Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Hector played a song on 2fm this morning at about 7.10am, he was talking a bit of Spanish right after the song. Didnt catch the title of the song, sounded a bit like trance music, no lyrics as far as I know. Anybody know the one I am on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭d.anthony

Hey guys, mad to find this track, for the first 2 minutes before the actual song starts there is a remix of it in the background... Can anyone PLEASE tell me what remix it is??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjMCfVPU-nU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ashe19

this has probably been asked a few times...but i want to find the name of the song from the newest O2 add..sounds like its florence and the machine but its not cosmic love, its the newer add than that? anybody know it? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Anyone know the song in the current ad on RTE for the new series of Grey's Anatomy?

Just came on boards to find that out myself, just seen the add there and I know I know the song from somewhere, it's being annoying me trying to remember where I know it from

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Bit of a long shot here. Caught the end of "The Highland Sessions" on BBC4 just now and loved the second to last song that was on it. Have no idea who it was or what the song was called though.
    So did anyone happen to be watching, or does anyone have access to iplayer that could have a look and see what it was?
    I tried looking on the BBC4 website but can only find 6 episodes listed from 2006 and I'm pretty sure this was a new episode.

Like I said, long shot, but if anyone can help it's much appreciated.

EDIT: Ah, it was actually the "Transatlantic Sessions" and they do have an up to date website, so never mind, I found it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭TemptationWaits

colly10 wrote: »
    Just came on boards to find that out myself, just seen the add there and I know I know the song from somewhere, it's being annoying me trying to remember where I know it from

I've forgotten the tune of the song now (I have NO memory for song tunes especially now the ad's off the telly) but could it be one by The Xx? Might be thinking of something else entirely now.

I've forgotten the tune of the song now (I have NO memory for song tunes especially now the ad's off the telly) but could it be one by The Xx? Might be thinking of something else entirely now.

Actually just heard it again, the add is on Living rather than RTE2. Listened to a few songs by the XX and it definitely doesn't sound like them

The only ad I saw on Living for Grey's had Crystalised by The XX on it.

It was the eye eh eye eh eye bit from around 1:25

EDIT:
    Is it this promo?

It's a mix of the Gorillaz cover of Crystalised, and then the XX version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The only ad I saw on Living for Grey's had Crystalised by The XX on it.

It was the eye eh eye eh eye bit from around 1:25
    think it was the gorrilaz version

Just seen an ad for it now with this in it

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭epiphone

What are they saying in the sound track to the new Ford Focus Add? It sounds similar to the movie the "Diving Bell and the Butterfly" where they spell out every word but I cant figure out what is being spelled. Anybody know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Anybody know the song in the new Guinness ad? I'm loving it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Anybody know the song in the new Guinness ad? I'm loving it.
    Ten Mile Stereo-Beach House :)

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Just seen an ad for it now with this in it

Thanks for that, thats the one I was looking for :)

epiphone wrote: »
    What are they saying in the sound track to the new Ford Focus Add? It sounds similar to the movie the "Diving Bell and the Butterfly" where they spell out every word but I cant figure out what is being spelled. Anybody know?

Is it this one? It was on a Fiesta ad a while ago too. Don't think they're trying to spell anything though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Hi Guys,
    There's a song out at the min, fairly popular on the likes of 2fm daytime shows etc.

The main singer is a woman. For some reason im thinking Imelda May...

I've no other description for it other than that, it has completely left my head.
    But it excellent and i want it. :)

I looked/listened to the uktop40 2/1/11 and its not there...
    Anyone?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Been hearing this song around for a while and heard it in the background again last night. Starts at 10:57 on the vid below . . .

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1088475

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

teekayd25 wrote: »
    Been hearing this song around for a while and heard it in the background again last night. Starts at 10:57 on the vid below . . .

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1088475

This it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Hi guys,

Anyone know the song that play near the end of Shameless series 1 episode 1?

Its plays at 41:47 of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a056OjNHuCw

Sorry about the 4od ad's before the video.

Thanks in advance.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭joulter

anyone know what the song in the new RTE Sport ad is? the one with the movie posters

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭joulter

Dangerdunf wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Anyone know the song that play near the end of Shameless series 1 episode 1?

Its plays at 41:47 of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a056OjNHuCw

Sorry about the 4od ad's before the video.

Thanks in advance.:D

It's "Black Math" by the White Stripes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ohnelly

another one!

anyone know the song on the current O2 ad - the pool party one about double credit/free cinema tickets etc.

please and thanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭LutherBlissett

The chorus of the song starts off as "stop building a wall, you'll never get over"...something about everybody cries...sooner or later (and possibly something about needing a shoulder).

It sounded like an Irish band, for some reason like Aslan, though I suspect it wasn't them as no titles in their discography seem to fit the bill.

Would really appreciate an answer, this has been at me all day!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,151 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

There is a piece of music I hear regularly which I am desperate to know the name of. I heard it recently on BBC 1 - please can someone identify it for me.

If you can view this on BBC iplayer please identify it for me. It is only part of it, but I'm pretty sure it's the tune I'm thinking of. It is at 46:40 into the programme.

Thanks!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...le_09_01_2011/

(Sorry I've previously posted this in classical section, but I've brought it out here in the hope to get an answer.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭JG009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

JG009 wrote: »
    That would be a remix of the kings of leon song "knocked up"

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    There's a song out at the min, fairly popular on the likes of 2fm daytime shows etc.

The main singer is a woman. For some reason im thinking Imelda May...

I've no other description for it other than that, it has completely left my head.
    But it excellent and i want it. :)

I looked/listened to the uktop40 2/1/11 and its not there...
    Anyone?
    Thanks

I heard it again yesterday. It was by Adele? i think? A song about higher or something.
    I've googled it and nothing.
    Maybe the singer's name isnt Adele, but the first two letters of her name are Ad, im almost certain

Anyone help?
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Heard a song on KCRW's "Morning Becomes Eclectic" show a while back, but the only thing I remember about it was that it had some line like "skip the three, skip the five..." at one point. Very vague, but whatever, can anyone find this for me?

Dr Nic wrote: »
    I heard it again yesterday. It was by Adele? i think? A song about higher or something.
    I've googled it and nothing.
    Maybe the singer's name isnt Adele, but the first two letters of her name are Ad, im almost certain

Anyone help?
    Thanks!

Dammit - I heard it again at half 5 on 2fm. It was just before Nicky had his ring tone as Garth Brooks.
    I said i'd never forget the main lyrics this time and then google it when i get home.
    But its gone again! And driving me mad!
    I think it was something like, we make it, you make it?? for us?
    Anyone?

• Advertisement

Anyone know the song in the ad for the new series of Being Human on BBC3?

Advertisement