Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Swish15 wrote: »
    That sounds like it might be "Moving to New York" By the wombats
    Nope thats not her, its none of the new garbage, this song is back in the 80's.
    Tony Fentons show on tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Does anyone know what the current music for the grey's anatomy promo ad on RTE is??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Plug wrote: »
    Nope thats not her, its none of the new garbage, this song is back in the 80's.
    Tony Fentons show on tuesday.
    "About New York" - that's a bit vague. There are endless songs about New York. Seeing as you say "her" I'm presuming it's sung by a female - Native New Yorker by Odyssey? (1977)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etn57f3DA2w
    Or if not sung by a female, New York Minute by Don Henley? (1989)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDjWOwFTTAM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭offaly4sam

Can any 1 tell me the name of this band. Ther always on mtv2 at night,they have a music video that was filmed in a field under a phylon and has a tractor drivn around the field. Cant find them anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Having trouble IDing a song I've heard 3-4 times over the past month on Irish radio stations.

It's a mixture of a girl singing slowly lines like "What do we do" and "Where do we go" and a guy rapping after her. Can't remember much of what he says but I think one of the lines is "something, something... a girl I don't even know yet."

Thought he sounded like Dizzee Rascal but I can't find the track anywhere. The guy does sound to me like he's from London if that helps.

Wrecking my head at the minute so any help is appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

0utshined wrote: »
    Having trouble IDing a song I've heard 3-4 times over the past month on Irish radio stations.

It's a mixture of a girl singing slowly lines like "What do we do" and "Where do we go" and a guy rapping after her. Can't remember much of what he says but I think one of the lines is "something, something... a girl I don't even know yet."

Thought he sounded like Dizzee Rascal but I can't find the track anywhere. The guy does sound to me like he's from London if that helps.

Wrecking my head at the minute so any help is appreciated.

I reckon it's probably Wiley - Wearing my Rolex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnezldGu7JU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I reckon it's probably Wiley - Wearing my Rolex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnezldGu7JU

And so it is! Thanks so much for that, it's really been bothering me the past while. Now I can sleep easy. :) jill_valentine for poster of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Please help! There is a song advertising a certain program on RTE at the moment (Can't think of the name), The lyrics go something like this:
    "If you believe in miracles, let's make something happen". Not sure if that is word for word, but it is what I grabbed from it.

Would very much appreciate if anyone can come up with the name of this song as it is in my head all night. There is almost a tearful sound the singer's voice (male).

Cheers in advance.
    Does anyone know what the current music for the grey's anatomy promo ad on RTE is??

I thought it sounded like Tom Baxter. maybe this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Swish15

Really need this......Anybody??

Only know the video. American girl (i think), She is blonde, and in the video she goes to this house party to be a waitress.

Then she decideds to pack it in. And give it up, But then some lad takes her and she gets up and sings for the party!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

That reminds me of Confusion by New Order if you want to YouTube that... but probably unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 rachelmcg1989

does anyone know this song, its a dance song, sounds like a black guy is singing it, and the chorus goes something like "lucy* you are my dear lucy x 2"

* (i tink thats wat hes sayin anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Whats the song which contains the line "horses" repeated over and over. Thats all I can remember of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Whats the song which contains the line "horses" repeated over and over. Thats all I can remember of it!
    Patti Smith - Horses?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Thats it, Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Heard a song on the radio the other night, it was a slow number, guy with a guitar the chorus had a line "I will come back for you". Think the singer could be Irish.

Any ideas? Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Anyone know this song..I only have a brief description of the video basically but it's wrecking my head to know what the song is..

There's a group of girls and they go onto a bus..think it's in a desert type scene?
    It's a black male singing in it as far as I remember.
    Anyway..when the girls come off the bus they're wearing very little clothes compared to what they wore going on..

think it's captioned something like "ready: hot" when the girls come off the bus or similar..

Dance type song..

any help appreciated!
    Seen it on MTV dance as far as I can remember when I was in Santa Ponsa recently..

sorry for the poor description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61bVC8nYy98

Fireball and Bob Sinclar - What I want..

found it eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Swish15 wrote: »
    Really need this......Anybody??

Only know the video. American girl (i think), She is blonde, and in the video she goes to this house party to be a waitress.

Then she decideds to pack it in. And give it up, But then some lad takes her and she gets up and sings for the party!!!
    Dudess wrote: »
    That reminds me of Confusion by New Order if you want to YouTube that... but probably unlikely.
    Yeah that reminds me of "Confusion" aswell, amost the same format, but IIRC she had Brown hair, waitress was her day job, went home, and then she went off the an a party in a bassment or something like that. Note, that might be completely wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Swish15

Nailz wrote: »
    Yeah that reminds me of "Confusion" aswell, amost the same format, but IIRC she had Brown hair, waitress was her day job, went home, and then she went off the an a party in a bassment or something like that. Note, that might be completely wrong!

Nah, its more of a poppy type song. Heard it yonks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Whats the song at the start called

Anything by JOJO

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

[URL="ttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Africa_%28song%29"]Toto - Africa[/URL]

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

cheers hermy!!:D;)

great song!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Ok, really common piece here, everyone knows it but I have no idea what the name is. Me humming it below.

I had a german(I think) techo/trance mix of this years ago that had the lines "Bass, Bass, ?wer breken? bass, ?staying alive?". Any idea on a name on that, stab in the dark really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Ok, really common piece here, everyone knows it but I have no idea what the name is. Me humming it below.

Tis called Hall of the Mountain King by Edvard Grieg.

Apocalyptica did a great cover of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nea wrote: »
    Tis called Hall of the Mountain King by Edvard Grieg.

Apocalyptica did a great cover of it.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Publin

Ok guys, first of all apologies in advance for the really, really, awful description I'm about to give and the lack of any proper, helpful details, but...

I'm looking to find out the name of a mid to late 90s rap-style song. A discussion down the pub jogged my memory of it, it was sung by a black guy (don't think he was part of a band, though I could be wrong) and, this is the most distinctive part, it used lots of violins which really stood out.

I can't even remember a line from it, sorry for the brutal description and lack of information.

Any ideas or answers appreciated! Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I've spent literally hours going through google, yahoo answers and billboard and other chart listing archives to no avail. It was definitely a Top 20 (more like top 5 or 10) hit in Ireland and I'd imagine the UK too.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Publin wrote: »
    Ok guys, first of all apologies in advance for the really, really, awful description I'm about to give and the lack of any proper, helpful details, but...

I'm looking to find out the name of a mid to late 90s rap-style song. A discussion down the pub jogged my memory of it, it was sung by a black guy (don't think he was part of a band, though I could be wrong) and, this is the most distinctive part, it used lots of violins which really stood out.

I can't even remember a line from it, sorry for the brutal description and lack of information.

Any ideas or answers appreciated! Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I've spent literally hours going through google, yahoo answers and billboard and other chart listing archives to no avail. It was definitely a Top 20 (more like top 5 or 10) hit in Ireland and I'd imagine the UK too.

Thanks.
    Coolio - "Gangster's Paradise"???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Can you remember the mode of the song? Was it fast or slow? Do you have any idea where the song comes from - America, England etc? Was there a theme - anger, love, humour?

Genealogy Forum Mod

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Coolio - "Gangster's Paradise"???
    Nope, afraid not, but thanks. The song would'nt be as well known as that. The violins were extremely distinctive in it, the were really obvious.

Hermy wrote: »
    Can you remember the mode of the song? Was it fast or slow? Do you have any idea where the song comes from - America, England etc? Was there a theme - anger, love, humour?
    As far as I know it was American, I would say it was a reasonably fast tempo song (above average anyway). Not too sure on theme though, sorry. As far as I can remember the video had plenty of shots of girls playing the violins in it.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Nope, afraid not, but thanks. The song would'nt be as well known as that. The violins were extremely distinctive in it, the were really obvious.

As far as I know it was American, I would say it was a reasonably fast tempo song (above average anyway). Not too sure on theme though, sorry. As far as I can remember the video had plenty of shots of girls playing the violins in it.

Thanks guys.

Ooh I remember it but I can't think of the name of the song has something to do with "money" I think though.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Ooh I remember it but I can't think of the name of the song has something to do with "money" I think though.
    Cheers mate, thought I was going mad for a while!! You could well be right on the money theme. Think in the video the guy was in a suit (or at least well dressed) and the was a kind of black clothes, gold-ish/tan background to a lot of it (NOTE: Could be imagining things!).

Advertisement