Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Great Krypton. Ray the crimebuster. here he comes to Save the Day. Sworn to protect a world that hates and fears him . But I hope Ray remembers, With great power comes great responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Oh good Micheal O'Leary interview- can't wait to find out who is No Strings is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭statto25

"Did you change your hairstyle recently" I can think of 100 questions I could ask Michael O'Leary other than that. Shambolic.

why doesn't way run to Sugar Club? Have you heard running is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Hosier, first question "And how tall are ya?"

He then reads out a text to his guest, which refers to him as "Ridey Mc....."

I keep thinking it cant get worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Well done ray.you got the height and your kids into the interview within 15 mins.hozier is loving it. All that's left is rugby and do you run because i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭De Bhál

In fairness I thought that was an enjoyable interview with Hozier.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah I really enjoyed it. Nice and light, not too serious, with some great music!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Great hour of radio, Hozier is world class, love him. Really enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

I really enjoyed the Michael O'Leary interview, good show overall this morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Very good show this morning. Hozier is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Horse84

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/ray-darcy-left-shaken-after-he-foils-group-of-car-thieves-in-unsettling-encounter-30608704.html

What a hero. And before its said this has nothing to do with the show and its personal, he brought it up on the programme supposedly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Horse84 wrote: »
    http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/ray-darcy-left-shaken-after-he-foils-group-of-car-thieves-in-unsettling-encounter-30608704.html

What a hero. And before its said this has nothing to do with the show and its personal, he brought it up on the programme supposedly.

Heard him tell this story today too! Fair play too him could have turned a blind eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Heard him tell this story today too! Fair play too him could have turned a blind eye!

Yeah he took a chance not just getting involved but also recounting the story on air, thereby identifying himself. It's all over the interweb now too.
    Always enjoy listening to Michael oLeary, if only the upper echelons of the body politic were as productive and plain speaking ...

The political guy was doing so well til he said "quongo". Good interview, know a lot of people in the same boat

Just had the horrific realisation this morning that Ray D'Arcy IS my wife

-He is always talking about the kids
    -He cries at the drop of a hat for no reason
    -He is always telling me what to do
    -Sometimes when he is talking I am not listening
    -he does not know how to use electronic equipment
    -and finally and most importantly he is always right

The similarities are uncanny:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Vorenus400

Just caught some of the Vincent Brown interview there. Very funny.

Vincent being an old curmudgeon but he has a lot of good points. You could feel and hear the discomfort in Ray when Denis O Brien was brought up. I think Ray saw it as a slight attack on himself. He muttered a couple of barely hearable denials and quickly went to a break. His little quip after the break that what if Denis O brien bought TV3, would Vincent not be working for Denis? Vincent replied that he didnt think he would be working there very long. Ray once again moved on quickly.

Love VB, pity he is on so late on TV3

Vorenus400 wrote: »
    Just caught some of the Vincent Brown interview there. Very funny.

Vincent being an old curmudgeon but he has a lot of good points. You could feel and hear the discomfort in Ray when Denis O Brien was brought up. I think Ray saw it as a slight attack on himself. He muttered a couple of barely hearable denials and quickly went to a break. His little quip after the break that what if Denis O brien bought TV3, would Vincent not be working for Denis? Vincent replied that he didnt think he would be working there very long. Ray once again moved on quickly.

In Fairness to Ray, after what happened Sam Smyth, there is not a lot he can say on the topic of Denis O'Brien

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Love VB, pity he is on so late on TV3

Sounding very Ray there....yoy nwwd a break 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

FUQING EATING AGAIN ON THE RADIO

MMmmmMMMMmMMMMMMMMmm chomp chomp chomp

FUQ OFF DARCY

Keeping up with the Mongan-McDonaghs

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭colmufc

Keeping up with the Mongan-McDonaghs

I can't understand why today and especially ray is having her on promoting an rte show for a start but the fact that rte have made this show is a disgrace ,ive no problem with the travelling community but why is so much tv time given over to them considering they make up 0.6% of the population ,for some it's just to laugh at them but so many kids see this **** and thinks it's normal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭baldbear

Does her husband Bernie work? Or do any of the travellers on the show work? Its nothing to be proud of to live in ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Is it safe to turn the radio back on yet? Still cringing after that scene with the girl from Love/Hate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Still Ill wrote: »
    Still cringing after that scene with the girl from Love/Hate.

What happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Still Ill wrote: »
    Is it safe to turn the radio back on yet? Still cringing after that scene with the girl from Love/Hate.

What What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

Heard a few minutes today when he had his mouth full doing a food piece. Don't see the logic of doing food tasting on radio myself. Nom Nom Nom Ah Eh Nom Nom chomp chomp. Terrible radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I heard the food bit today. I wonder is he always that noisy when he eats and drinks or is it just for effect on radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Heard Alison Curtis last Saturday morning talking to a chef and she made a point of saying she had tried the desserts in front of them before they were on air and was going to try the rest off air. She said I know how much everyone hates listening to eating on air.

Now if she knows that, why doesn't the highest paid guy at the station.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement