Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

TBP wrote: »
    That's an interesting approach to things. You must be doing a fair bit of laughing, tell me do people ever look at you a bit funny?

No, not much, thankfully i am too busy dancing around the kitchen with tears in my eyes 😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

mr bungle. wrote: »
    Changed the station in work today for the first time in years,went thru all the stations and still ended up on today fm,there is no alternative to ray,as much as i give out about him he seems to be the best of a bad bunch,we even tuned in to lyric fm for a while(pure desperation me thinks):)

I had a listen for 5 mins to that Colm fella over on RTE2 a couple of weeks ago. Jumping Jesus on a pogostick! He's terrible! He read out a couple of stories to demonstrate 'PC gone mad'. Not one of the stories was in any way about political correctness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

mr bungle. wrote: »
    Changed the station in work today for the first time in years,went thru all the stations and still ended up on today fm,there is no alternative to ray,as much as i give out about him he seems to be the best of a bad bunch,we even tuned in to lyric fm for a while(pure desperation me thinks):)

Not sure if you can make that judgement assuming you can't have spent more than 10 or 15 minutes on any channel, you obviously like the Ray D'arcy show, good luck to ya.
    I'll always tune in for a while every day, part of the reason for that is that it is quite an interesting show, if the presenter wasn't such a wánker it could be a very good show, he gets good guests and covers news in an accessible way(if only he'd keep his opinions in check a little),

I prefer to listen to Tom Dunne but he hasn't the pulling power of Ray for guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

I had a listen for 5 mins to that Colm fella over on RTE2 a couple of weeks ago. Jumping Jesus on a pogostick! He's terrible! He read out a couple of stories to demonstrate 'PC gone mad'. Not one of the stories was in any way about political correctness.
    That's the thing though,the alternatives are not much cop either,choice is fairly limited where i live,

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

@swiper the fox,well we left it on each station for a couple of hours,there is only two or three to pick from so we got a good listen to each,like i said they weren't great either,i preferred darcy years ago when he would play a lot more music,might give tom dunne a blast tomorrow,i thought he was alright when he was on today fm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

If he's going to go off on the evils of alcohol in the workplace route, he might want to have a look at the condition Mairead Farrell presents herself for work in every other Friday. I expect to hear him demanding her be sacked as well...unless he's a populist windbag, and that couldn't be..could it?

Also, the daily anti-Enda Kenny monologue is getting tiresome and predictable at this stage. Wasn't he supposed to leave the country or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If he's going to go off on the evils of alcohol in the workplace route, he might want to have a look at the condition Mairead Farrell presents herself for work in every other Friday. I expect to hear him demanding her be sacked as well...unless he's a populist windbag, and that couldn't be..could it?
    TOTALLY different situation!!

Also, the daily anti-Enda Kenny monologue is getting tiresome and predictable at this stage. Wasn't he supposed to leave the country or something...
    In fairness to him, he did have a point this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

BaZmO* wrote: »
    In fairness to him, he did have a point this morning.

Clearly operating on the "even a stopped clock is right twice a day" principle.

Clearly operating on the "even a stopped clock is right twice a day" principle.

Maybe, but he certainly doesn't do himself any favours by moaning all the time. When something comes along that he genuinely has a case to get a bunt up to his soapbox, it's difficult not to think it's just Ray having his usual 9am moan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Real cutting edge radio today..............."Aggie, how can I keep my white sox white?" FFS, its like the radio version of live at three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭mountain

he ranted about drinking in the dail, describing it as "horrific"!

the murder of the 2 pensioners was horrific, drinking in the dail is not, he loves to get up on the soapbox and have a moan, every fecking morning he has a moan, cant he just enjoy these sunny mornings, come to work, be happy, or does he look for something to moan about, just for the sake of it.

Again today he complained about Kenny, about the dail majority that the government has. For all his talk about the abortion legislation, all his moaning, sighing, not good enough comments, he has no ideas of his own, he never makes a positive comment, always the one to complain about what is wrong, but never the one to have a suggestion to fix it.

thats my moan for today now.....

oh and, I'm 5ft 11....

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

maeve 'f*cking unfunny' higgins.

just like ray, laughing at her own 'jokes'

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

did ray just say 'nobody cares what your kids are doing unless there winning the olymics'.
    you no this is true but you dont take your own advice?!

swiftman wrote: »
    did ray just say 'nobody cares what your kids are doing unless there winning the olymics'.
    you no this is true but you dont take your own advice?!

This morning, he was telling his prisoner that he was explaining to Kate about some athlete who was taking drugs and she said "But that's cheating"....anyone know who Kate is? I think she is six.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    This morning, he was telling his prisoner that he was explaining to Kate about some athlete who was taking drugs and she said "But that's cheating"....anyone know who Kate is? I think she is six.

his daughter.

swiftman wrote: »
    maeve 'f*cking unfunny' higgins.

just like ray, laughing at her own 'jokes'

oh god i thought i was the only one. she's as funny as a famine.she's god awful.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

crazygeryy wrote: »
    his daughter.

Ray has kids? :eek:

:P

crazygeryy wrote: »
    his daughter.

Oh, I did not know that, I never listen to the show....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ray has kids? :eek:

:P

Yes. 250,000 of them !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Mr Ferb

Saw Ray in town last week. He is fookin' tiny!! 5 foot 5 max!! No wonder he is obsessed with height - the freak

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Oh, I did not know that, I never listen to the show....

i know to much about the man tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭el diablo

Mr Ferb wrote: »
    Saw Ray in town last week. He is fookin' tiny!! 5 foot 5 max!! No wonder he is obsessed with height - the freak

And his head is way too big for his body.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

el diablo wrote: »
    And his head is way too big for his body.

They should make a toy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 Mr Ferb

BaZmO* wrote: »
    They should make a toy.

They have. It's called a bobble head fool

Mr Ferb wrote: »
    They have. It's called a bobble head fool

463.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I like a good cut off Ray as much if not better than anyone, not too sure about guys setting up accounts just to have a go at his height though, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the show or this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I like a good cut off Ray as much if not better than anyone, not too sure about guys setting up accounts just to have a go at his height though, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the show or this thread

I'd agree. His own height or appearance hasn't got a whole lot to do with the show in fairness. Unless of course he's bringing it into conversation on a show himself!

The whole drug thing he's talking about now is an important subject, but the weather has me in way too much of a good mood to want to listen to a show about it on the radio!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

There's the Kate and Tom mention for today sorted - good man Ray you got it sorted out in the first hour this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

There would have to be something seriously amiss with you to want to give birth live on the radio. What's worse is the D'arcy team have been bugging the Coombe to let them be present in the delivery suite. Thankfully they've said no but Ray said just there that they are going to keep on at them. Exhibitionism in the extreme

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

There would have to be something seriously amiss with you to want to give birth live on the radio. What's worse is the D'arcy team have been bugging the Coombe to let them be present in the delivery suite. Thankfully they've said no but Ray said just there that they are going to keep on at them. Exhibitionism in the extreme
    What? Is this for real? He'll be granteed to get six months of texts from idiots in bits/tears/emotional.

He came out with the "as a father of two kids" line again. No one cares about other peoples kids!!! It's one of the most boring and annoying things to talk about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement