Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TheShield

Damn i love the o2 adverts,

The music always rocks and i always end up getting the songs!!

Just watching rte2 earlier and i see that there is a new current advert from o2 with music i have not heard before?

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what it is???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

People really need to read back over the past few pages...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 TheShield

Namlub wrote: »
    People really need to read back over the past few pages...

Namlub,i was looking over the last few pages and the o2 song wasn't answered..Someone needs to read back over the last few pages but not me...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Hermy wrote: »

thats not actually it but hey thats a good song too.

the lyrics i said only actually come up once in the song.

cheers anyways guys !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

TheShield wrote: »
    Namlub,i was looking over the last few pages and the o2 song wasn't answered..Someone needs to read back over the last few pages but not me...:)
    I wasn't just talking about anyone in particular anyway, but from the last page...
    Slow Show wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this is the 02 ad one.

Looked it up myself, not my usual cup of tea but brilliant song.

And if you can't see the link for whatever reason... k-os - the love song

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

Anyone know the song that's in the ad for Black Swan? Not the trailer now, the ad that's on telly.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Anyone know the name of the song that Lily Allen sampled for LDN?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I googled it and the fourth result states

Lily Allen song 'LDN' was co-written by Future Cut, and features a sample of "Reggae Merengue" written by Arthur "Duke" Reid. Released on 25/09/06.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

gustavo wrote: »
    I googled it and the fourth result states

Lily Allen song 'LDN' was co-written by Future Cut, and features a sample of "Reggae Merengue" written by Arthur "Duke" Reid. Released on 25/09/06.

Cheers. I looked that up on youtube and apparently Lily sampled this one...

which itself sampled this one...

That first one sounds a lot like that Fatboy slim song too doesn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Hi ,

Can anyone tell what this song is? Its been driving me mad as I hear it all the time on the radio (BBC6) and never catch the name of it.

Its a guy singing and the chorus is from Dream a little Dream of Me

Stars shining bright above you;
    Night breezes seem to whisper I love you?
    Birds singing in the sycamore tree.
    Dream a little dream of me.

But its not a whole cover I think, as the rest of the song is not from Dream a little Dream (as far as I know). Its always on in the background so I only ever am able to catch the bit I know the words to.

Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

louis armstrong dream a litle dream of me

or the one with ella fitzgerald

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Hi ,

Can anyone tell what this song is? Its been driving me mad as I hear it all the time on the radio (BBC6) and never catch the name of it.

Its a guy singing and the chorus is from Dream a little Dream of Me

Stars shining bright above you;
    Night breezes seem to whisper I love you?
    Birds singing in the sycamore tree.
    Dream a little dream of me.

But its not a whole cover I think, as the rest of the song is not from Dream a little Dream (as far as I know). Its always on in the background so I only ever am able to catch the bit I know the words to.

Thanks!

It's 'Surfacing' by Chapel Club I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70102WX57Rk

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

hahah i just seen dream a little dream of me n thouht of ella haha surfacing is the song great great song :)

chapel club are playin the academy in a bit, just thought id give you a heads up just n case you want to go check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Yeah thats it! Cooool, thanks a million guys. :cool:

Im off to listen to it a thousand times

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Emomo

joulter wrote: »
    anyone know what the song in the new RTE Sport ad is? the one with the movie posters

Hey, I've been looking for this song aswell. It's currently on RTE showing sport in movie posters. I cant even find it on youtube. It's a dance song with barely any lyrics. Driving me maaaaaaaad!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Habba the Jutt

Hey now,
    Anyone got a handle on the instrumental playing in promos for new drama shows on TG4???

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

On the discovery channel there is an ad for a new show starting soon called Swords: life on the line.

The song in the background is driving me nuts, I recognize it and am sure it’s been used before in a film or something… I’m pretty sure it is an instrumental only

Anyway I can’t find the ad on youtube (just keeps throwing results from the US show which was already aired) so have nothing as a start point!

Has anybody any ideas? I’ll watch later and might see the ad again to get more clues

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Ok, my Oh is stuck trying to think of this song. She has no idea what its called nor the singer. She knows it was out in the early 2000s and the video involved a girl with red hair and a green dress. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DF1989

Emomo wrote: »
    Hey, I've been looking for this song aswell. It's currently on RTE showing sport in movie posters. I cant even find it on youtube. It's a dance song with barely any lyrics. Driving me maaaaaaaad!!!
    http://vimeo.com/17923657
    Found the video, still don't know who it is:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

DF1989 wrote: »
    http://vimeo.com/17923657
    Found the video, still don't know who it is:(

Sounds a bit calvin harrisy - sorry thats all I got : )

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Emomo wrote: »
    JG009 wrote: »
    Sounds a bit calvin harrisy - sorry thats all I got : )

This is the track you are all looking for.Well worth getting the album too or going to see these two lads if you get a chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Rud wrote: »
    This is the track you are all looking for.Well worth getting the album too or going to see these two lads if you get a chance!

Saw em oxegen 08. Visuals rocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

Hey guys. I am pretty desperate to find this song..
    Its playing in the background in this video of corrie in the rovers at 5.49 onwards. http://www.youtube.com/user/qg2010#p/search/3/w-qZU6rRN5U . please if anyone can tell me the name i would greatly appreciate it.. it reminds me of someone in my past :)
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

That'd be Hollywood by Marina and the Diamonds.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,152 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

woozle wrote: »
    It was around in the 90's I think, and it was kind of cheesy indie pop/rock. I think either the band name, song name or chorus had the word "Bingo" and it was about someone going to a prostitute and mentioned red lights. FOr the life of me i cant find it on the internet because I cant remember enough about it. Can anyone help?

'Bingo' by Catch, maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33SjUj4J5BU

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bangra bangra

Hi there,
    The programme "This Sporting Life" featuring Eamonn Coughlan on RTE1 on Thurs 27th January, played a song just at the end of the programme and as the final credits rolled, sounds kind of like the style of Empire of the Sun or Ladyhawke. If anyone out there could tell me what it is I would be so grateful, it is DOING MY HEAD IN!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

beefjerky wrote: »
    On the discovery channel there is an ad for a new show starting soon called Swords: life on the line.

The song in the background is driving me nuts, I recognize it and am sure it’s been used before in a film or something… I’m pretty sure it is an instrumental only

Anyway I can’t find the ad on youtube (just keeps throwing results from the US show which was already aired) so have nothing as a start point!

Has anybody any ideas? I’ll watch later and might see the ad again to get more clues

It's Ian Brown Happy Ever After

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Hi there,
    The programme "This Sporting Life" featuring Eamonn Coughlan on RTE1 on Thurs 27th January, played a song just at the end of the programme and as the final credits rolled, sounds kind of like the style of Empire of the Sun or Ladyhawke. If anyone out there could tell me what it is I would be so grateful, it is DOING MY HEAD IN!! ;)

It was groove armada,just for tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Does anyone know the music being played in the background of this video?

Advertisement