Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ray D'Arcy Show Thread - Mod note Post # 1 Updated

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    In fairness to the guy, he oozes class.
    Oh dear,i thought it was only women that were into him,a bit of a generalization i know,still he seems like a sound chap

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

mr bungle. wrote: »
    Oh dear,i thought it was only women that were into him,a bit of a generalization i know,still he seems like a sound chap

I'm sure what exactly you're reading into my post, but I just think he comes across as a really nice guy. Wouldn't be a huge fan of his music but he's certainly good at what he does. The OH on the other hand is a HUGE fan!

BaZmO* wrote: »
    I'm sure what exactly you're reading into my post, but I just think he comes across as a really nice guy. Wouldn't be a huge fan of his music but he's certainly good at what he does. The OH on the other hand is a HUGE fan!

Yeah same here,the OH is constantly on about him,as much as i try to i find difficult to dislike him though!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Two Tone from Limehouse

Yeah same here,the OH is constantly on about him,as much as i try to i find difficult to dislike him though!!! :)

I HATE D'arcy and his little gang of fans. I really do

I HATE D'arcy and his little gang of fans. I really do

Im on about michael buble!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭tellmesomethin

Im on about michael buble!!

Let's get it back to hating Ray D'arcy.

What a bad interview with Buble. Then he reads out a text, what a great interview Ray. WTF? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Let's get it back to hating Ray D'arcy.

What a bad interview with Buble. Then he reads out a text, what a great interview Ray. WTF? :D

I thought it was a very enjoyable interview, very relaxed interview aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

The absolute shi te ray thinks about on his way to and from work never fails to amaze me, for a self proclaimed atheist he sure does spend a lot of his time talking about the church !!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

he's non stop talk about weddings and stag/hen partys lately. is he getting married?
    of coarse he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭LLU

JM Skipton wrote: »
    I thought it was a very enjoyable interview, very relaxed interview aswell.

Anytime I've seen Buble being interviewed he is just chatty, funny, interesting, charming and completely down to earth. Even this great anti-interviewer would be hard pushed to mess this one up!

(How tall is Buble by the way?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

We have a TV Chef coming on in a minute....how long before RD advises him to "try it with a fried egg on top"

Earlier he had some American running expert on, ray ( a national broadcaster)was telling one of his "amusing" stories. His marathon running friend, came home to find his house being burgled, " My friend, ran after d'young lad, till finally, d'young lad keeled over into a ditch". I can picture the guest saying WTF are you talking about? I would not normally mention something like this, but RD, being pedantic as he is, would be all over this like a rash if it was someone on RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    We have a TV Chef coming on in a minute....how long before RD advises him to "try it with a fried egg on top"

Earlier he had some American running expert on, ray ( a national broadcaster)was telling one of his "amusing" stories. His marathon running friend, came home to find his house being burgled, " My friend, ran after d'young lad, till finally, d'young lad keeled over into a ditch". I can picture the guest saying WTF are you talking about? I would not normally mention something like this, but RD, being pedantic as he is, would be all over this like a rash if it was someone on RTE.
    like tubs asking jack black was he "always actin the maggot down the back of the class"
    jack black: "huh?"

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

There is nothing worse than Ray going through the papers first thing morning. He gives the nation words of wisdom. Awful.

He just started singing/roaring at the top of a song there. Please can 12:00pm come!! Work + D'Arcy. Brutal.

I'm going for 9:40 for his first mistake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

D'arcy is soooo ignorant, he just cut short a conversation with Eibhlin Cusack as he 'has an important guest' .... And then went to an Ad break

And then went to a song ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

And the guest is.......

Mary Lou McDonald

(Mary who only joined Sinn Fein after she failed to receive the nomination from Fianna Fáil)

More Government bashing from D'arcy the credit bubble stoking Fianna Fáil lover

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Mistake bang on 9:40

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭statto25

Mistake bang on 9:40

God Almighty. Will Hanafin....Is that You?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Let her talk!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

my friend wrote: »
    D'arcy is soooo ignorant, he just cut short a conversation with Eibhlin Cusack as he 'has an important guest' .... And then went to an Ad break

And then went to a song ...

Eibhlin Cusack seemed like a really good guest. I have never heard outside of her weather forecasts and she seemed like good fun. Of course Ray has to go and keep interuppting her and then like you said go to an Ad break just after he cut her short for the 'important' guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Let her talk!!!!

He asks a question and as soon as she starts answering, he cuts across with another question. Frustrating stuff to be listening to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

So during the week Ray was telling a story about his illegal parking to go interview Michael Buble and how he tried to get out of it when an Inspector from AGS questioned him about it.

He said he was trying to let the Garda know he was "the" Ray Darcy, to see if that's help him get out of it.

He did get out of it too!

It sounds like the kind of thing he would lambast "out of touch" politicians about.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Mary Lou could gut him like a fish at will , he even sounds nervous talking to her. She has a far superior intellect, wish he'd stop offering his opinion and let her talk

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Mary Lou could gut him like a fish at will , he even sounds nervous talking to her. She has a far superior intellect, wish he'd stop offering his opinion and let her talk

I think Ray needs to realise that the only reason he gets the guests that he does is because of his listenership figures and not his Paxman-esque interviewing skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

And straight to Killanascully mode!! One of his first questions to her, verbatim
    "So, what about yer man pullin yer wan on to his lap?". I know its not the BBC World Service but ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Wonder will he ask about her calling Enda Kenny a dick in the dáil?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Didn't hear the interview so I missed what height Mary Lou is.....

Darsey must have a leaderboard for heights, like Jeremy Clarkeson's star in a car one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Yep, I actually always had a bit of a thing for Mary Lou and the older she gets the more attractive she seems to be getting. In short I would love to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

TBP wrote: »
    Yep, I actually always had a bit of a thing for Mary Lou and the older she gets the more attractive she seems to be getting. In short I would love to.

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beerholder;)

TBP wrote: »

Ha ha same here:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,938 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ha ha same here:)
    me too i actually bumped into her in croke park one day and she seemed 100% genuine and friendly, then followed Jimmy Mcgee rambling away talking to the furniture!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement