Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

The lyrics go something like this, "I'm pushing an elephant down the stairs",
    then ders sumtin to do with a piano aswell in those lyrics.

What song is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

BaRcOe wrote: »
    The lyrics go something like this, "I'm pushing an elephant down the stairs",
    then ders sumtin to do with a piano aswell in those lyrics.

What song is this?

REM - The Great Beyond

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Hermy wrote: »
    Would it ever be Relight My Fire, that stomach churning cover by Take That and Lulu?
    nice one mate thats her;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭FrinkDink

Anyone know what the song is on the current RTE ad for CSI and Entourage that is playing for the last few days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭recycle

Tried this one b4, but will giv it one last shot for any brainwaves

Anyone know the song that 98FM are currently using to promote Bernard Dunne....

think it sounds Def Leppard-ish.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

recycle wrote: »
    Tried this one b4, but will giv it one last shot for any brainwaves

Anyone know the song that 98FM are currently using to promote Bernard Dunne....

think it sounds Def Leppard-ish.....

I don't listen to 98fm. Can you give any lyrics? Especially the chorus. That would help.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fordey100

Anyone know the name of the song on the
    rte1 ad for private practice (spin-off of grey's anatomy)??
    Dont know any lyrics sorry..
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Does anyone know the name of the song that is played during the ad for an English furniture company.

It goes something like "paint my world with your love" but I think that might be slightly off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Patrickisperfec

thats it, thanks a million

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Anyone know this? Its traditional irish song. Its got quite a few internments playing. Theres a saxophone aswel I think. It has no words in it and it seems to be popular enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭recycle

Hermy wrote: »
    I don't listen to 98fm. Can you give any lyrics? Especially the chorus. That would help.

My secret shame, i hav on ocassion tuned into 98fm....i wudnt blame you for not listening...!

Theres no lyrics that i an hear in the clip...lasts about 30 secs in total

As said earlier the only clue i can giv is that it sounds quite like Def Leppards Animal.....a cracking song in my book....

Appreciate the help to date

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Just thought that any lyrics would give it away as a rousing song for a boxer is gonna be familiar to all. No lyrics means I'll have to listen out for it. Damn.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Sorry, repost alert:

Anyone know what the song is on the RTE ad for CSI and Entourage that is playing for the last few days? The ad is on a lot at the moment....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Fordey100 wrote: »
    Anyone know the name of the song on the
    rte1 ad for private practice (spin-off of grey's anatomy)??
    Dont know any lyrics sorry..
    :confused:

Was just going to ask the same question. Just seen it now, it is a great snippet of music, with jarring minor chords. No lyrics, just a chant type thing. Anybody know the name of this tune? It is played quite frequently on RTE advertising "Private Practice" on RTE2.

Cheers in advance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

Any ideas what the songs called and who the artist is?
    Doesnt seem to be working heres the Link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY4UEgGWSDw
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Any ideas what the songs called and who the artist is?
    Doesnt seem to be working heres the Link.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY4UEgGWSDw
    Thanks.

As it says in the video info, it's 'Shangri-La' by The Kinks

(Also, when embedding YouTube videos, just put in the (in this case) FY4UEgGWSDw bit, not the entire url)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

FrinkDink wrote: »
    Sorry, repost alert:

Anyone know what the song is on the RTE ad for CSI and Entourage that is playing for the last few days? The ad is on a lot at the moment....

Don't know if your question's been answered yet but it's Happiness by Goldfrapp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So93Iny2HWI

You know it's a real shame that RTÉ don't put half as much effort into actually playing this music on their pop station rather than doing promo/links work with it....the BS they churn out on a daily basis on 2FM is a travesty and they waste decent music on 30 second commercials...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Whoever's in charge of the muisc for ads and sports montages in RTE should be given a radio station. It's consistently great. Their actual radio and music programming... not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Does anyone know what the song was that was played at the End of the Spain Italy match on NET2? Sounded quite good,the chorus was something like

everyone says this love wont last repeated and there was a woman singin it with a man sorta in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Gillington wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the song was that was played at the End of the Spain Italy match on NET2? Sounded quite good,the chorus was something like

everyone says this love wont last repeated and there was a woman singin it with a man sorta in the background.

It's the Courteeners. Dont know the name of the song though

Wertz wrote: »
    Don't know if your question's been answered yet but it's Happiness by Goldfrapp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So93Iny2HWI

You know it's a real shame that RTÉ don't put half as much effort into actually playing this music on their pop station rather than doing promo/links work with it....the BS they churn out on a daily basis on 2FM is a travesty and they waste decent music on 30 second commercials...

Thanks a mill Wertz, and here here RE the RTE music, their commercials always seem to raise my musical curiosity.....

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

just wondering if anyone knows the name of the song used during RTE's goal of the Euro 2008 group stage competition. think the chorus had a bit about "radioing in and radioing out"

EDIT: Found it. It's dust by Royworld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Was just going to ask the same question. Just seen it now, it is a great snippet of music, with jarring minor chords. No lyrics, just a chant type thing. Anybody know the name of this tune? It is played quite frequently on RTE advertising "Private Practice" on RTE2.

Cheers in advance. :)

Before it is lost forever, anyone come across anything regarding this? Very much appreciated if anyone can find out the name of this tune. Thanks.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Before it is lost forever, anyone come across anything regarding this? Very much appreciated if anyone can find out the name of this tune. Thanks.:)

This is bothering me too.
    I thought there was a bit of a Dolly O Riordan vibe to it but I dont know if it is actually moany enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

It's the Courteeners. Dont know the name of the song though

The Courteeners - Not 19 Forever

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Hi,
    I recently heard a song that I though was really great, (it was in the irish charts at the time.) Anyway, I can't find it, so I was hoping that someone might be able to suggest what it was.

It was only in the chart a few weeks ago, maybe 3 or 4.
    It had a really distintive sound, mostly keyboard with a drum (syntisor), kind of an metalically sound, (and I think that there may be some bars from the terminator theme in there too.)
    The video was in black and white and quite dark. It was hard to make out the members, but they appeared to be sitting a studio.

I have a feeling that it may be Audioslave, (hense my asking in the indi forum), but could be very wrong. Anyway, I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to get my hands on a copy and obviously I need the name of the song to do that.

Cheers in advance,
    Ger

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hi,
    I recently heard a song that I though was really great, (it was in the irish charts at the time.) Anyway, I can't find it, so I was hoping that someone might be able to suggest what it was.

It had a really distintive sound, mostly keyboard with a drum (syntisor), kind of an metalically sound, (and I think that there may be some bars from the terminator theme in there too.)
    The video was in black and white and quite dark. It was hard to make out the members, but they appeared to be sitting a studio.

I have a feeling that it may be Audioslave, (hense my asking in the indi forum), but could be very wrong. Anyway, I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to get my hands on a copy and obviously I need the name of the song to do that.

Cheers in advance,
    Ger
    Republic of Loose - 'I Like Music'?

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

basquille wrote: »
    Republic of Loose - 'I Like Music'?

Hey, Basquille. Nope that's not it unfortunately. I think that they were american and it was more 'industrial'.

Cheers for the effort, any other suggestions?

Ger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭andgoodbye

Hi,

Cheers in advance,
    Ger
    Against me - stop

Advertisement