Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Gallery *No Discussion*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Dacian wrote: »
    A319/A320 have overwing WINDOW exits while the longer A321 has a total of 4 DOOR exits. All are single aisle aircraft (also the shrinked A318 with its single overwing window exit)

Thus the A321 (to the casual observer) more resembles the A330 which also has 4 door exits on each side. However the A330 doors are bigger, but in relation to the aircraft size look the same size as the A321 doors.

330 has winglets, 320/321 has wing fences.

G-LSAC at Faro LPFR with 9Q-CMC baking in the background
    1035235.jpg
    Boeing 757-23A - Click here for larger image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Andrew33 wrote: »
    G-LSAC at Faro LPFR with 9Q-CMC baking in the background

Good shot Andrew, didnt know your on Franks Site, do you post in the Forums at all? Im Fouga over there.

Thanks Steyr, I'm a relative newbie to Franks site. I think I have posted on the forums alright but probably under a different name;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Shanair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Great shot of the 4 61's! Rare to see 2/3'rds of the fleet
    in the one place

Steyr wrote: »
    Good shot Andrew, didnt know your on Franks Site, do you post in the Forums at all? Im Fouga over there.

Frank works wonders with my pics and makes them presentable. I owe him a few pints:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

Up in Dublin, so of course paid a visit to the Airport...(thank God the airspace was opened by the time we got out there:D)...
    IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0017.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0091-1.jpg
    IMG_0032.jpg
    IMG_0097-1.jpg
    IMG_0075.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0048.jpg
    IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0078.jpg
    IMG_0102-1.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

Some great photo's snipersight.

and welcome to A+A makes a change to seeing your posts on the airsoft forum :)

Andy

andy_g wrote: »
    Some great photo's snipersight.

and welcome to A+A makes a change to seeing your posts on the airsoft forum :)

Andy

Ha, cheers. I've been floating about here for a while, usually my brothers posts any pics we take.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

330 has winglets, 320/321 has wing fences.
    I will be pedantic and suggest that the A320 family have wingTIPS. The BAC-11 has wingFENCES, they were vertical strips of metal on the upper wing surface to 'channel' airflow aft.

I may be wrong with the terminology though!

Yeah, I remember them strips on the 1-11s but I think the things on the ends of a 320's wings are actually called wingFences. Below excerpt is from an article regarding Airbus testing proper blended winglets for the 320 family.

"After several years of flight testing, Airbus has launched a winglet upgrade to its A320 family it promises will provide a 3.5% fuel-burn improvement over the existing wingfence design.

The winglets, which Airbus has termed "sharklets," were designed by Airbus, although the manufacturer looked at other configurations. Airbus will need to add about 200 kg. in weight to stiffen the wingbox to handle higher loads, but found enough weight savings to keep the change weight-neutral, says Airbus chief operational officer for customers, John Leahy."

IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0112.jpg

Last pic is class. Well taken.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Its not a picture OF a plane but it was taken FROM a plane!

Heres a pic of the volcanic ash plume taken inflight earlier this morning:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tearbringer/4588573651/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

shannon today (8/05)
    shannon3.jpg

shannon2j.jpg

shannon1.jpg
    Shot at 2010-05-08

To Skelliser, you need to upload a smaller size in your pics, taking forever to open the page. Nicely composed but a lot of "noise" in your pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

To Skelliser, you need to upload a smaller size in your pics, taking forever to open the page. Nicely composed but a lot of "noise" in your pictures.

FIXED!

Any pointers to improve my picture taking abilities! reducing noise etc.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

skelliser wrote: »
    FIXED!

Any pointers to improve my picture taking abilities! reducing noise etc.
    Thanks

Much better!:D

What type of camera are you using? Keeping cam steady is vitally important, when holding camera to eye you should tuck both elbows together and press them into your stomach/chest, feels a bit weird at first but you'll notice a difference straight away. I'm only feeling my way tru photography at the moment but your pics look under exposed (dark), see if you can over compensate the exposure on your camera, its a lot of trial and error. I get this too when shooting upwards at aircraft, I think the expanse of sky fools the camera into thinking its brighter than it is. You should down load Paint.net or Picasso or something similar to play with your photos, I use Paint.net and you can sharpen pics and reduce noise, mess around with exposure etc. These progs are a bit limited but grand for starting off! Keep posting the pics and add some text detail too, make and model of aircraft, reg, operator etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

Tenger wrote: »
    Its not a picture OF a plane but it was taken FROM a plane!

Heres a pic of the volcanic ash plume taken inflight earlier this morning:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tearbringer/4588573651/
    Thats cool, nice pic!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭rob88

didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread but jesus christ look how close this was.. looks like there was no flaps either http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYkXt83d2x0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Killinator

rob88 wrote: »
    didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread but jesus christ look how close this was.. looks like there was no flaps either http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYkXt83d2x0
    JAYSUS!!:eek::eek:
    That makes the usual extreme KLM 747 landing look tame!!!

rob88 wrote: »

He certainly screamed outta there! Everything in/out of St Maarten seems to be "insane" "crazy" etc. Its a cool looking place and a spotters paradise but if it was that insane or dangerous would it really be in operation?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

That's just nuts! :D

OY-SRF unloading at EIDW
    4601323014_f4df0f487a.jpg
    EI-OZD unloading at EIDW
    4601325146_71206985c8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lifelike

Two fine pics of 747 freighters at EIDW. Taken from Wikipedia:

Air_France_Cargo_Dublin_10.jpg

Singapore_Airlines_Cargo_Dublin_10.jpg

Advertisement