Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

"This is Eircom Broadband for Jane/Dave/Dickface."
    I hate the way they say that. And in one of the ads, they say "jane likes to have more" and then show someone spreading stuff on a bagel that looks absolutley rotten.

The Bud ad where the idiot is screaming in a girls voice. What a brutal ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

tampopo wrote:
    Yeah the cleaner close ads are terrible. I was down in me ma's place last night and one came on...had to sit through it.

That road safety one. Seen it too often, and can see where it's been photoshopped. Stop it, already.
    Jesus, yeah. Especially the latter. I can't help but laughing at it due to someone saying to me "it should've been the ****in dog up on trial". Makes me come across as a bastard.

Steve01 wrote:
    How about that new add for road safety awareness that goes on for like 20 minutes. What good will it accomplish other than forcing people to flick over to other channels for longer than they usually would.
    They've made too many of these ads. And they appear to have no lasting effect on people's driving behaviour. Same goes for those ones that tell you how to drive on a motorway etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

its those bloody (pardon the pun) tampon ads that piss me off, just when i'm tucking into my tea, some chick comes on the telly complaining about how run down she is...but hey presto... by using a woolly shaped bullet she's feelin fine again...and i'm left feelin queasy:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

The McDonalds ad where the boy comes down the stairs and his mother says whats on your face. He calmly replies I borrowed your moisturiser and she calls him a plank in some horrible accent. Then Mr. Eurovision comes in and give the spas a big hug and a hamburger. I hate that ad!! I'd love if Mr. T came along in his tank and flattened the lot of them.

Too right, that smarmy knob Logan needs to be introduced to my good friend PAIIINNN!!!:) This minor comeback he is making is pissing me off.

Worst ad on tv is undoubtedtly the Diet Coke Do Your Thing ads with the Mexican tosser on the voiceover. Its just so ****ing pointless, the whole lot, and I cant believe nobody else mentioned it.

All those really cheaply made ads for furniture or general home goods stores in towns around Dublin (Meath/Kildare/Louth for some reason). What is it, Neville Nott and Fitzpatrick Furniture? Where in the **** they managed to find some guy with an average singing voice who was able to croon "fiiiitzzzpatrick" ad nauseaum without dying of embarrasment Ill never know. Where do they find cheesy ad jingle singers?

The likes of Nike seem to have stopped paying footballers to star in over hyped boring CGI filled gimmicky ads (the last brilliant football ad I recall right now was Brazil for France 98 in the airport, though I think there has been one or two since. But jesus some of the Pepsi and Nike ones in recent years sucked football sized donkey testicles)

Tampon ads are a conversation killer if you and the oul lad are watchin the tv. You would think they could limit their advertising to during womens day time tv or during the Big Brother adbreak (seeing as any man watching BB is of lower intellect/manliness anyway, barring some massive lesbian orgy was the main story in the papers that morning, only then is viewing of that bollix acceptable ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

*NOYEKS NEWMAN, KITCHENS FLOORS DECKS AND DOORS* not to mention the Coke Zero ad with those Aussie ****heads marching around the place shouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,991 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

On a side note...

The Snickers ad with Mr. T is feckin brilliant. I long to see him come along in his tank and crush that stupid Zafira with those fats kids inside. I'm still waiting though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

shane86 wrote:
    All those really cheaply made ads for furniture or general home goods stores in towns around Dublin (Meath/Kildare/Louth for some reason). What is it, Neville Nott and Fitzpatrick Furniture? Where in the **** they managed to find some guy with an average singing voice who was able to croon "fiiiitzzzpatrick" ad nauseaum without dying of embarrasment Ill never know. Where do they find cheesy ad jingle singers?
    Ah, but they're stress free, easy, fiiiitzzzzzpatrick. No, that ad bugs the living bejesus out of me too.

Slightly off forum but has anyone heard the ad for Jim Langan's Furniture on 98FM? The end of it irritates me! "jimlangansfurniture.iEEEHEEE"

The snickers ad with Mr.T is absolutely class, I would like to introduce him to the tosspot Mark Cagney and his friends at Tallaght ford. Every time I see that POS ad I want to scream.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

Those Amstel ads really annoy me... I just can't stand the way they end with something like (depending on the theme) "the flood in the amstel tradition" or "troy in the amstel tradition." Bullsh!t, they had nothing to do with your pi$sy beer :mad:

Yeah those amstel ads are awful.But the crudweiser ads are worse, especially the one where that moron is screaming like a girl and a bunch of morons come running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

crudweiser

Well you have to at least give them credit for knowing who their primary consumer group are.
    a bunch of morons

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

I can't stand that one about mortages and all that, where they're all on the bus and one by one they sheepishly stand up and say something like "I don't know what a tracker mortgage is". Then at the end some yoke stands up and says "sorry, what's this ad for?". Ugh what a load of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I have to say I like those Amstel Ads.

One ad I hate witha passion is on the Radio:

1-2-3
    dot ie
    just log on
    and save mon ee

Arrggh shoot them all........

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Karsini wrote:
    Slightly off forum but has anyone heard the ad for Jim Langan's Furniture on 98FM? The end of it irritates me! "jimlangansfurniture.iEEEHEEE"
    Ah see what happened there was an attempt to latch onto the (thankfully short-lived) infatuation everyone had with Bo Selecta's Michael Jackson "piss-take" (just NOT funny by the way).

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The new Halifax ad where the two guys meet the bankers and they have a dance competition. WTF is that all about???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

zaph wrote:
    The new Halifax ad where the two guys meet the bankers and they have a dance competition. WTF is that all about???? :confused:

I love that one!...what bunch of bizarre looking people

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

*bump*

The latest cilit bang adverts are truely dreadful! I have never seen ads with a worse attempt at pasting over the person with a fake voice! Its pathetic now just f*ck off! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

*explodes with rage*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Any WKD ad - especially the one where that teapot is kicking his socks and underwear off like he's playing football.

Note to WKD: stop trying to sell it as a mans drink, when it clearly is NOT.

• Advertisement

I find that new Bank of Ireland ad really creepy. It's not the ears on yer one, her eyes look huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Karsini wrote:
    I find that new Bank of Ireland ad really creepy. It's not the ears on yer one, her eyes look huge!

jeebus, i was just about to post that, it was on there a second ago and it wrecks my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

:mad: :mad: :mad: This is the Cillit Bang equivalent in America, they tried to be smart and copy that whole Cillit Bang remix there was floating about. Wrecks my head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

Liam Brady in the new Meteor ad, why Chippy, WHY:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

The snickers ad with Mr.T is absolutely class, I would like to introduce him to the tosspot Mark Cagney and his friends at Tallaght ford. Every time I see that POS ad I want to scream.

Theyve started showing the ad with Mr T cut out :confused:

Hate that bank of Ireland one too, Ive only seen it twice, is she too skinny or something? (as said, only twice, havent seen it in a week now, maybe it got pulled for being annoying?)

Dr. Dre wrote:
    Note to WKD: stop trying to sell it as a mans drink, when it clearly is NOT.

Meh, if you are in a club, have had 10 pints and intend to drink WKD quickly out of a straw and buy it in 3`s, its a geezerish as corvoisier in a strip club :) You and Snoop get back to yer gin and juice (great tune but come on, ****in Gin? :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

zaph wrote:

I like that ad. Also like the amstel ones.

I hate ads for constipation tablets or some of those pro-biotic yogurts, they all have some woman moaning about feeling tired and how if she takes on of them she'll feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

I am sick of seeing ads on Satellite TV for ambulance chasers and loan sharks and one in particular annoys the hell out of me. Guy trying to cut grass with an electric mower, suddenly cut to him trying to mow a meadow 6 feet high to symbolise how all his financial burdens are getting on top of him. Solution, go to loan shark and consolidate all your loans into one. All of a sudden he is sitting on a ride on mower cutting the grass in his back garden that is no bigger than a shoe box and gets the glad eye from his missus who is potting some plants and the kids are jumping up and down on spacehoppers and then mammy appears with a tray with lashings and lashings of pop! Please stop this nonsense. Live within your means and you won't have any loans to consolidate!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

All of a sudden he is sitting on a ride on mower cutting the grass in his back garden that is no bigger than a shoe box...

You notice he's cutting grass thats already been cut! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭lukin

I can't stand the eircom broadband ad where "Dave" admires his beer gut in the mirror as if it's something to be proud of.
    Also the McDonalds one where that guy has the piss taken out of him by his friends for getting a job there. Surely a disincentive to work for them if anything, what are the guys who come up with these ads thinking of?
    But most of all I really, really hate that twat Will Cullen in those Lucozade ads. I wish Paul O' Connell would deck him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Shaving adds. The guy never has any facial hair to begin with. Every add honestly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement