Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Also found the texts insulting Geldof pretty awful. I used to think he wad a gob****e type comments. Why does he subject guests to it?

I thought Geldof had some really interesting things to say, but when D'Arcy read those texts out I was like WTF?! Why would you read that out to a guest. Although Geldof's response was funny, but still. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Dtp79 wrote: »
    If it bothers ya so much change the channel
    BEEEP BEEEEP BEEEEEP

(QI style alarm fog horn)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I thought Geldof had some really interesting things to say, but when D'Arcy read those texts out I was like WTF?! Why would you read that out to a guest. Although Geldof's response was funny, but still. :rolleyes:

He could handle it, but an awful lot of them can't. Especially when it is the 'I would' ones. WTF like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

BEEEP BEEEEP BEEEEEP

(QI style alarm fog horn)

I'm sorry I don't speak yuppie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Nothing 'yuppie' about it. He's drawing attention (ina humorous way imo) to the fact that you've said to change the channel, when it's actually against forum rules to say that. Some people don't have the option if they share a radio in work etc.

• Advertisement

"Yuppie"? Haha. Ok Del-Boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Nothing 'yuppie' about it. He's drawing attention (ina humorous way imo) to the fact that you've said to change the channel, when it's actually against forum rules to say that. Some people don't have the option if they share a radio in work etc.

Some don't, but most do, many times people say here they missed something, can we hear it in podcast, where abouts on the podcast is it. And then the abuse starts, I'm sure that's against the charter too

• Site Banned Posts: 31 Maggotz

You do know Darcy is about 5 foot five inches?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tellmesomethin

Maggotz wrote: »
    You do know Darcy is about 5 foot five inches?

This plays on his mind every morning he wakes up. I've heard it said on his show 100 times, possibly more.

What he should be worrying about is why he's trying to dictate to his 18-35 listeners how to live...

He was better with two/three puppets beside him like on the Den although I think they're trying to replicate it with Farrel and his annoying girlfriend. That guy Will is bearable.

This plays on his mind every morning he wakes up. I've heard it said on his show 100 times, possibly more.

What he should be worrying about is why he's trying to dictate to his 18-35 listeners how to live...

He was better with two/three puppets beside him like on the Den although I think they're trying to replicate it with Farrel and his annoying girlfriend. That guy Will is bearable.

Does he admit to his shortness or still claim to be 5' 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Something I've noticed a lot with D'arcy but never mentioned it. When he's wrapping up a conversation with somebody on the phone.

"Bye bye bye bye bye"

Comes across really rude or something. Just the way he says it gets on my nerves a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Heckler

That_Guy wrote: »
    Something I've noticed a lot with D'arcy but never mentioned it. When he's wrapping up a conversation with somebody on the phone.

"Bye bye bye bye bye"

Comes across really rude or something. Just the way he says it gets on my nerves a lot.

It comes across as very dismissive, like he can"t wait to be rid of them. Noticed this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Even though I'm a big fan of Ray he came out with a couple of Alan Partridge corkers this morning while interviewing Jessie J.
    She had lost her voice so she couldn't sing and he says to her "sure without your voice you would be noth....eh ya know what I mean"
    And the best one was saying to her that she looks much older on the telly, now I don't know what women he hangs around with but if I said that to any women I would get a slap.....have to say very funny to listen to:D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

What about him going on and on about Mairead's shorts/hot pants for the whole show? He sounded like a seedy old man. Horrible to listen to. Before anyone asks. No i can't change the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

That_Guy wrote: »

"Bye bye bye bye bye"

I never miss a chance to criticise him, but I think that that's more of an Irish thing in general when ending a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

twice i've heard a guest say "NO" when asked will they hang on til they take a commercial break, does that happen often?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

What about him going on and on about Mairead's shorts/hot pants for the whole show? He sounded like a seedy old man. Horrible to listen to. Before anyone asks. No i can't change the station.

They've even made the website. http://todayfm.com/Maireads-shorts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I never miss a chance to criticise him, but I think that that's more of an Irish thing in general when ending a call?

Don't think so. I only know one person who does it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭6781

He sounded like a seedy old man.
    But he is old and seedy.

• Advertisement

6781 wrote: »
    But he is old and seedy.

And short !

Another thing, when he has a guest on or some random person and then a load of weirdos text in with she/he sounds lovely etc send them on my number. The whole Cilla Black thing he dose of trying to set people up has been done to death at this stage and really boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

I know, another dating segment ffs. I just couldn't stay at the desk listening to it. I wish there was an alternative to this in the morning. It is bloody awful.

He had some fella from Home and Away on the other day and mentioned a "rhinos foreskin" to him. He never fails.

Just on the dating thing this morning. He read out a load of texts during the segment and one of the texts went something along the lines of "Jaysis! Where did you get those 3 lads, they sound like a bunch of desperate losers!"

Now setting aside whether the statement is true or not, why read it out to them. :rolleyes:

Just on the dating thing this morning. He read out a load of texts during the segment and one of the texts went something along the lines of "Jaysis! Where did you get those 3 lads, they sound like a bunch of desperate losers!"

Now setting aside whether the statement is true or not, why read it out to them. :rolleyes:

Because he's a sound lad.

Mod Note: No personal abuse towards presenters

Because he's an arrogant, pompous arsehole.

In fairness to him, the texts are just handed to him to read out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMXRxNbPvGI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

I listened to him interview Heath from home and away. He actually thinks the lads coming over and doing the nightclub circuit and making money is lame he talked down to him. Maybe it is, but why does he get them on his show to talk down to them. He did the same with brax from h&a.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭denishurley

I remember a few months ago there was a debate about child benefit for single mothers being cut or something like that, he read out a text saying that the woman didn't have to get pregnant and then he apologised saying that Will had handed it to him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement