Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

few cash game hands, opinions?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

ligger wrote:
    Dougee,

I'd look for my money back on this hand. 2 of the same card is usually not allowed AFAIK. ;)
    i wrote out the hh because i dont have any written ****, i have pictures for it if u wanna see, plus my opponents would be pretty happy telling you all of my stories

at the moment im druunk and playingf 1/2 on pp. was up 100 but the called when i knew i was behined.....
    i know what im doing wrong, im making the right reads, but i enver ever follow them, i need to beable tyo lay hands down more, i think thats where im going wrong anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Dougee,
    Really, I would advise you to drop down while you tilt. I had a similar storyline to you around abouts last June. I went on a serious run and went from playing 1/2 and 2/4 to beating the 5/10 and 10/20 games on tribeca in the space of about two weeks. Made approx 20k in the month. Naturally the confidence was high. I felt I could win a hand with any two... and this was true for a while. But the players at that level soon figured me out, and my 62o was finding it more difficult to push an overpair off the board :D
    Anyway, the lesson was that after making that 20k in a month, I lost almost half that in the space of 5 days playing badly and tilting at that level. Eventually I made the sensible decision to drop down to .50/1 and tilt another 1k there before quitting poker for about 3 weeks.
    Honestly, either drop down or take a break. You'll seriously regret the situation you're getting yourself into.*
    Regards,
    James

*Of course, non of this applies if your rich business man and ur just having the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

that poker edge thing is gas....I'm a bomb on one site, a shark on another and a rock on another yet again

jimbling wrote:
    Dougee,
    Really, I would advise you to drop down while you tilt. I had a similar storyline to you around abouts last June. I went on a serious run and went from playing 1/2 and 2/4 to beating the 5/10 and 10/20 games on tribeca in the space of about two weeks. Made approx 20k in the month. Naturally the confidence was high. I felt I could win a hand with any two... and this was true for a while. But the players at that level soon figured me out, and my 62o was finding it more difficult to push an overpair off the board :D
    Anyway, the lesson was that after making that 20k in a month, I lost almost half that in the space of 5 days playing badly and tilting at that level. Eventually I made the sensible decision to drop down to .50/1 and tilt another 1k there before quitting poker for about 3 weeks.
    Honestly, either drop down or take a break. You'll seriously regret the situation you're getting yourself into.*
    Regards,
    James

*Of course, non of this applies if your rich business man and ur just having the craic

no im a dropout student.....
    and i actually realised why i was tilting, a problem in my life had kinda affected me without me really paying much attention, was just focusing on poker, made me play badly and not follow my reads, just never laid down a hand. i changed my lifestyle lately now, getting a new number so my stalker(oh yeah) will leave me alone, and i also have started to get my regular sleeping patterns back into order. along with going to bed at the right times :)
    sorry, im just in the mood today, lol
    i dropped down to 3/6 last night and made no mistakes in my eyes, admittedly i got very lucky in a big hand but on the whole last night i played ok, better than what i have been doing in the past week, im still trying to get back on the form i once was,.
    i never claimed to be a great player but i do think i am capable of taking on the 5/10 game and not be at a major disadvantage, i hope that i ament wrong about this anyway
    im going to start a new blog about my 10k into 100k over the summer and have a link on here somewhere, hopefully i wont cock up too much and i'll try and keep it updated as much as possible because i have gotten a few emails asking to keep them updated about interesting hands and my blogs(the ones i have now are for myself mainly, just keeping track)

3 hands from last night, let me know what ye think..
    (other 2 hands will be put up in the next 30 minutes, having troubles with my slow comp, will just edit post)

Green Joke Poker real 3/6 iPoker Converter from Talking-Poker

saw flop|saw showdown

1 (Button) ****Me****You ($594.45)
    3 dontcryplz ($1234.13)
    5 michaeld18 ($248.75)
    6 Glynski ($454.78)
    8 boye31 ($661.14)
    10 alwaysbluffin1 ($1292)

Preflop: michaeld18 is in seat 5 with 4diamond.gif 6diamond.gif
    4 folds, dontcryplz raises to 17, michaeld18 calls 14.

Flop (40) 2heart.gif 7club.gif Qclub.gif
    dontcryplz bets 32, michaeld18 calls 32.

Turn (104) 3heart.gif
    dontcryplz checks, michaeld18 checks.

River (104) 8club.gif
    dontcryplz checks, michaeld18 bets 70

michaeld18 shows 4diamond.gif 6diamond.gif

michaeld18 wins 174 with High card: Queen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

floating there bvb and your stack size is fine imo but you have to bet the turn if your gonna do this

cant edit because i can only have 15 images in one post

saw flop|saw showdown

1 (Button) michaeld18 ($869.52)
    2 pokerfalls ($819.85)
    5 gary2good4u ($363.55)
    6 rewere ($565.39)
    7 johnky ($69)
    9 alwaysbluffin1 ($519.50)
    10 pytonarms ($358.92)

Preflop: michaeld18 is in seat 1 with Tspade.gif 8diamond.gif
    3 folds, pytonarms raises to 12, michaeld18 calls 12, pokerfalls calls 9, gary2good4u calls 6.

Flop (48) 9spade.gif Jspade.gif Qspade.gif
    pokerfalls checks, gary2good4u checks, pytonarms checks, michaeld18 bets 30, 1 fold, gary2good4u calls 30, 1 fold.

Turn (108) 4heart.gif
    gary2good4u checks, michaeld18 bets 75, gary2good4u calls 75.

River (258) 8spade.gif
    gary2good4u checks, michaeld18 moves all-in for 752.52, gary2good4u moves all-in for 246.55

michaeld18 shows Tspade.gif 8diamond.gif
    gary2good4u shows Aspade.gif 2spade.gif

michaeld18 wins 1257.07 with Straight Flush (Spades) with Queen high

here i think that i just got lucky, didnt think i played it badly, just got really really lucky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Your opp played that terribly.

What would you have done if a 5s fell on river and he checked into you?

5s on the river, a definate check
    but if it wasnt a spade i obviously would say now that i would have checked, and to be honest i was worried he had what he had, but i havent been following my reads lately, so more than likely if the 5h came on the river i would have bet into it, not 100% sure but there would have been a chance...
    just the 2 check calls by the tightest played on the table(he literally played 3 hands in 38 minutes), i might have actually resisted the temptation, but i'll never know

• Registered Users Posts: 36,158 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

lol, whats wrong with those plays so??
    if you're going to criticise my plays at least do it by criticising the hand....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

youshould fold preflop and bet more on the flop, but neither of these are *huge* mistakes

the river is an easy value shove on a blank given his stack

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

dougee19 wrote:
    im going to start a new blog about my 10k into 100k over the summer and have a link on here somewhere, hopefully i wont cock up too much and i'll try and keep it updated as much as possible because i have gotten a few emails asking to keep them updated about interesting hands and my blogs(the ones i have now are for myself mainly, just keeping track)

boards' very own Bluescouse.

both of these hands i am only calling for position, 46 i wasnt hoping to hit, just try and steal the pot and then show(which i did) and create my normal loose image,
    the 10-8 hand... are all of ye seriously saying you wouldnt call a min raise on the button with 10-8???????

and i need to know who this bluescouse is, ive been called him and some irish cash game dude a lot on this site, not sure which way to take it....
    can anyone link me to info about either of them? im not a fan of forums or poker chat really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

and i need to know who this bluescouse is, ive been called him and some irish cash game dude a lot on this site, not sure which way to take it....
    can anyone link me to info about either of them? im not a fan of forums or poker chat really
    http://88percent.blogspot.com/

saw flop|saw showdown

5 (Button) boye31 ($531.65)
    6 michaeld18 ($279)
    8 DemBones ($844.25)
    10 monty19 ($111)
    1 jervas ($677.10)
    3 CaptainJinx ($1326.07)

Preflop: michaeld18 is in seat 6 with Qdiamond.gif Qheart.gif
    monty19 raises to 24, jervas calls 24, 2 folds, michaeld18 raises to 100, 1 fold, monty19 calls 79, jervas calls 79.

Flop (315) Tclub.gif Theart.gif 6heart.gif
    michaeld18 moves all-in for 176, monty19 moves all-in for 8, jervas calls 176.

Turn (675) Jdiamond.gif

River (675) Aspade.gif

jervas shows Jheart.gif Jclub.gif
    michaeld18 shows Qdiamond.gif Qheart.gif
    monty19 shows 4club.gif 4heart.gif

jervas wins 675 with A fullhouse, Jack's and Ten's

i am now majorlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy blowing off the rest of my roll... oops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

dougee19 wrote:
    i am now majorlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy blowing off the rest of my roll... oops

ipoker? hmm, i can't find you.. :)

ive lost most of it to the guy to my right, only 180 left, 3/6(NP) nivelles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Vamos

your doing alright now after that 99!

• Advertisement

yeah i mentioned that in the other post, sickening stuff, good comment after trhough, was laughing atthat one for a while
    dem bones dem bones need calcium, absolute classic(ps sick call by me prefloop, lol.) if i was sober... id do the same, haha
    19.99, good raise though, comment on any hands you see me play horribly, 35 earlier was a disgrace, was playing it bad, he hit the nuts then, turned into a horrible play as he couldnt let the nuts go, couldnt lay it down like, ffs

on waiting list.. you gonna bust someone quick so i can get me some action?

i'll try, but i cant promise anything as i normally go bust no matter what i do

edit: seems like my name is preceding me, think thats the word
    noone on a waiting list on any other table, 3 on this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Vamos

DemBones: nice catch u fu*king/ retard
    michaeld18: thank you mr dem bones
    michaeld18: dem bones dem bones need calcium

Classic lol.

i seriously need my bed but this stuff is too hilarious to miss..

dougee you should inquire about getting a sponsorship of some sort, you've made quite the name for yourself..

i need my bed too but i am enjoying messing with this guy too much, if he leaves im following him!!!
    find out where he lives, buy the poor lad some milk...
    they like to overbet, lol..... i dont like it, i like my cheap cards, i wouldnt mind a triple up with 23 here, im going to make a play soon, watch my chips go byebye, dont forget to comment whenever i get out of the loose phase and raise some more
    im outplaying that fool to my left though, min raised that fool

saw flop|saw showdown

1 (Button) boye31 ($561)
    3 GloryOfTheShame ($564.45)
    5 Stonesman ($436.41)
    6 michaeld18 ($1538.83)
    8 unclenedskids ($1018)
    10 Tof59 ($998)

Preflop: michaeld18 is in seat 6 with 9diamond.gif Qclub.gif
    michaeld18 calls 6, unclenedskids calls 6, 1 fold, boye31 calls 6, GloryOfTheShame calls 3, Stonesman checks.

Flop (30) 9heart.gif 7heart.gif 5diamond.gif
    GloryOfTheShame bets 24, 1 fold, michaeld18 calls 24, unclenedskids calls 24, 1 fold.

Turn (102) 7spade.gif
    GloryOfTheShame checks, michaeld18 checks, unclenedskids checks.

River (102) Tclub.gif
    GloryOfTheShame bets 90

michaeld18 folded 9diamond.gif Qclub.gif

i was thinking about this one for a while after it happened..... was trying to put him on a hand, apart from an obv house really...
    he was an aggressive player and it was in the position he is in there, doesnt get aggressive in position, normally out of position but had the goods in all bar one hand when called.....
    i couldnt call cause it was too much and a player behind etc etc

just curious, what would you put him on??
    i never found out

probably should have called, cost me here, didnt buy it

saw flop|saw showdown

5 (Button) Stonesman ($458.61)
    6 michaeld18 ($1499.93)
    8 unclenedskids ($1024)
    10 Tof59 ($1037)
    1 boye31 ($535.95)
    3 GloryOfTheShame ($591)

Preflop: michaeld18 is in seat 6 with Kheart.gif Aspade.gif
    Tof59 calls 6, 1 fold, GloryOfTheShame calls 6, Stonesman calls 6, michaeld18 raises to 29, 1 fold, Tof59 calls 26, GloryOfTheShame calls 26, 1 fold.

Flop (108) Jheart.gif Kdiamond.gif Adiamond.gif
    michaeld18 bets 80, 1 fold, GloryOfTheShame calls 80.

Turn (268) Tdiamond.gif
    michaeld18 checks, GloryOfTheShame bets 150, michaeld18 moves all-in for 1387.93, GloryOfTheShame moves all-in for 329.

River (2134.93) 7club.gif

GloryOfTheShame shows 4diamond.gif 3diamond.gif
    michaeld18 shows Kheart.gif Aspade.gif

GloryOfTheShame wins 2134.93 with Flush (Diamonds) with Ace high

saw flop|saw showdown

3 (Button) f1amer ($519.70)
    5 Stonesman ($572.36)
    6 michaeld18 ($1050.13)
    8 unclenedskids ($1062.05)
    10 Tof59 ($683.05)
    1 boye31 ($557.95)

Preflop: michaeld18 is in seat 6 with Aclub.gif Jdiamond.gif
    unclenedskids calls 6, 2 folds, f1amer calls 6, Stonesman calls 3, michaeld18 raises to 25, unclenedskids calls 25, 2 folds.

Flop (74) 3spade.gif 5diamond.gif 6club.gif
    michaeld18 bets 52, unclenedskids calls 52.

Turn (178) Qspade.gif
    michaeld18 checks, unclenedskids bets 42, michaeld18 raises to 110, unclenedskids calls 68.

River (398) Jheart.gif
    michaeld18 checks, unclenedskids checks

michaeld18 shows Aclub.gif Jdiamond.gif
    unclenedskids shows Qclub.gif Kclub.gif

unclenedskids wins 398 with One pair, Queen

i dont know what i could have done here tbh,.... gave up on the river, he always calls flop with overcards, calling turn showed he had queen, nothing else i could do..... any suggestions about the hand?

• Advertisement

saw flop|saw showdown

7 (Button) dalael ($612)
    9 lovefrance ($710.10)
    10 alwaysbluffin1 ($684.85)
    1 georgieb ($209)
    2 McSan007 ($123.30)
    4 TKO76 ($2067.60)
    5 michaeld18 ($532.30)
    6 ech66 ($160.65)

Preflop: michaeld18 is in seat 5 with 5diamond.gif 8diamond.gif
    georgieb raises to 12, 2 folds, michaeld18 calls 12, ech66 calls 12, 3 folds.

Flop (45) 6spade.gif Kclub.gif 4diamond.gif
    georgieb bets 24, michaeld18 calls 24, 1 fold.

Turn (93) 5heart.gif
    georgieb bets 54, michaeld18 calls 54.

River (201) Adiamond.gif
    georgieb bets 90, michaeld18 calls 90

georgieb shows Jspade.gif 9heart.gif
    michaeld18 shows 5diamond.gif 8diamond.gif

michaeld18 wins 381 with One pair, Five

am i the only one here that would call???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement