Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭tennessee time

on paul mccloone tonight on today fm the lyrics start off , (female vocalist fast paced song)

"you run your fingers down my back, like youre trying to draw a map, of constellations....

think its an irish band

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

nimrodsson wrote: »
    I'm very scant on info. Its a song that was definitely in the UK top 40 during November (as it was on in the gym i got to a lot)... it has a very catchy chorus where the female vocalist's voice goes a little electronicy... and a snippet of the lyric is '...... cos i don't wanna miss this.....' There might be a rap/hip hop element to it beween the choruses. I thought the DJ said one day that the artist calls Jayz 'boss'... or was it Eminem... or i could have got that totally wrong. I have searched high and low to try and get more info.. i listened to snippets of the uk top 40 in a youtube clip etc.... I'm sorry i don't have any more info.. but if it rings a bell with someone please let me know!

Alexis Jordan - Happiness?

Jay Z signed her after she was on America's Got Talent a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nimrodsson

Alexis Jordan - Happiness?

Jay Z signed her after she was on America's Got Talent a few years back.

Spot on! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Anyone know this song, the main part I remember is from the chorus

"Say you will, say you will, say you will."

It has a "Futuristic" edge to it. I am almost certain it is from the 80s but don't quote me on it. It is not the foreigner song, it has 3 "Say you wills" in the chorus.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 a1m1m1o1

CorkMan wrote: »
    Anyone know this song, the main part I remember is from the chorus

"Say you will, say you will, say you will."

It has a "Futuristic" edge to it. I am almost certain it is from the 80s but don't quote me on it. It is not the foreigner song, it has 3 "Say you wills" in the chorus.

Is it kayne west. say you will.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I heard the other song the other night but can't remember now. Quick help would be appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Probably Top Gun (Dangerzone).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

No it was the same or a VERY similar tune, heard it on the bus the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Anything from Rocky really.

Ruu is right though.....Kenny Loggins does fit the bill too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

No, this song is definitely from before early 90s. Way before Kanye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Taz86

Hi all, I was wondering would anyone know the name to this song I am looking for? I have never had to ask on a forum before as I can generally find anything I am looking for through putting a snippet of the lyrics into Google but this one has returned nothing. I heard it in TopShop today while browsing and couldn't pick up much of the lyrics but quite liked the song. I thought the singer sounded a little like Debbie Harry (bear in mind I couldn't hear it very clearly).
    All I got from it was "saying you can't hurry love" (in the chorus and it's not the Supremes ;-)) and the outro repeats something like "Are you fading now, is it over?" a good few times. I really couldn't make out any more words. It was really catchy though. If anyone knows it could you please let me know, I would really appreciate it as I'd love to hear it again and buy it. It's probably a new song as TopShop tend to play a lot of new stuff. Thanks folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭gaatipstr

Taz86 wrote: »
    Hi all, I was wondering would anyone know the name to this song I am looking for? I have never had to ask on a forum before as I can generally find anything I am looking for through putting a snippet of the lyrics into Google but this one has returned nothing. I heard it in TopShop today while browsing and couldn't pick up much of the lyrics but quite liked the song. I thought the singer sounded a little like Debbie Harry (bear in mind I couldn't hear it very clearly).
    All I got from it was "saying you can't hurry love" (in the chorus and it's not the Supremes ;-)) and the outro repeats something like "Are you fading now, is it over?" a good few times. I really couldn't make out any more words. It was really catchy though. If anyone knows it could you please let me know, I would really appreciate it as I'd love to hear it again and buy it. It's probably a new song as TopShop tend to play a lot of new stuff. Thanks folks :)

It could be this. Not to sure. This band is about 6 or 7 years now but arnt popular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np7TlcXSYyw

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

gaatipstr wrote: »
    It could be this. Not to sure. This band is about 6 or 7 years now but arnt popular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np7TlcXSYyw

You only need to put the "np7TlcXSYyw" part in the Youtube link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Does anyone know the ad from the Opel ad, 'welcome to the future' one? An orchestrated, dramatic piece. Would love to know what this is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Taz86

Gaatipster (and Dougal) thank you, that's a decent song there but unfortunately that's not the song I'm looking for. The "saying you can't hurry love" is just a line at the end of the chorus I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

This is driving me mad and unfortunately Iv very little details on the song so if anyone can actually guess what im talking about Ill be really grateful!!!

Its a fairly old song I think but all I can say is it always reminds me of Bell X1's Great Defector!!!

anyone any idea??

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭musicmonky

trying to get this tune. its a dance track
    in the video it has a mouse that takes a stroll over a woman, covered by a thin red satin sheet. the mouse ends up in jail. the dirty bugger.

my brain has forgotten the name or artist.
    I used to watch it on youtube all the time. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Pint for the 1st one to take me out of my misery.
    Check out RTE player and the show about gerry ryan.
    Go to 54mins 12secs and it is a stringed song playing behind the people talking for a few minutes.
    I've heard it loads of times but never knew the name of it.
    Boardsies......it's over to you.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

This is driving me mad and unfortunately Iv very little details on the song so if anyone can actually guess what im talking about Ill be really grateful!!!

Its a fairly old song I think but all I can say is it always reminds me of Bell X1's Great Defector!!!

anyone any idea??

Could it be this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

on paul mccloone tonight on today fm the lyrics start off , (female vocalist fast paced song)

"you run your fingers down my back, like youre trying to draw a map, of constellations....

think its an irish band
    ham sandwich - oh oh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Taz86 wrote: »
    Long shot as it only covers the Debbie Harry and new song bases but maybe it's Sprawl II by Arcade Fire

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Hello all,

I need help to ID a song. I havent much to go on. I thought the song was called ''looking over london'' or ''walking over london''. I have heard it a few times on the radio but I can never get the artist name on song title. Its kind of a mellow song with a deep sounding beat. Its basically about this guys walk/stroll through london. There is a slight chance that its from an Irish artist:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

This has been annoying me for a few days and I've put way too much time in to trying to think of it. All I can remember is the lyrics 'bringing me down, down, down'. I'm not sure it's a song at all but rather a piece being sung in a film or tv show or God knows what. It came into my head and annoyed me that I couldn't remember the rest of it, let alone where it came from. Anyone any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Oh lads can someone help me with this, it's a song by an Irish band, BellX1 type stuff, it's playing at 0.35 in this video (don't ask about that video, saw it on a friend's fb and that song is driving me mad now cos I know but can't remember it)

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

Anyone know the song in the current ad on RTE for the new series of Grey's Anatomy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Oh lads can someone help me with this, it's a song by an Irish band, BellX1 type stuff, it's playing at 0.35 in this video (don't ask about that video, saw it on a friend's fb and that song is driving me mad now cos I know but can't remember it)

any ideas?

The Blizzards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

teekayd25 wrote: »

Thank you so much. My head was actually wrecked, was trying to find it by a partial lyric search that in hindsight did not contain any of the actual lyrics. Head sorted now! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

The new Dell ad anyone? Sounds Conor Oberst-y

Advertisement