Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

seligehgit wrote: »
    Desperate to find out the name of a song

I believe it is a relatively recent release...last couple of years. It's absolutely deadly.Tagged it on Shazam but never downloaded it.

Song title is

The Blank Song.

Can't recall the second word!Please help,it's a slightly alternative tune.

Could it be "The Sweater Song" by Weezer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭donnyb28

This is a odd post but on the off chance someone knows....

I've been trying to find an old mix playlist of funky house music but can't find it on Youtube or sound cloud and have no idea what name it was. Its about an hour long mix. I think it was called Midnight in Paris or something to that effect.

I know one of the songs in the mix is Intro by Alan Braxe

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be very grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

This could be a very long shot.

A few months ago, I heard this song by a Dutch duo. It's kind of hip-hop/R'n'B/pop style. I can't remember the name of it, or the group, but I remember it being a slower tempo.

But it is a song, all about the culture & history of Netherlands. It goes through history, racial divide, the King(?) football etc.

Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: wow I actually found it! Just through manic searching on YouTube and related videos and recognised the tune of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

Hey. Does anyone know what the name of the background music is in the vid.

Thanks. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

jim-jam wrote: »
    Hey. Does anyone know what the name of the background music is in the vid.

Thanks. :)

Intro by The XX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jim-jam

Thank you Tickle Me Elmo!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Kev W wrote: »
    Could it be "The Sweater Song" by Weezer?

No it's not that song,love Weezer.Thanks anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

RopeDrink wrote: »
    So, wandering around a full house when something popped on the radio. Sounded mid/late 80's to early 90's, only lyric I actually heard was "Stormy Weather" (assume as part of a chorus as it was repeated about 3 times through the whole song). No, it's not Crowded House, though the song does have that kind of upbeat vibe and a male vocalist.

It's one of those situations where you've heard it before but nobody recalled the name (of song or artist) and so it has become one of those 'Argh, must figure it out or it'll drive me mad' moments.

Pure Morning by Placebo springs to mind.. (can't put up link as I'm on the phone)

No it's not that song,love Weezer.Thanks anyhow.

The Last Song by Foo Fighters?

The Last Song by Foo Fighters?

No thanks very much, love Foo Fighters but that's not the song name.:(

• Advertisement

No thanks very much, love Foo Fighters but that's not the song name.:(

Is it a male or female singer? Slow or uptempo? Any other clues?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

The Authority Song-Jimmy eat world?

Nah it's not the authority song by Jimmy Eat World,I believe it starts with the letter A... Might be wrong. It's so long since I heard it, I think it's a female singer and a slowish tempo. I shazamed it but my Shazam got uninstalled through no fault of my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭political analyst

What is the song in the RTÉ trailer for "Deutschland 83"?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

What is the song in the RTÉ trailer for "Deutschland 83"?

Not sure if it's the same ad but I saw one today using Delilah by Florence and the Machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭political analyst

Not sure if it's the same ad but I saw one today using Delilah by Florence and the Machine.
    It's the same trailer.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kerryforsam

is anyone familiar with the fior uisce advert on mayo radio crc. im wondering is it the new coldplay song adventure of a lifetime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Something that's been buzzing in my head since I heard it last night. Have no idea what the song is called or who sings it, but it's a melodic piano based tune sung by a man, and I'm sure the song contains the words 'silence silence' and possibly 'never gonna give you' in the chorus. Very vague I know, but I thought it was a wonderful tune, and despite youtubing and googling, all I'm getting is Rick Rolled and the sound of silence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jungleman

This is wrecking my head, and I've broken my boards sabbatical to try and solve it.

I was in TK Maxx the other day and heard this song playing. There was too much background noise to Shazam it, so I just had to scribble down bits and pieces of lyrics as I heard it. I emailed them to see if they could put me in touch with the company who organises their music, but no joy there. I can't find this song anywhere on the internet, so if anyone can help I would be over the moon!

So the singer is female, and as far as I could tell, the song is relatively recent. The bits of lyrics I could take down were:

take my hand and lead the way
    if only my hand
    choose to be with me
    can't you see that i love you
    baby boy
    over, over

I think the chances on this one are slim, but if anyone can find it, you would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

RopeDrink wrote: »
    So, wandering around a full house when something popped on the radio. Sounded mid/late 80's to early 90's, only lyric I actually heard was "Stormy Weather" (assume as part of a chorus as it was repeated about 3 times through the whole song). No, it's not Crowded House, though the song does have that kind of upbeat vibe and a male vocalist.

It's one of those situations where you've heard it before but nobody recalled the name (of song or artist) and so it has become one of those 'Argh, must figure it out or it'll drive me mad' moments.

Pixies have a tune called stormy weather?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭wfdrun

Can Anyone help identlify Joy division(i think) christmas song on TK Maxx playlist?

returned to store to record & shazam but no luck yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭thesultan

Season 2 Episode 9 two songs. One was a guitar riffing one around the time of the shoot , the other is the last one at the end 'walking through the jungle'.

jungleman wrote: »
    This is wrecking my head, and I've broken my boards sabbatical to try and solve it.

I was in TK Maxx the other day and heard this song playing. There was too much background noise to Shazam it, so I just had to scribble down bits and pieces of lyrics as I heard it. I emailed them to see if they could put me in touch with the company who organises their music, but no joy there. I can't find this song anywhere on the internet, so if anyone can help I would be over the moon!

So the singer is female, and as far as I could tell, the song is relatively recent. The bits of lyrics I could take down were:

take my hand and lead the way
    if only my hand
    choose to be with me
    can't you see that i love you
    baby boy
    over, over

I think the chances on this one are slim, but if anyone can find it, you would be amazing.

Maybe this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

thesultan wrote: »
    Season 2 Episode 9 two songs. One was a guitar riffing one around the time of the shoot , the other is the last one at the end 'walking through the jungle'.

It might help if you tell us what show you're talking about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TomasC

Dandelion Market.
    I used to go to the market in the late 70's. There was a music stall there and the guy used to play a certain track most weeks. It was a jazzy or maybe steel band type instrumental. It was different to most of the rest of what he played. The tune comes back to me regularly still and I'd love to know what it is. Anyone any ideas or who had the stall?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone know what the background track on this clip is?

Maybe this?

I think that link is broken? Could you repost please?

Maybe this?

Not the one! Thanks for going to the trouble though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

There is this dance song I'm trying to find, it was from the 90s and had a piano riff which was in a minor key with scales mostly but mixed in with arpeggios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

Hi,

Looking for name of a song/band, its driving me nuts. It was a pop dance tune (not techno). The music video was animated, it was set in an airport/airplane and people seemed to be flirting or giving each other the eye anyway. It's not 'going to Ibiza' btw ;)

It was a fairly popular song at the time. Early 2000's maybe. Have scoured Google and YouTube but can't see any reference to it.
    Thanks

Advertisement