Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I picked up a few things in Penney's for a night out I had last night! I got a faux leather skirt, but I can't find a pic. I wore it with the top I got in Oasis!
    I also got this chunky necklace
    B3CpOJ5IQAAb2OR.jpg:large

and a little clutch. Its really hard to get photo's of Penney's stuff. I'll try and take a pic myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Is it the skirt that crosses over at the front kind of like a skort? If so, I got that same one tonight

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Is it the skirt that crosses over at the front kind of like a skort? If so, I got that same one tonight

Yeah, it crosses over & comes down a bit longer on one side?
    It was very comfortable on, bit shorter than I'm used to, but I got lots of compliments in it! It was only €12!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Looks like it's the same!
    http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=75&From=GBP&To=EUR

75.00 GBP = 94.7639 EUR
    British Pound ↔ Euro
    1 GBP = 1.26352 EUR 1 EUR = 0.791441 GBP

Ha! Been a while since I checked out £ to €...whoops! Bargain ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Yeah, it crosses over & comes down a bit longer on one side?
    It was very comfortable on, bit shorter than I'm used to, but I got lots of compliments in it! It was only €12!

I bought that very skirt earlier today! It sits lovely... I love it when Pennys get it right, they can be so hit and miss

• Advertisement

I bought that very skirt earlier today! It sits lovely... I love it when Pennys get it right, they can be so hit and miss

Its so different to what I'd usually buy, and all that were left in sizes was a size 8 and the rest were 14 & up. I took a risk & tried on the size 8 and it was more like a size 10 (my usual size), which I find is usually the case with Penney's for me. I was glad I got it in the end! There was another more biker looking one there too, but all huge sizes left!

Its so different to what I'd usually buy, and all that were left in sizes was a size 8 and the rest were 14 & up. I took a risk & tried on the size 8 and it was more like a size 10 (my usual size), which I find is usually the case with Penney's for me. I was glad I got it in the end! There was another more biker looking one there too, but all huge sizes left!

There was only larger sizes in the one I was in too, I was lucky & spotted one in my size hanging in the lingerie department!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

My daddy got me my Christmas present early - a pair of boots from ECCO - they have a reduction on boots this weekend in store. They are dear but great quality and will be great under jeans for me.

25ivm81.jpg
    2wnvfco.jpg
    Got these in pennies along with the leather effect skirt, and a plain black dress with sleeves to just above the elbow that had like a flouncy thing around the end of the sleeve, I'm terrible at describing things. The blue dress is pretty see through though.

Really want this skirt - if anyone sees it in pennies anywhere let me know
    dbr5so.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Ooh, I love the blue diamond-y one! There was a gold and black one very similar to that in Topshop a few years ago that I always regretted not buying. May have to go in and take a gawk!

Bought this for my sister in M&S (she lets me buy stuff that I think will look good on her and she gives me the money later, it's fantastic!). The green is the same green from THE green dress from Atonement. Think it will be perfect for her 30th. Hope it fits! Oh, and it was €62 down from €130 I think!

RC_01_T62_6600K_KF_X_EC_90?$PDP_PROD_IMAGE$

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭puppydogeyes

barleybooley, can i ask which M&S you bought that dress in. I have searched on line and can't see it. Love the style and colour

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Went to buy this last week and my size was out of stock, pretty sure I just got the last one in my size before it went outta stock again!
    £26 and hoping I can dress it up for my work Christmas party :)
    http://www.asos.com/pink-clove/pink-clove-printed-wrap-dress/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4325288&SearchQuery=clove&pgesize=36&pge=1&totalstyles=45&gridsize=3&gridrow=12&gridcolumn=3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I picked up a few things in Penney's for a night out I had last night! I got a faux leather skirt, but I can't find a pic. I wore it with the top I got in Oasis!
    I also got this chunky necklace

and a little clutch. Its really hard to get photo's of Penney's stuff. I'll try and take a pic myself!

Love that necklace. Pity pennys in dundrum didn't have any today. Did you buy in Dublin City?

Got a lovely pair of wedged navy wide fit ankle boots in pennys. Cannot find a pic anywhere. Only 20 euro and v comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,381 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

7905365_black.jpg

Picked this up for an interview on Tuesday.
    It's my firs interview since I was 17 so I'm absolutely terrified!

Got loads today! Stay tuned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Anyone know how I post a pic to boards from iPad? Have it copied but it won't paste into the reply for me. Want to show you all my lovely new boots!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

heldel00 wrote: »
    Anyone know how I post a pic to boards from iPad? Have it copied but it won't paste into the reply for me. Want to show you all my lovely new boots!

You need to have 50 posts in order to be able to post images and links. It's an anti-spam measure that was brought in fairly recently. You're nearly there. :)

23,403 posts! My husband is on my case that I'm gettin addicted to boards.ie and I'm only on 44! What will I be like when I get to your count!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭greenfrogs

Blingy wrote: »
    Love that necklace. Pity pennys in dundrum didn't have any today. Did you buy in Dublin City?

Got a lovely pair of wedged navy wide fit ankle boots in pennys. Cannot find a pic anywhere. Only 20 euro and v comfy.

Hi if you can could you take a photo of the boots. I am looking for a pair of navy wedge boots and they sound perfect. I usually don't wear a wide fit though, are they very wide? I could manage it with boots though.
    You need to have 50 posts in order to be able to post images and links. It's an anti-spam measure that was brought in fairly recently. You're nearly there. :)

I just realised that when I tried to post links to my online purchases today. Hopefully I'll have reached the 50 post mark by they time they arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

barleybooley, can i ask which M&S you bought that dress in. I have searched on line and can't see it. Love the style and colour

Got it in M&S Dundrum. Link to page for it here for details. They definitely had a 14 left on Saturday and I think another smaller size. Give them a buzz and see! I know Dunnes can look up their national stock to see if an item you're looking for is in stock in other Dunnes and can get them to send it in/keep it on hold so maybe M&S can do the same? Hope you can find it, the picture does not do it justice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

656584_main?$CrossSellProductPage514$

Got this in RI but haven't a breeze what to wear with it.

Maybe something like this SB?
    11wfsp5.jpg

I think it would look quite good with with a plain chiffon blouse too if it was for the office.

I'm at my 50 post quota (woo hoo!) and still can't see how to paste a pic into reply box.
    ( I have the image saved in photos and I'm just clicking copy on the image but when I come back to boards it won't paste into the box.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

heldel00 wrote: »
    I'm at my 50 post quota (woo hoo!) and still can't see how to paste a pic into reply box.
    ( I have the image saved in photos and I'm just clicking copy on the image but when I come back to boards it won't paste into the box.)

Allow me to quote a post from six months or so ago:
    Or... scroll down when writing a post.

Look for 'Manage Attachments'.

You can 'Choose File' and locate the image on your computer. To the right you can select 'Upload'.

When the image is uploaded the link will appear in the Manage Attachments section. Right click and select 'Copy Link Address'.

Go into your post, click the little icon that looks like a mountain and paste the link.

Voila your image will appear in your post.

Just be aware that you may need to resize the image before posting otherwise you'd insert a huge image.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90370786&postcount=8282

Alternatively you can often copy the URL (address) of an image from a website and paste that into the pop-up box that appears when you select to insert an image into your post.

329628.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

7798L.jpg7789L.jpg
    The back of the dress! Didn't have a pic of the maroon

7937L.jpg

7956J.jpg7958J.jpg
    8725W.jpg

The back of the dress! Didn't have a pic of the maroon

What's the delivery charge like?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭littleblackDRS

What's the delivery charge like?

I've only ever had it delivered by courier, as its £12 regardless of weight! It usually works out cheaper than having it posted, as its the standard Royal Mail calculated postage.

I make the most of the unlimited weight by buying lots of shoes :P

I've only ever had it delivered by courier, as its £12 regardless of weight! It usually works out cheaper than having it posted, as its the standard Royal Mail calculated postage.

That's Brilliant! My sister was looking at the site last week and had 4 pairs of shoes in her chopping cart... I'll have to let her know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@Aisling(",) and all posters - please don't forget to mention where you purchased the item, or provide a link

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm on my phone so maybe it's in the headline but where are all these from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement