Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I can't help but notice Ray is absent from the advert for the school of radio course Today FM are running

Playing music on a computer? Sure anyone can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭el diablo

FunLover18 wrote: »
    He's 5' 8"

No way. I saw him in a bar in Dublin a few years back and he's no more than 5'4". His head is disproportionately massive (literally) though.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr Boom Boom

el diablo wrote: »
    No way. I saw him in a bar in Dublin a few years back and he's no more than 5'4". His head is disproportionately massive (literally) though.

Yeah. Sounds likely. Also explains his obsession with other people's height

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Ray letting us know his skin feels lovely today, he'll be recommending tampons next!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

The whole babies, kids, pregnancy thing is bordering on the obsessive. Ray thinks coz hes kids everyone else is as obsessed and over the top about kids as he is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

I like listening to John Lonergan, he's a rock of sense!

RachaelVO wrote: »
    I like listening to John Lonergan, he's a rock of sense!

You're dead right, but jesus his accent drives me up the wall. The lack of judgment is a breath of fresh air, so many parents could benefit from listening to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Does anyone find maeve higgins funny?lets hope she stays in new york.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

crazygeryy wrote: »

Occasionally she'll raise a smirk, but I'd rarely burst out laughing!

• Advertisement

I quite like her. Missed the interview though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Ray outdone himself today. Only 2 minutes into the show and he messed up,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

All Ray wants to talk about is babies and terminal illness. Just what you want to listen to at work when you're already in a bored/bad mood.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I like Maeve. Like RachaelVO, I'll rare laugh at her comedy, but I like listening to her and find her entertaining. She was Newsjack on BBC4 Extra a while ago IIRC and was quite funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

I've said it before now I'll say it again STOP LISTENING TO THAT OBNOXIOUS GIT !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Really enjoyed the interview with the 3 Garth Brooks "fanatics", they were good fun. I think it killed ray to play one of his songs, but he did, fair play to him!,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

One of them said "its a tribute to the country" that he decided to play here. I was waiting for some angle on how Brooks was either part oirish or worse an ex rugby player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

One of them said "its a tribute to the country" that he decided to play here. I was waiting for some angle on how Brooks was either part oirish or worse an ex rugby player.

His mother's name was Colleen McElroy Carroll, sounds Irish to me...

Ha! And that right there is a tribute to the gullibility of fanboys.

That whole opening fifteen minutes annoyed the crap out of me, every single bit, plus he completely ruined my Friday morning when told us it's Thursday. Hope the weekend feels as long...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

That whole opening fifteen minutes annoyed the crap out of me, every single bit, plus he completely ruined my Friday morning when told us it's Thursday. Hope the weekend feels as long...

IN A WORLD......WHERE WEEKENDS LAST LONGER .
    Cant wait till the competition 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Jaysus!!! Neil Delamare and PJ Gallagher AGAIN!!

Well folks it's time to start the Des Bishop countdown...:mad::mad:

just seen he's doing some shows in Vicar Street,so no doubt will be on to plug them,and to tell how great he is now he can speak Chinese,and has done a gig in Chinese.

He is now officially unfunny in three different languages........(that's right folks,I don't like him....not one bit)

Dub Ste wrote: »
    Well folks it's time to start the Des Bishop countdown...:mad::mad:

just seen he's doing some shows in Vicar Street,so no doubt will be on to plug them,and to tell how great he is now he can speak Chinese,and has done a gig in Chinese.

He is now officially unfunny in three different languages........(that's right folks,I don't like him....not one bit)

Ah get off the fence there, you'll give yourself splinters!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I enjoyed the voice over competition, I like when Ray does stuff like that, it’s fun and a bit stupid which is what his show should be about – and used to be about. He has got too caught up in trying to be the next Matt Cooper or Pat Kenny and the show has become dreary and repetitive as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭lambayire

ncmc wrote: »
    I enjoyed the voice over competition, I like when Ray does stuff like that, it’s fun and a bit stupid which is what his show should be about – and used to be about. He has got too caught up in trying to be the next Matt Cooper or Pat Kenny and the show has become dreary and repetitive as a result.

Yep, it was funny alright but a total rip-off of Ray Foley's Gauntlet from way back when.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Hope Carrot cake man is a one day only event and not going to be constantly played until garth brooks is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

lambayire wrote: »
    Yep, it was funny alright but a total rip-off of Ray Foley's Gauntlet from way back when.

D'arcy was doing stuff like this with his team long before Foley's Gauntlet. Just hasn't done it in a long time because he's been busy depressing the nation with his rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Horse84

One question has he dropped listeners significantly in the latest jnlr's??
    (Please say yes, please say yes....)
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

STATIC

• Advertisement

Latest JNLR figures today showing the show is down 13,000 listeners in the last year , not a huge amount considering the market share he has but, it's still a shift in the wrong direction

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement