Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Gallery *No Discussion*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

rob88 wrote: »
    didn't know where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread but jesus christ look how close this was.. looks like there was no flaps either http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYkXt83d2x0

Looks like no flaps alright, but a 737 will definately not fly without flaps selected, probably flaps 1 takeoff

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭N7777G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

N7777G wrote: »

Absolute Beauty! Are these your own pics? Well done if they are.

Lifelike wrote: »
    Two fine pics of 747 freighters at EIDW. Taken from Wikipedia:

Air_France_Cargo_Dublin_10.jpg

Singapore_Airlines_Cargo_Dublin_10.jpg

Nice pics but its bothering me a little that people (not just you) are taking pics from other sites and uploading them here.
    I assumed this thread was for AvFans own pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

took these in bray last sunday.
    lads paragliding of bray head looked class one landing on the sea front didnt have the cam handy at that point the others landing on the old golf course.
    sorry i couldnt get any closer as i was half way down the sea front

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Now thats different, thanks Andy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

change is good sometimes :D sorry its from the distance though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭aircraft tech trng

I was based in SEYCHELLES recently maintaining an EK A330. Heres a photo and the 2nd gives perspective of the landing gear size when jacked up in the hanger
    y89675.jpg

A330%20ON%20JACKS1.JPG

TOOK THESE IN THE MIDDLE EAST. ANTONOV AN-12 USED DURING THE COLD WAR AND NOW A FREIGHTER. NOTICE WHERE THE REAR GUNS WERE BUT NOW REMOVED.

ANTONOV12%20%20%20%20%201.jpg

ANTONOV12%20%20%20%20%207.jpg

ANTONOV12%20%20%20%20%205.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Nice photos. Could you make them a bit smaller?

• Advertisement

These 2 pics were taken in June 2002 in Kabul Afghanastan. I was flying on an A300B4 as technical coverage. We were supplying relief for the locals. The 1st pic a result of the Afgan / Russia war years earlier

DSCF0029-1.JPG

DSCF0031.JPG

These pics were taken after we had a bird strike, actually a flock of unknown birds. Notice the engines, slats and flaps. Blood everywhere. Was unreal. Resulted in replacing number 2 engine. Oh the flight was out of Nepal when it occured

.viewThumb.jsp?fileID=129749947&size=thumb
    2.JPG

6.JPG

8.JPG

10.JPG

TAXI INCIDENT

c.jpg

b.jpg

a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Shanair

Friday May 14th was a splendid day at Shannon where in nice weather several interesting aircraft were to be seen. (Photos at http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanair/). In the morning Miami Air's B737-8Q8 N734MA made a fuel stop and then a lunch time Mayfair Aviation's 62 year old De Havilland DH104 Dove 8 G-OPLC arrived on a charter. Delivered to the RAF in 1948 it was civilianised in 1986 and is still earning ts keep. It has a luxurious interior making for very nice relaxed way to travel. The afternoon saw the first visit of Air Contractors passenger configured B737-31S EI-STA in the colours of subsidiary Europe Airpost. It was doing the first weekly charter to/from Dubrovnik. The evening saw the arrival of Kalitta Air B747-246B (F) N700CK making a nice landing in crosswind conditions. Two movements from Shannon Aerospace were the ex-Olympic B737-4Q8 EI-ELP doing a test flight in the colours of its next operator UTair Ukraine - really nice scheme. This airline is a subsidiary of Russia's UTair and currently operates a pair of ATR42's. Danish carrier Jettime's B737-33A OY-JTA departed for home following two weeks maintenance. Then a really nice one - a Bombardier CRJ200 XT-ABG on delivery to Air Burkina in full colours. Aircraft registered in Burkina Faso are kind of rare in Ireland - in fact the last one I remember seeing was an executive Boeing 727 in Cork being used by Michael Jackson many years ago.
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Killinator

Feidhlim wrote: »
    Might be just me, but the link to the ClickAir A320 is directing to the Bristol 175

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Killinator wrote: »
    Might be just me, but the link to the ClickAir A320 is directing to the Bristol 175

Right you are - I've updated the link

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

PIC_0181.jpgk

PIC_0182.jpg

PIC_0183.jpg

PIC_0184.jpg

PIC_0185.jpg

PIC_0186.jpg

PIC_0187.jpg

PIC_0188.jpg

PIC_0190.jpg

PIC_0191.jpg

PIC_0192.jpg

PIC_0193.jpg

PIC_0194.jpg

An amazing Saturday, only about 500 people there in total and every aircraft you see above was flown! Sometimes about 5-10 at a atime and an amazing WW1 atmosphere. The slow speed and fragility of aircraft of this era was totally apparent as the flypasts took so long! :)

The company that restores many of them is here: Vintage Aviator. Interesting reading!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

PIC_0195.jpg

PIC_0196.jpg

This was a few weeks ago at NZMS Hood Aerodrome at Masterton. Part of ANZAC day commemorations The full website about the day has some great photos here

I'm so lucky to have seen that many WW1 era aircraft at once!

Fantastic pics PC, that engine mounted on the truck is a scary lookin' mother!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DementoR

Some pictures today from Toronto Pearson Intl

184.jpg
    179.jpg
    167.jpg
    163.jpg
    162.jpg
    131.jpg
    123.jpg
    082.jpg
    070.jpg
    083.jpg
    130.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Wow Armin, cool vid, crew very lucky to get away with that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Wow Armin, cool vid, crew very lucky to get away with that one!

Fair play he put it down well, good positive landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Qantas

Turkish Airlines A340-311
    Ryanair 737-8AS
    Air France cargo 747-428F/ER/SCD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Nice shots Qantas, when were they taken? I don't think the 340 is a regular visitor to Dublin? though I have seen TC-JIK here.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lifelike

Nice shots Qantas, when were they taken? I don't think the 340 is a regular visitor to Dublin? though I have seen TC-JIK here.

I thought I read somewhere that DUB's runway isn't long enough for the A340? Or is it only the A380 that can't fly here?

Lifelike wrote: »
    I thought I read somewhere that DUB's runway isn't long enough for the A340? Or is it only the A380 that can't fly here?
    Dublin's runway is long enough for both the 380 & the 340, its the taxiways and apron which can't handle the 380. The 340 is fine, its pretty much just a 330 with 4 engines!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Dublin's runway is long enough for both the 380 & the 340, its the taxiways and apron which can't handle the 380. The 340 is fine, its pretty much just a 330 with 4 engines!;)
    I think the clarification is that the DUB runway can't accomodate a FULLY LOADED A340/B777. They can operate fine from DUB but are a little restricted in their range/payload.

The planned 2nd runway would be longer than the current one thus allowing DUB to handle all aircraft up to the A380 at max ability.

Is it a taxiway or stand/jetway restriction on the A380? I thought they had to design it with a wingspan under 80M(?) to allow it to operate to current airport standards. I was under the impression that the B747 when launched forced many airports to upgrade to handle it and since then Boeing/Airbus have followed certain size restrictions.

Advertisement