Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sporting Emporium cash game league final two weeks!

Options
  • 17-04-2007 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi,

Just a reminder that the Sporting Emporium cash game league ends on Sunday 29th April players have until then to make up their hours.

Players need 60 hours to qualify.

There is €22,950 in the pot already with 36 players already qualified for the playoff on Tue 1st May.

Any queries please contact the club 01-7030600 or drop me an e-mail jscanlon@thesportingemporium.com

Please find players hours listed below.

John.

Name Total Points

Please contact John via email to find out how many hours you may have earned at the SE Cash tables.
    Laf.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

john sent u an e-mail, wen ya get a chance take a look ... tanx Wes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Hi John, hope you don't mind but it's been brought to our attention that some SE players might not want their real name and number of hours played in the SE known to others. Erring on the side of safety regarding peoples personal information etc.

I've edited your first post, maybe you could supply a phone number at the SE for people to make enquiries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭zsoulking

lafortezza wrote:
    Hi John, hope you don't mind but it's been brought to our attention that some SE players might not want their real name and number of hours played in the SE known to others. Erring on the side of safety regarding peoples personal information etc.

I've edited your first post, maybe you could supply a phone number at the SE for people to make enquiries?[/QUOT

Thank you Lafortezza,

This was a mistake on my part and it won’t happen again.

My humble apologies to all players, I should have thought about this before I posted.

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Yeah we dont want to make Mickste, Buchan etc look like degenerates with about 250 hours each!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Flushdraw wrote:
    Yeah we dont want to make Mickste, Buchan etc look like degenerates with about 1,250 hours each!

FYP

EDIT - will Spiral be returning for the Cash League Final or will it be more dead money in the pot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Where has he gone?

EDIT - will Spiral be returning for the Cash League Final or will it be more dead money in the pot?
    jbravado wrote:
    Where has he gone?

He was behaving a bit like a nob lately and shouting at dealers/players etc and causing a scene. He handed his membership back last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

U serious!!!!!....another one bites the dust!!

jbravado wrote:
    U serious!!!!!....another one bites the dust!!

Yeah he accused Kate of assaulting him, when she touched him to tell him it was his go..He called Alex/John over and told them that he doesnt want the dealers to put their hands on him..ffs

He then let rip at Aidan because he was the only one standing to him after he start abusing some bloke at the table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

Flushdraw wrote:
    He was behaving a bit like a nob lately and shouting at dealers/players etc and causing a scene. He handed his membership back last week

He handed back himself or he was handed it back by the SE?

• Advertisement

58o wrote:
    He handed back himself or he was handed it back by the SE?

I think he barred himself by handing it back in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

i guess the jackpot jsut got a new customer as i was there the night he said "im never comin back to this ****hole again" - to luke.
    He bluffed the river on a board of
    K649T on the river, guy calls him and he mucks his cards and luke pulls them into the muck - opponent shows 55 and DJ spirolot goes nuts saying "but i had A6 luke i had A6"!!...storms off cashes out etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

What a complete gimp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

I'm wondering if this stuff is exaggerated. It's seems really far fetched that someone would act like this. Surely he knows the general gist of poker? Also why would anyone complain about Kate ? I know he appears to be a bit of gobsh but this is really the behaviour of someone with serious mental issues rather than just being an idiot. I'm guessing this stuff is exaggerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

Solksjaer wrote:
    this is really the behaviour of someone with serious mental issues rather than just being an idiot.

he's just an uncouth knacker

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i guess the jackpot jsut got a new customer as i was there the night he said "im never comin back to this ****hole again" - to luke.
    He bluffed the river on a board of
    K649T on the river, guy calls him and he mucks his cards and luke pulls them into the muck - opponent shows 55 and DJ spirolot goes nuts saying "but i had A6 luke i had A6"!!...storms off cashes out etc....

I was just wondering to myself yesterday was that that spiral guy, lol, that was hilarious. luke didn't even muck them, spiral stuck them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

he's just an uncouth knacker

A bit harsh maybe. He was always polite and reserved the few times I was at his table. Was in the Fitz one night a while back and he was there with a bunch of his mates. Relative to them, Spiral looked like the most immaculatey attired and courteous gentleman you could ever hope to meet.

Maybe his recent outbursts are just indicative of the fact that you can take the boy out of Finglas but overtime you can't take the Finglas...

In any case, his album should be out soon. A celebrity like him should have better things to do with his time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

In any case, his album should be out soon. A celebrity like him should have better things to do with his time.

lol, just like Brian McFadden then

lol, just like Brian McFadden then

Exactly!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭ligger

In any case, his album should be out soon. .

2 weeks ago at the cash game some one asked him about his album and he said finnishing up soon then turns to the Chief to see will he do a guest vocal on a song. Wants him to say "You've been Chiefed".. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Balance is required also. Some dude in the SE went up to him and told him how his daughter was a big fan and asked if he would mind to sign an autograph for her etc. He took it a step further than providing the autograph and actually rang her for a quick chat to say hello. As you can appreciate this made the young girls day. It was a fairly admirable thing for him to do.

Balance is required also. Some dude in the SE went up to him and told him how his daughter was a big fan and asked if he would mind to sign an autograph for her etc. He took it a step further than providing the autograph and actually rang her for a quick chat to say hello. As you can appreciate this made the young girls day. It was a fairly admirable thing for him to do.

That is pretty impressive tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

well tbf lads, it probably made spirals day too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

I've had the pleasure(cough) of playing with Spiral many times. I truly believe he has a split personality. He can be happy as larry one minute and then flip out, even when he's not involved in a hand.

I saw him flip out because halfbaked and jbravado ran the turn and river twice one night. He wasn't even at the table.

That's true what he said about kate, her reply was good though, " I'm not touching you because i'm your fan".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Maybe his recent outbursts are just indicative of the fact that you can take the boy out of Finglas but overtime you can't take the Finglas...

There is to be no bad mouthing or stereotypes of Finglas on the boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

RasTa wrote:
    There is to be no end to bad mouthing or stereotypes of Finglas on the boards.
    FYP

^
    '
    '
    '

And where is your holiness from.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

^
    '
    '
    '

Yeah thinking about that myself..... let's not get into the stereotyping syndrome crap again........

Smurph
    Dublin 11
    (between finglas & Ballymun) best of both worlds:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

smurph wrote:
    Yeah thinking about that myself..... let's not get into the stereotyping syndrome crap again........

Smurph
    Dublin 11

(between finglas & Ballymun) best of both worlds:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Agreed....lol hmmm hmmm [TALLAGHT]
    www.garda.ie/angarda/press/2007/p13jan2007.html

• Advertisement

^
    '
    '
    '