time ever, let's take a look at the surrounding facts. The average sentence for people who commit the same offence as Paris Hilton in the same county is 2 days. Paris got 45 days. The average time served in prison for the same offence as Paris Hilton in the same county is 6 hours. Paris did 3 days. I'll quote one of the best in the business on this.
    Would the average person in her position have a series of driving offences under their belt that went unpunished?

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Would the average person in her position have a series of driving offences under their belt that went unpunished?
    In America, it really wouldn't surprise me if the answer was yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

thrill wrote:
    But just because I would then be rich does not make me successful, Which
    was my point.

Well one definition of being successful is having attained wealth. She has done this. It doesn't matter if she also has money given to her by her parents. She wanted to be in movies and she achieved that goal. She wanted her own TV show, The Simple Life. How many seasons of that has there been? Usually if a TV show isn't successful then another season doesn't get commisioned. She has done countless magazine shoots around the world. She is successful. You might not agree with the way she has become successful or how she portrays herself. You certainly don't have to like or respect her as a person. But your statement that she is not successful is not true. FACT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Its all in the name of entertainment TBH, after she's released she'll have a book out and some ****wit might get a film out of it. She's clearly a media whore ****wit.

stepbar wrote:
    Its all in the name of entertainment TBH, after she's released she'll have a book out and some ****wit might get a film out of it. She's clearly a media whore ****wit.
    We all know how much celebrities and cam whores love prison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

FX Meister wrote:
    But your statement that she is not successful is not true. FACT
    Your wrong. It's not a fact.

It does, in fact, all depend on what she wants to be successful at.

Paris Hilton doesn't need wealth. She craves attention and wants to be taken seriously by the media at what she does. In that she has been incredibly unsuccessful.

She has ended up the laughing stock of the worldwide press.

I'm sure she'll use her jail time to get herself on the front pages once she gets released and the ratings of her show will rocket because of it, but she'll end up being the butt of peoples jokes, which is the last thing she probably ever wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Xylem

TBH, people disliked her because she F**ked her way to fame, which to some people means success.

But, people hated her, when they realised the idiot whore thing, was not just an act to gain celebrity*

*I'm talking about the Youtube video of her singing "fat ugly jewish bitch, ******"*.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i think people need to take a step back here
    sure paris is a talentless wate of rich pretty space but her sentence is extremly harsh based on the crime she commited
    the judge in this case has most definatly attempted to make an example of paris and a name for himself , the sheriff who released paris was pretty damming in his comments towards the judge , he doesnt need this crap ,
    in this country , when you are sentenced to 45 days in prison for a relatively speaking minor offence , you almost never do the full amount of time haded down
    as in paris case , you would usually only do a few days as the space is needed for other convicts
    the judge in question here decided to indulge whatever judge dredd kind of fetish he has , that the worlds media spotlight was on him only added to his hunger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

It's amazing how much hate people have for each other...it's really shocking. I'm no hippy but it's just saddening to hear the language coming out of people to describe her when all she is is just another human being, just like the rest of us.

I'm not a fan of hers, but I don't hate her either. It would be so much better if people focussed that hatred on someone who deserves it. There's a lot of scum out there but Paris Hilton is not one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

irish_bob wrote:
    i think people need to take a step back here
    sure paris is a talentless wate of rich pretty space but her sentence is extremly harsh based on the crime she commited
    the judge in this case has most definatly attempted to make an example of paris and a name for himself , the sheriff who released paris was pretty damming in his comments towards the judge , he doesnt need this crap ,
    in this country , when you are sentenced to 45 days in prison for a relatively speaking minor offence , you almost never do the full amount of time haded down
    as in paris case , you would usually only do a few days as the space is needed for other convicts
    the judge in question here decided to indulge whatever judge dredd kind of fetish he has , that the worlds media spotlight was on him only added to his hunger

*sigh* Not another one......ok......I'll go through this again.

Here is what she has done:
    Offenses wrote:
    In June of 2006, she knowingly backed into a parked car and then sped away, in full view of the paparazzi. This is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 6 months in jail. Paris was never charged.

In September of 2006 she was arrested for driving under the influence and driving with a blood-alcohol level of .08 or higher. In January, Hilton pleaded no contest to those charges and was sentenced to 36 months probation, her drivers license was suspended and she was ordered to enroll in an alcohol education program within 21 days. She never enrolled in the program and she was photographed driving her Bentley convertible just two days later.

Just one month later (on February 27), she was pulled over by Los Angeles County Sheriffs deputies at 10:30 at night for driving 70 miles per hour, without her headlights on, down Sunset Boulevard, which is a 35 miles per hour zone.

In March 2007, the Los Angeles City's Attorney's Office filed a motion citing Hilton for violating the terms of her DUI probation, asking for 45 days in jail, even though the law allowed Paris to be sentenced to 90 days in jail. Hilton violated at least three conditions of her probation; driving at 70 mph without her headlights on in a 35 mph zone, driving with a suspended license, and failing to enroll in the court-ordered alcohol education program.

So, as you can see, she lost her license through drunk driving, then drove blatantly a further 3 times, under questionable circumstances, and never got sentenced nor did she enroll herself in the alcohol education programs. Please, please, don't stick up for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I have a seemingly limitless amount of hate, so no worries there. (Especially for that waste of good oxygen.)

It's amazing how much hate people have for each other...it's really shocking. I'm no hippy but it's just saddening to hear the language coming out of people to describe her when all she is is just another human being, just like the rest of us.

I'm not a fan of hers, but I don't hate her either. It would be so much better if people focussed that hatred on someone who deserves it. There's a lot of scum out there but Paris Hilton is not one of them.

I agree fully, I try not to hate people.....but there are some people......some people, who I just can't give the time of day for.

It would be so much better if people focussed that hatred on someone who deserves it.

She may not be the biggest dickhead granted. But she's one of the most prominent, and thats why everyone hates her

So Glad wrote:

That is ****in brilliant!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Xylem wrote:
    TBH, people disliked her because she F**ked her way to fame,
    Who did she **** to get famous?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

irish_bob wrote:
    While I am not the biggest fan of the US Justice System, at least over there penal sentences do what is said on the tin. Life means life, ten years means ten years. It is pretty transparent in that respect, although I think a couple of states do have provisions for early release for 'good behaviour'.

Although Hilton's sentence seems harsh in relation to the headline incident, there were other incidents as mentioned her that demonstrated her pure disregard for the law. When deciding sentences, judges there, as here, take the wider picture into view.

thrill wrote:
    Your wrong. It's not a fact.

It does, in fact, all depend on what she wants to be successful at.
    So by your own admission you were wrong. FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

FX Meister wrote:

Cant remember his name, just google her sex tape and im sure his name will pop back.

FX Meister wrote:
    A nobody... much like herself

In terms of media/public interest.

Do you know one person who heard of her before the, One Night In Paris vid ?

I think the simple life started before that vid.

It was"leaked" around the same time the The Simple Life began. What unfortunate timing :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

If the stupid cow had any sense whatsoever she'd give the Judge a taste of some justice from the Tommy Suharto school.

Shes got the money. Dry your tears, hire a hitman, load, aim, fire.

Don't cry, don't get mad, get even. Shes got the money, just have him shot. Thats what I would do in her shoes. Simple.

• Advertisement

Ahh I see, by sleeping her way to being famous you mean the video she made with her boyfriend. That he leaked. A video she never intended to make it to the public domain. A video that was released after she already famous.
    You jealous haters don't even have your facts straight.

Advertisement