Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Enjoyed the show today, the right mix of serious and fun... the interview with ROG was good, and the segment of the maternity wards and the mistakes was very sad, and he handled it very well, the right balance of empathy and outrage.

Flavia and Vincent made me smile I have to say, he's very big headed is Vincent but he was fairly funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Missed it today. Was Ray drooling over ROG telling him how great rugby is along with telling him how he can't get a word out of soccer players.

Missed it today. Was Ray drooling over ROG telling him how great rugby is along with telling him how he can't get a word out of soccer players.

Well, he did tell him he was a legend, which he is! Got treated very badly by DK at the end of last years 6Ns... It was a good interview, and ROG swearing like a mad yoke, I can see some complaints about it at some stage. He didn't mention soccer players :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

Latest JNLR figures today showing the show is down 13,000 listeners in the last year , not a huge amount considering the market share he has but, it's still a shift in the wrong direction

In the right direction you mean :D, all he can talk about is pregnancy,babies and downing the Catholic church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Ray played a small bit of rugby you know. Total overkill of rugby in the media at the moment in Darcy land every rugby player is a ligind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Ray played a small bit of rugby you know. Total overkill of rugby in the media at the moment in Darcy land every rugby player is a ligind

Total overkill probably because the six nations starts today, the ladies started last night. Anyway the majority of rugby players are decent guys, not jumped up spoilt brats with too much money for sense. IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

According to an article I just read online on the Irish Independent, the fall in Listenership for Rays show is due to emigration.

Personally I stopped listening to him after I came home from NZ, because I found him unbearably sour and self righteous, and I had been a dedicated listener before I left Ireland!!

I hate the way he sighs and shows no respect for guests whose opinions differ to his. I don't mind Will, but in the past 2years, I find I cannot listen to 5 minutes of Rays show without him or Mairead infuriating me! I have to admit its really only Paul McLoon on TodayFM that I listen to, and thats a rare occurrence nowadays!
    TodayFm were channel 1 on all my radios, car and home, nowadays they are either 6 or 7, i listen to RTE1 sooner, and to me, the reason I started to avoid Today FM is 100% down to Ray Darcy.

thalia_13 wrote: »
    According to an article I just read online on the Irish Independent, the fall in Listenership for Rays show is due to emigration.

Personally I stopped listening to him after I came home from NZ, because I found him unbearably sour and self righteous, and I had been a dedicated listener before I left Ireland!!

I hate the way he sighs and shows no respect for guests whose opinions differ to his. I don't mind Will, but in the past 2years, I find I cannot listen to 5 minutes of Rays show without him or Mairead infuriating me! I have to admit its really only Paul McLoon on TodayFM that I listen to, and thats a rare occurrence nowadays!
    TodayFm were channel 1 on all my radios, car and home, nowadays they are either 6 or 7, i listen to RTE1 sooner, and to me, the reason I started to avoid Today FM is 100% down to Ray Darcy.

Could not have put it better myself, excellent post.:cool:

So emmigration is to blame for the decline in listeners- I'm too much of a lady to say 'me hole'

The worm is turning thank God!

Could not have put it better myself, excellent post.:cool:

Um thanks, i think? The emoji is throwing me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Sounds like ray wrote the press release explaining lost listners himself

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Surely using that logic, every presenter would be seeing a decrease in listeners? Unless of course people are leaving the country as a direct result of listening to the Ray D'arcy show!!! I remember when Ray himself promised to leave the country but as usual was talking sh1t .

Surely using that logic, every presenter would be seeing a decrease in listeners? Unless of course people are leaving the country as a direct result of listening to the Ray D'arcy show!!! I remember when Ray himself promised to leave the country but as usual was talking sh1t .

I know, it certainly seems implausible that emigrating youth is the reason his listenership is down, but it seems to be the deluded reason TodayFM bosses and Ray are touting as the cause...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I know, it certainly seems implausible that emigrating youth is the reason his listenership is down, but it seems to be the deluded reason TodayFM bosses and Ray are touting as the cause...

Aren't his listeners all 6 foot tall "lurry" drivers and mammies?

And yet the axed Hector breakfast show GAINED 12000 listeners- do we put that down to immigration?

Um thanks, i think? The emoji is throwing me!

I agree 100% with you, just check my other posts.

Any excuse to play carrot cake man.

neris wrote: »
    Any excuse to play carrot cake man.

Ah, well now, it was totally in context there.

Sometimes he can't do right for doing wrong...

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

The text in from Dustin was priceless.

Ray's going to be copping some flak from Dustin for a long time after that interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I thought he was quite good in the Garth Brooks interview, I think he’s better in interviews when he doesn’t have much warning and just goes with the flow.

Why does he keep mentioning that he only had an hour and a half sleep though? It’s so unprofessional, once again, you’d swear no one else in the world was kept awake with young children.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

lambayire wrote: »
    The text in from Dustin was priceless.

Ray's going to be copping some flak from Dustin for a long time after that interview.

What happened?

What happened?

He as talking to Garth Brooks and Dustin sent in a text message slagging him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

Dustin texted in after the interview.

"Me old mate Ray Darcy interviewing Garth Brooks. You're a turncoat Darcy. A disgrace promoting this pollution."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I'd prefer to hear Garth Brooks than a fecking rotten old turkey puppet that wasn't funny 20 years ago, never mind now.

Why did he only get 1.5 hours sleep? If it's to do with his kids or personal life why in the name of God does he think he can complain about it at work? If the rest of us whinged about being tired because of something that happened and was unrelated to work we'd get grief, it's not TodayFm's or the listeners problem if he's tired.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

I'd prefer to hear Garth brooks than a fecking rotten old turkey puppet that wasn't funny 20 years ago, never mind now.

Why did he only get 1.5 hours sleep? If it's to do with his kids or personal life why in the name of God does he think he can complain about it at work? If the rest of us whinged about being tired because of something that happened and was unrelated to work we'd get grief, it's not TodayFm's or the listeners problem if he's tired.

Even more annoying was him reassuring us that he was "match fit"
    Anyone would think it was a labour intensive job, you're hardly breaking rocks in the yard there Ray!!! Extra annoying today !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

You know, i love the show, been listening for years, but some days are bordering on blandness :(
    How many times did he say to ROG 'ah, but ur briliant at what you do' was a bit sycophantic! to say the least.

The interview he had with Ian Dempsey, i dont know when, but the young daughter interrupted it a few times, saying 'Daddy's on the phone now', 'you got into your mother' was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

he's a bit late to the panti party

Some very over protective sensitive mammies listening this morning. Imagine school children knowing the proper names of body parts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Ha ha, one question to surgeon, do you earn a lot of money? That Kate Darcy is well trained . ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Ha ha, one question to surgeon, do you earn a lot of money? That Kate Darcy is well trained . ðŸ˜႒

She didn't ask the question, it was the wife of a surgeon that texted in giving her story about her husband asked to do a talk to a school about sex education. At the end only two questions were asked to him, how much money he makes and was he ever happy to see a patient die who had suffered a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement