Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Emporium cash game league final two weeks!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

well done noel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

ollyk1 wrote:
    Edit: I'd love to hear the views of people who started with big stacks in this game on what effect it had on their play. I had a feeling it would put a lot of additional pressure to convert the above average stack into a big money finish and from what I could see it definitely had an impact in some cases.

I thought about this Olly.

Eamonn, Mick and Chief started with massive chip stacks. Cant think who else?

You should have knocked Chief out earlier and its hardly a surprise that he went south.

Mick was crippled by me twice - assuming he had JJ in the AA hand then its a cooler - if he had air and was trying to take me off it then there may be a case of spewage due to chip stack.

Eamonn had AA cracked by A6 when one of the worst players in the place (i dont know him but by god he is bad) after calling a raise preflop he called a decent bet on a missed flop and again on the turn when he picked up a 6 only to catch another 6 on the river and cripple Eamonn. He then got back into it and exited 12th or so.

To be fair to the lads i dont see how they could have done it much different - ok they may have placed themselves under pressure to finish high but I dont think it affected their play in the critical hands which ultimately crippled them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

I started with a decent stack and for some reason felt onliged to try and get every chip on the table in 5 minutes.This ended when Noel turned a higher two pair and I blew up.I got my final 30 bb lol! in with the aa(aka j5 sooted) on a kj7 flop.His kj held up despite me being a mathemetical favourite to win the hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭baker1

I got up to 12k early then misplayed AK against Halfbaked to drop to 6k. Got it back to 11 again then had to pay off a shortstack with QT sooted. I managed to give my last 7k to Vera with 77 against her TT. Got €200 which was quickly spunked along with some more

I'm on the way to woodies now to buy a spirt level now [Rigged Game]. Paris is well off the agenda now but i may be paying a trip to malahide!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Things are pretty quiet starting off and i pick up a couple of small pots, im just tipping away and then I get involved in my first big pot, Im BB and after a few limpers I pot it to 500 with AA, Mickste calls and then on a 9 high flop he check raises me to the max after i had bet the max - so he has bet 4800 and I insta push for c.7,200. As IanMc pointed out I had an overpair (d nuts) so was never in danger.. My push might have seemed quick but any hand that Mick has that beats me he isnt check raising me with on the flop, he slows down with a set or two pair and bleeds me dry. I didnt think he could fold with all that was in the middle but he did? A couple of hands later im playing my rush when I call a raise from Super Spewy from the Button with AsJs, flop A 8 9, and he bets 1,200, I decide to call and reassess on the turn which is a 6 and he puts in another stern bet and I fold realising im beating nothing - he shows AA for a flopped set - I was happy to get away losing a small amount from that pot.
    !

LOL @ this and imo was a very good lay-down considering the player your up against.... wp

Nice result Noel and halfbaked, ul Olliek...

Was thinking about this since last night and wanted peoples opinion / views on this... its after the break and your man Ray [oul lad and is usually pissed] gets moved to my table, seems quiet for a bit then looses a couple of pots and starts being arrogant and rude, then starts to dog people and his reaction is to start banging the table and saying your nothing NOW BYE BYE... not to me mind but to a couple of other players that took it very well and just said GG and walked....
    Me personally this really pissed me off even the dealer said to him thats not called for and not to happen again which it did..... ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Was thinking about this since last night and wanted peoples opinion / views on this... its after the break and your man Ray [oul lad and is usually pissed] gets moved to my table, seems quiet for a bit then looses a couple of pots and starts being arrogant and rude, then starts to dog people and his reaction is to start banging the table and saying your nothing NOW BYE BYE... not to me mind but to a couple of other players that took it very well and just said GG and walked....
    Me personally this really pissed me off even the dealer said to him thats not called for and not to happen again which it did..... ???

I detest the man. Never have I come across anybody so self centred with such a high degree of misplaced arrogance in my life. He is one of the only players in the SE that I have no time for and have no desire to ever engage with.

He owes a certain regular lady a few hundred quid in there and when asked for it more or less accosted her for in some respects having the cheek to request it back. His sign off being that he was about to sell a house in sligo and would pay her once that was done. You couldnt make it up. Take from that what you will.

I detest the man. Never have I come across anybody so self centred with such a high degree of misplaced arrogance in my life. He is one of the only players in the SE that I have no time for and have no desire to ever engage with.

He owes a certain regular lady a few hundred quid in there and when asked for it more or less accosted her for in some respects having the cheek to request it back. His sign off being that he was about to sell a house in sligo and would pay her once that was done. You couldnt make it up. Take from that what you will.

Ditto.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Oh yes my bad. KK once at the perfect time to knock out the one and only Chief Brody.

He told me I was shít at trigonometry as well as making various blowjob signals at me all night. I'm not sure if he was propositioning me or what he was up to. Before he left I commended him for the best combover i've seen in years. I'll put a €100 bounty on his kneecaps at the next SE tourney for anyone interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

ianmc38 wrote:
    Oh yes my bad. KK once at the perfect time to knock out the one and only Chief Brody.

Did you not have AA as well?:confused:

• Advertisement

LOL @ this and imo was a very good lay-down considering the player your up against.... wp

Nice result Noel and halfbaked, ul Olliek...

He is pretty much the only person who frequents the SE that I hate having at my table. I quite seriously think he has some mental issues.

At one point he "put a player all in" and while the person was thinking he starts reciting some poetry out loud. I jokingly ask can we get a ruling on the speachplay, the table starts breaks out laughing. He grab my elbow and gave me a look that could kill, muttering something or other. It was sooo worth it.:D

Final Table which also includes boardsies Halfbaked and OllyK and in truth its a pretty mixed bunch of players. Big hand early on, 10 hands into the FT. Im SB, Halfbaked open raises UTG to 10k (Blinds 2/4), folded back to the button who goes all in for 13k (Button is cash game regular Martin - he always has a decent holding here imo 1010+ AQ+, with an orbit to go he is not throwing his chips in for value. I squeeze my cards - Ah (oh baby - could it be?), Kh, that will do me - All In. Peter looks like somebody has ran from afar and kicked him in the bollix. After a minute or so he folds QQ face up, Martin tables AQ and mhig with an A on the river to help Peter sleep better. I think this is a quite an interesting hand and one worthy of discussion maybe in a seperate thread.

The facts are slightly out. The blinds at that stage were 1.5K/3K and I make it 10K from UTG, Martin then goes all in for 13.5K. Then Noel decides to go all in (who has me covered). Basically I fell he only has one of three hand here AK/KK/AA. He's folding AQ- and JJ- in my opinion which means I'm racing at best, otherwise I'm crushed.

If I fold I still have 8 bbs and 4/5 donks (and they are!) left on the FT. With a tourney like a cash league there's rarely a 'winner' and a deal is often done 4/5 handed. If I call and lose I win 500 (which is the same money 19th got). If I fold and wait for a better spot I think I can pick up chips and increase my share of the split.

As it turned out very next hand Ray mini raises UTG and it's folded around to me on the BB. I look down at AK and ship it in, Ray insta calls with A9o and I double up. From there on in it was plain sailing until the deal was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I'm in mourning after playing the worst poker hand of my life in the SE cash game tournament last night. I've played a few bad hands in my time but the one i played last night is going to take me a while to get over.

My previous poker low was at the IPT FT last year. Blinds are 3k/6k. Folded to me on the button and i make it 18k with 53. The BB makes it 58k and i push for 175k. He calls with 66 and i'm down to 27k 3 hands in the FT. That hand took me a while to get over but last nights hand was far worse for a number of reasons.

I'd just got moved to a new table with included Halfbaked, Mickste, BCB and Ollyk1. Didn't mind the challenge as i knew my play would be respected by the majority of the table.

Anyway about 5 hands in, Jimmy F the taxi man made a horrendous laydown against BCB, so he steamingly raises the next hand UTG to 1200 (blinds are 200/400). I have 2 black 10's and make it 3200 (playing 8.5k), hoping to get it allin against Jimmy.

Halfbaked on my imediate left dwells a little and flat calls my 3200. Alarm bells anyone?? Folded around to Jimmy and he mucks. The flop comes K43. Action on me.....

Every single person on here, including me, thinks this is a check/fold as Halfbaked has only 1 hand here...AA. He raises preflop with KK,QQ and AK is a rasie or fold preflop. He mucks everything else. I respect Pete's play more than any player that i play against on the Dublin scene so this is a really easy laydown.

So what do i do...i bet 4k into the pot about 3 seconds after the flop is turned over and HB pushes. I still have no idea where the bet came from..i have no idea why i bet..I contemplate folding and leaving 1.5k behind but its 1.5k to win 17k and i have to call. Obviously HB has Aces and i'm gone..

I sat there for about 2-3 minutes astounded by the way i played. I'm sure the rest of the table were just as shocked as me. Sick feeling and a moment of madness in a tournament that was there for the taking, or at least a deep finish. I then donked away 500 in the cash game before heading home disgusted. Gonna take some time off and learn the basic fundamentals of poker again...

At least Halfbaked put my chips to some use which i'm glad about. Well done to HB, BCB and John

HalfBaked wrote:
    Did you not have AA as well?:confused:

Yeah I got "AA" a few times alright. Also a good few "KKs" and "QQs".

ianmc38 wrote:
    He told me I was shít at trigonometry as well as making various blowjob signals at me all night. I'm not sure if he was propositioning me or what he was up to. Before he left I commended him for the best combover i've seen in years. I'll put a €100 bounty on his kneecaps at the next SE tourney for anyone interested.

yeroooooo ill be up for this, actually after some consideration [like 2min's] i know a friend of a friend that will do it for absolutely NOTHING....

Ian FU@KTARD comes to mind......:D
    halfbaked wrote:
    He is pretty much the only person who frequents the SE that I hate having at my table. I quite seriously think he has some mental issues.

i think he has cirrhosis of the liver and its having a detrimental effect on his puny little brain....

Flushdraw wrote:
    I'm in mourning after playing the worst poker hand of my life in the SE cash game tournament last night. I've played a few bad hands in my time but the one i played last night is going to take me a while to get over.

My previous poker low was at the IPT FT last year. Blinds are 3k/6k. Folded to me on the button and i make it 18k with 53. The BB makes it 58k and i push for 175k. He calls with 66 and i'm down to 27k 3 hands in the FT. That hand took me a while to get over but last nights hand was far worse for a number of reasons.

I'd just got moved to a new table with included Halfbaked, Mickste, BCB and Ollyk1. Didn't mind the challenge as i knew my play would be respected by the majority of the table.

Anyway about 5 hands in, Jimmy F the taxi man made a horrendous laydown against BCB, so he steamingly raises the next hand UTG to 1200 (blinds are 200/400). I have 2 black 10's and make it 3200 (playing 8.5k), hoping to get it allin against Jimmy.

Halfbaked on my imediate left dwells a little and flat calls my 3200. Alarm bells anyone?? Folded around to Jimmy and he mucks. The flop comes K43. Action on me.....

Every single person on here, including me, thinks this is a check/fold as Halfbaked has only 1 hand here...AA. He raises preflop with KK,QQ and AK is a rasie or fold preflop. He mucks everything else. I respect Pete's play more than any player that i play against on the Dublin scene so this is a really easy laydown.

So what do i do...i bet 4k into the pot about 3 seconds after the flop is turned over and HB pushes. I still have no idea where the bet came from..i have no idea why i bet..I contemplate folding and leaving 1.5k behind but its 1.5k to win 17k and i have to call. Obviously HB has Aces and i'm gone..

I sat there for about 2-3 minutes astounded by the way i played. I'm sure the rest of the table were just as shocked as me. Sick feeling and a moment of madness in a tournament that was there for the taking, or at least a deep finish. I then donked away 500 in the cash game before heading home disgusted. Gonna take some time off and learn the basic fundamentals of poker again...

At least Halfbaked put my chips to some use which i'm glad about. Well done to HB, BCB and John

Tony hopefully your form returns for the Waterford game...

Advertisement