Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

me too i actually bumped into her in croke park one day and she seemed 100% genuine and friendly, then followed Jimmy Mcgee rambling away talking to the furniture!!

Poor ol jimmy,half the time he probably does not know where he is!!
    My OH would always would look at me like i had ten heads when i would say that Mary Lou wasn't too bad,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mr bungle. wrote: »
    Poor ol jimmy,half the time he probably does not know where he is!!
    My OH would always would look at me like i had ten heads when i would say that Mary Lou wasn't too bad,
    yeah most women are baffled at that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

yeah most women are baffled at that...

And most men, she's a younger version of Mary Harney!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Lelantos wrote: »
    And most men, she's a younger version of Mary Harney!

Ah here! You leave Mary Lou alone!

I would too. ;)

Back to D'Arcy, I heard in the brief bit of the show I listened to this morning that he's getting "Stop, Stop, Eject, Eject!" t-shirts made.

In a way, I suppose you have to admire the fact that he can take the piss out of himself, but at the same time it's kind of baffling that he seems comfortable with not being able to work fairly basic radio equipment after 10+ years presenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Ah here! You leave Mary Lou alone!

I would too. ;)

Back to D'Arcy, I heard in the brief bit of the show I listened to this morning that he's getting "Stop, Stop, Eject, Eject!" t-shirts made.

In a way, I suppose you have to admire the fact that he can take the piss out of himself, but at the same time it's kind of baffling that he seems comfortable with not being able to work fairly basic radio equipment after 10+ years presenting.
    I guess that he must be fairly confident that his job is safe,so he says to himself why bother trying to do my job with any degree of competency

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

gazzer wrote: »
    Eibhlin Cusack seemed like a really good guest. I have never heard outside of her weather forecasts and she seemed like good fun. Of course Ray has to go and keep interuppting her and then like you said go to an Ad break just after he cut her short for the 'important' guest.

She has been on Moncriefs opening half hour segment once or twice, she's well able to talk engagingly when given the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

Ray mentioned the listenership figures today which I think are due soon. If his figures were down he reckons it would mainly be because many of his listeners have emigrated (ie Enda Kenny`s fault). The morning the figures are released poor Enda`s going to be the subject of a major rant methinks

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ray mentioned the listenership figures today which I think are due soon. If his figures were down he reckons it would mainly be because many of his listeners have emigrated (ie Enda Kenny`s fault). The morning the figures are released poor Enda`s going to be the subject of a major rant methinks

He wouldn't be totally wrong either.

I mean, it's not like the opposition are putting forward a decent alternative to account for any potential loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

You're slightly misquoting him there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Coll79

Oh hai there fans....

marylou-2066722.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

No. Just no.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

^^^That Mary Lou picture should be NSFW :(:P

How fascinating is Alex James! Really enjoyed that interview. Seems a really nice, interesting guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

He asked Alex James if he drank wine with his cheese. Top quality research there. Just couldn't believe it.

He asked Alex James if he drank wine with his cheese. Top quality research there. Just couldn't believe it.

He asked him what he drank with cheese... wine or...?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Big test of Rays interviewing skills now with Sean Kelly, will he ask him the million dollar question?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭JP85

I think Ray had a man crush on Alex James there!

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Jason Todd wrote: »
    He asked him what he drank with cheese... wine or...?

He had a problem with alcohol. He has described himself as an alcoholic and borderline alcoholic. It just seems a bit like he never thought about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,868 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Well Ray was only 18 years late with his Blur vs Oasis question.

He'll touch on the doping issue with Kelly but that'll be as much as he'll do - a la his hero Gay Byrne back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Ah Jaysus you're being a bit hard on Ray there, in fairness not everyone drinks wine. And as it turns out, Alex said he preferred beer with wine. I know Ray can ask stupid questions but that one was ok.

Alex came across really well there, I'd say he's dead on.

Sean Kelly still has a grand thick South Tipp accent anyway, seems a very nice man too.

He had a problem with alcohol. He has described himself as an alcoholic and borderline alcoholic. It just seems a bit like he never thought about it.

Never knew that myself. He did say beer though.

• Advertisement

Ray FFS ask him about Paul Kimmage's article on him a couple of weeks ago

It was cough syrup your honour!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I'd say his accent speaking French is priceless!

JM Skipton wrote: »
    It was cough syrup your honour!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

I took a schlug of the cough bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

He didn't ask Kelly the big questions. If he had a politician in with him he would of gone after them while not letting them answer.

Munford and sons ffs I hate them so much since Ray played them three times a day. If daft punk come on before theend of the show I'll break down.

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Ray FFS ask him about Paul Kimmage's article on him a couple of weeks ago

Kimmage has a bee in his bonnet about certain riders, it's definitely bordering on a personal vendetta regarding Kelly.

Kimmage has a bee in his bonnet about certain riders, it's definitely bordering on a personal vendetta regarding Kelly.

Exactly what Lance Armstrong said about him:rolleyes:

BPKS wrote: »
    Exactly what Lance Armstrong said about him:rolleyes:

He said the same things about Wiggins & Froome ;)

He said the same things about Wiggins & Froome ;)

Froome was disqualified from a race 2 years ago for hanging onto a motorcycle while going up a mountain. He's rise to the winner of the Tour in this time has correctly raised some eyebrows.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Or do we just jump on the Team Sky/Team GB bandwagon with closed eyes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Kimmage has carved an unpopular path for himself and until the sport is clean and proven to be clean, his suspicions and investigations are appreciated.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement