Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

few cash game hands, opinions?

Options
  • 25-04-2007 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

i dont see much wrong with these hands, just wondering what ye think

78-just thought he was at it

qj- top pair good kicker, cant lay that down

62, 2 flush draws and a straight draw, odds were there, a lot of outs no matter what

ak-couldnt lay it down, bad call

kj, didnt think he'd play an overpair that aggresively, was watching how he played the whole night and he never raised fast when he had a big hand, but this time it was instant all in, just put the two of them together and called

k10, i couldnt let him steal my blind, he seemed like a loose player because of his name. i thought it was good, then hit the king on the river, schooled him

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

wow, they are impossible to read

type them out manually if you want responses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

when you have to pictures open, maximize the screen, and then maximise the picture, there should be a button on the bottom right to maximize it,
    if you save them they are proper size so you can see them then
    plus i think pictures are better than words

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Did u call $250 on the river of the last hand with Ace high? Not sure how these hands went.

Don't see any flush draw on the 62 hand.

87 is pretty horrible.

For the QJ hand I'm surprised you say "top pair good kicker, can't lay that down" Why can't you? You beat J10 on the flop.

Alot of gambooool for 5/10.

yeah i did, bad call,thought it would make my table image more looser
    plus i thought i was ahead, obvious bad read

yeah i had 2 flush draws, not one....
    my diamonds were dominated, cold decked, but my clubs were live
    yeah 87 was bad, wasnt beating anything, just thought he had ace high, wasnt thinking, not enough time, :)
    so i called

• Advertisement

plus my table image really went down after that, worked out well, made $350 on the next table i played, good plan worked out, plus my image will be bad for a while now, so can take advantage of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Now I get it, I'm a bit tipsy here and was scratching my head. You should play on Stars where they have avatar's so you can get reads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

wow I have to start playing on I poker

Never ever play 62 off from any position under any circumstance

87 hand is fine up until river which you should fold

QJ raise first time around and check call the flop, you are pretty much turning your hand into a bluff by check raising

KJ fold preflop, this is a horrible horrible hand to be calling raises with. the flop is a really easy flat call - the same concept as above

AK should be 3 bet preflop, river call is v bad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

in hand 1 did you get all in with 62o against AQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

First hand you call a raise with 62o? And you're playing 5/10?? WHAT???

Rest of the hands just seem bad. Really bad. You seem like a bad player.

• Advertisement

Just to confirm - wtf?

Its too hard to follow the action, id have to stop playing to follow them. If you want comments your going to have to type them out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Hi Dougee, these hands would suggest to me that you're playing far too high for your current skill level (i actually thought this thread was a joke at first)

There are really bad mistakes in every hand.

My best advice would be to move down in levels until your understanding of the game is better. That is unless you can afford to lose whatever money you play with at 5/10.

yeah, saw him do it with 42 and 52 earlier, didnt think i was in too bad a position, he didnt have an overpair, he didnt seem to be that type, i thought at worst i was 70/30

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I'm still 50-50 as to the seriousness of this thread.

valor wrote:
    wow I have to start playing on I poker

Never ever play 62 off from any position under any circumstance

87 hand is fine up until river which you should fold

QJ raise first time around and check call the flop, you are pretty much turning your hand into a bluff by check raising

KJ fold preflop, this is a horrible horrible hand to be calling raises with. the flop is a really easy flat call - the same concept as above

AK should be 3 bet preflop, river call is v bad

i was schooled with 62 earlier, and later that night, so had to do it back, karma

87 yeah i know, but i just got too attached to it, bad play there

qj, i played against him a lot, and he is very loose, just didnt think he had it and wanted to push him off overcards rather than flat calling,

kj, didnt think i played it badly, wanted to get the money in ahead rather than giving him free cards to catch up

ak, i dont know....

First hand you call a raise with 62o? And you're playing 5/10?? WHAT???

Rest of the hands just seem bad. Really bad. You seem like a bad player.

create a table image, not a horrible call

dougee19 wrote:
    yeah, saw him do it with 42 and 52 earlier, didnt think i was in too bad a position, he didnt have an overpair, he didnt seem to be that type, i thought at worst i was 70/30

There's this cash game on Monday??

If this was a typed HH, I would see this as a piss take, but with SS's it's hard to see at as anything but true.

Did you win the lotto or something? These are the kind of mistakes you don't see at 50/1, let alone 5/10.

I think you must have a problem if you're playing these levels. And I'm being 100% serious.

dougee19 wrote:
    i was schooled with 62 earlier, and later that night, so had to do it back, karma

87 yeah i know, but i just got too attached to it, bad play there

qj, i played against him a lot, and he is very loose, just didnt think he had it and wanted to push him off overcards rather than flat calling,

kj, didnt think i played it badly, wanted to get the money in ahead rather than giving him free cards to catch up

ak, i dont know....

your thinking is wrong, valor is right in what he says

ianmc38 wrote:
    Hi Dougee, these hands would suggest to me that you're playing far too high for your current skill level (i actually thought this thread was a joke at first)

There are really bad mistakes in every hand.

My best advice would be to move down in levels until your understanding of the game is better. That is unless you can afford to lose whatever money you play with at 5/10.

im actually just down from 10/20 and 25/50, so just calming down here....
    and i can afford to lose this money, i just dont want to....
    keep in mind these are some of the hands i played badly, none of the good hands are up here

• Advertisement

dougee19 wrote:
    im actually just down from 10/20 and 25/50, so just calming down here....
    and i can afford to lose this money, i just dont want to....
    keep in mind these are some of the hands i played badly, none of the good hands are up here

How old are you? When did these hands take place?

took place in the last few nights, last 2 i think, most of them tonight

No offence, but how can you be playing 10/20 and 25/50, yet you can't even post a proper HH?

Just came into some money and discovered poker?

they're written on the top of the screen, top of the images i mean

dougee19 wrote:
    they're written on the top of the screen, top of the images i mean

How long have you been playing poker? How much was your inital deposit? What's your bankroll?

Please answer all question's if possible.

i can write proper hand history, but personally i'd rather see the pictures than read, maybe because im slow or maybe just because im used to it....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

dougee19 wrote:
    ok this is defo a windup

a few more hands, thanks for the help, :)

jj, couldnt lay them down, i thought he either had a set or nothing, and didnt believe he had a set.... bad read again

9-10, check on the turn confused me....

j7, thought i was good here, small pot, but id normally call here, wouldnt mind knowing what others would do?

k-10, bad play getting lucky, wanted to gamble

q-10, ridiculous play there, was going on a buddies tip that he was loose, so i called over 500 with q-10 no flush draw, i blame the drink for this one, no excuses for this at all at all, and i know im gonna get so much stick for this one, worst played ive ever made id say

redzerdrog wrote:
    ok this is defo a windup
    its not like i thought he had 52 or 42, i just mean he was loose when he pushed, and was showing for some reason, so i just said to myself "screw it" and peeled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

I can barely follow those crappy iPoker hand histories when they're my own and I've just played the hand, never mind trying to see what happened in these hands. Even just copy and paste your PT HH if you don't want to write out the HH, and am I reading this right, you're just dropping down to 5/10 from 25/50 to calm down!!

Do you have a BR of over $100k or just doing a little level hopping/spinning money up?? Or are you really bluescouse in disguise??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement