Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Miseducation of Jimbo Slice

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Leon11

you cheeky ****!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I really felt like I was hit by a truck this morning when I got out of bed. Guess that's the price you gotta pay for a day like yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

Not in the least bit surprised tbh.

Hey, you don't fancy heading up to the gym with me in a bit do ya?? ;) pleeaseee

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Hanley wrote: »

What kind of a mat is that under you? Are your heels on it and the rest of your foot off it? I would have thought that you would slip on such a footing?

Good luck in the comp. Great achievement if you can break the 3 records, 1 with each lift on the bench!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

It's a thick rubber(I think) mat with small grooves in it, great for grip I find.

• Advertisement

BossArky wrote: »
    What kind of a mat is that under you? Are your heels on it and the rest of your foot off it? I would have thought that you would slip on such a footing?

Good luck in the comp. Great achievement if you can break the 3 records, 1 with each lift on the bench!

The black stuff is as Trib said, a rubber mat. It's actually a bit grippier when you turn it the other way. I normally try to steal the mats off the other platform and set them across the one I'm on so I can stand on them because foot grip is a big issue with sumo!

The bit in the middle is plywood with thin layer of MDF or soemother form of abrasive wood nailed on top. It's a great lifting surface!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

BossArky wrote: »

he he im sending hanley a package today should help him hit these 3 records!!:D:D

he he im sending hanley a package today should help him hit these 3 records!!:D:D

Hahahaha fingers crossed!!!! I'm just hoping 2 weeks is enough.

it better be its raining outside and im going out in it!! i dont like rain...if you dont hit these records...ill hit you!! with my jeep of course....

it better be its raining outside and im going out in it!! i dont like rain...if you dont hit these records...ill hit you!! with my jeep of course....

Now that's some good motivation!! You're in a jeep now?

• Advertisement

Image002.jpg

yip....this is gonna hurt you....:p:p

Image002.jpg

yip....this is gonna hurt you....:p:p

Man you need some 22's!!

At least give me til June to hit it...

no you have 2 weeks........

yes...i do need some 22's...

your future now rests in the hands of the irish postal service....

your future now rests in the hands of the irish postal service....

I'm screwed...

Nice easy recovery workout today..

Hypers:
    bodyweight 3x20

Face Pulls:
    3x20

Cable Abs:
    worked up to 3x12 (6 sets total)

Cleans:
    20kg x several sets
    50kg x several sets
    60kg 3 reps per set, about 15 sets total.

I had a while to spare in the gym today so I figured I should finally try to learn how to properly clean. I started off just trying to catch power cleans a bit lower. I used dead hang cleans (ie a quick shrug and pull under, no triple extenstion) and as the sets progressed I got a lot more comfortable with them. I'll contiune to work on them over the next few weeks and start to work up after the powerlifting nationals. Next step is snatches and jerks....

the postal service pulled it off!!!

I know. I'm shocked!!

Guess it's in my hands now...

My bench is still causing me some trouble. If I can sort out the problem I WILL press big at nationals.

Bench:
    *all raw work paused*
    60kg x3
    80kg x3
    100kg x3
    120k x3
    *shirt on, 44 Katana*
    140kg x3
    150kg 2x3
    160kg 2x3
    170kg 2x2 (starting to get near touching here)
    175kg x blackout
    170kg x1 (a bloody ar$e hair away from touching)
    170kg x touch, but out of the groove and had to have it pulled off

First run in a shirt that's never had a full range rep done in it. I left my belt off for all the sets hoping I would touch it easier. I was hoping to get around 160 to touch but that just was not happening. 140 moved all of 3-4 inches. As I got more reps in the shirt was seated better and was I was starting to get a feel for it. The first run at the 170's was cool, bar speed was savage, really really quick, if I can get it to touch then pressing absolutely will not be a problem..

Decided to pile on more weight for a single with 175. Fought it really hard all the way down and gave it absolutely everything I had in an attempt to touch. I had pretty much touched it and the next thing I remember is the bar half way up feeling almost weightless. After I (well the spotters) got it back into the racks I jsut lay on the bench for a few seconds to let my eyes refocus, stood up and my ears were ringing pretty heavily.

Overall it's a decent workout, and the bar speed on the 170's was great. I'm just hoping I've done enough to be able to touch 165kg next week!

i tried my best to get 180 to touch in that shirt lad but it just wasnt for me!! tighter f6 for me me thinks...

• Advertisement

Lots of big lifting today....

Squat:
    60kg 2x3
    80kg x3
    100kg x3
    120kg x3
    140kg x3 (paused last rep, all sets to here beltless)
    *suit on, straps down*
    160kg x3
    180kg x3
    *straps up*
    200kg x3
    *wraps*
    220kg x2
    230kg x2 - PR

Drop Snatches:
    20kg 3x5
    30kg x3
    40kg x3
    50kg x3
    60kg x1 +dump

Dead Hang Snatches:
    20kg 3x3
    30kg x3
    40kg x3

Dead Hang Cleans:
    40kg x3
    60kg x3
    65kg x3
    70kg x3
    75kg x3
    80kg x3
    85kg x3
    90kg x3
    95kg x1
    100kg x1

Really, really happy on the squats. 230kg x2 is a huge PR and has me full of confidence going into the comp. I ran out of memory on the 230 so I only got 220 on video. Heres some vids of the oly lifts too;

220kg x2

Drop snatch's w/50kg

90kg x3

100kg x1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Lol at all the red.

Shame about the 230 x 2, they were good though.

Speed Bench: (all paused)
    60kg 2x3
    70kg x3
    80kg 2x3 (close)
    90kg 6x3 (2 medium, 4 w/ pinky on rings)

Standing Press:
    40kg x5
    50kg x5
    60kg x5
    65kg x5
    70kg x5
    75kg x5

Jerks:
    20kg 3x3
    40kg x3
    50kg x3
    60kg x3
    70kg x3
    80kg x2
    85kg x2
    90kg x2
    95kg x1
    100kg x1

Bar speed was nice and snappy on the benching so that's always good.

I'm not sure how my standing press compares to other people... Like I would like for it to be higher. Something to work on anyway...

First time ever jerking today. I always thought it was gonna be a problem, but it looks like it won't be too bad. All the lifts were comfortable. I reckon 120+ is certainly achieveable soon. And I've one big goal I'd like to hit, but I don't want to be so arrogant as to suggest it yet.

Drop Snatch:
    20kg 3x3
    40kg 2x3

Dead Hang Snatch:
    20kg 3x3
    40kg 2x3

Powercleans:
    40kg x3
    60kg x3
    70kg x3
    80kg x3
    90kg x3
    95kg x3 -PR
    100kg x3 -PR

Sumos: (beltless)
    70kg 2x3
    120kg x3
    150kg x3
    170kg x3
    190kg x3 -PR

Dead Hang Snatch:
    20kg 3x3
    40kg x3

Hang Clean:
    60kg 5x3

Nice easy session. Happy with the powercleans. I had a bit left to spare too on them so things look promising on that front.

The sumos were nice and easy. I wasn't even thinking until I hit 170kg. 190 for reps is the heavist I've ever gone beltless so it's a PR, even if I was capable of handling more!!

Now all that's left for my pulls is some rest and recovrey...

Hopefully go 245/255/260. Might jump straight to 260 depending what the board is like and how easy the opener is.

Not much longer now!! ;)

its the weekend after next right??

its the weekend after next right??

Yarp, weekend of the 26h and 27th.

Well the shirt's starting to work...ish.

Bench: (all paused)
    60kg 2x3
    80kg x3
    100kg x3
    120kg x3
    *shirt on*
    140kg x3
    150kg x3
    160kg x3 (almost there)
    165kg x1 (touched)
    170kg x1 (touched)
    170kg x0 (dumped)

Close Grip Pulldowns:
    5x12 moving up in weight

Pushdowns:
    4x12 straight weight

Well well well.... Finally starting to make the shirt work. I'm stil ugly as hell in it, but I'm getting there. THe bar's getting to abotu 3 or 4 inches and it's taking another 3 seconds or so maybe for me to work it the rest of the way down. I'm very hit and miss too, maybe a 70% success rate, so fingers crossed I pull it together on the day!!

• Advertisement

hey, good work on managing to touch today. Just in time too, eh??

I can't look at the video now but I'll check it out some time tomorrow!!

Advertisement