Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Anybody know the song that plays in the south park ad on comedy central? thanks :)
    iglu and hartley - "whatever we like" i believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

jpcarlow wrote: »
    iglu and hartley - "whatever we like" i believe
    thats not the song thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭strawberryb0y

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Anybody know the song that plays in the south park ad on comedy central? thanks :)

I think its Invaders Must Die by The Prodigy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

Im looking for a Rock song thats come out in the last 4-5months id say. It sounds like Josh Homme is singing on it but im not sure of its him. Its got a very heavey bass line and the lyrics contain "California" over and over again.
    The video is the band playing but with very bright colours painted over them (think "go with the flow" but not red more pinks and yellows")

Saw it on mtv2 and dave fanning played it also on his show on Rte.

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

Further to the post I added about half a year ago, I thought I should be more specific than that. Before you answer, a lot of people claim that this song is "One Day Like This" by Elbow. IT IS NOT. The string section happens to have a near identical melody:

There is this song that I have been searching for high and dry for the last year or so. The song I am trying to describe has the exact same drum beat as "Everybody wants to rule the world". Before anyone suggests looking up "Tears for Fears" on wikipedia, or midomi, I have already looked them up with no success. The song I am looking for has a theremin like instrument playing the following notes c1, c2, b2, g1, a2, e1, g1, a2, c1, c2, b2, g1, a2, e1, g1, a2. As said before, there is an identical drum beat to "Everybody wants to rule the world". I beleive the name of that type of beat is a shuffle beat or swing note. The song in question is a very pleasant pop song with a female vocalist and it was probably made well within the last 15 years. If anyone here could tell me the name of the song, I would be most grateful.

As some of you may be musicians, I decided to state the exact sequence of notes from a very prominent part of the song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Further to the post I added about half a year ago, I thought I should be more specific than that. Before you answer, a lot of people claim that this song is "One Day Like This" by Elbow. IT IS NOT. The string section happens to have a near identical melody:

There is this song that I have been searching for high and dry for the last year or so. The song I am trying to describe has the exact same drum beat as "Everybody wants to rule the world". Before anyone suggests looking up "Tears for Fears" on wikipedia, or midomi, I have already looked them up with no success. The song I am looking for has a theremin like instrument playing the following notes c1, c2, b2, g1, a2, e1, g1, a2, c1, c2, b2, g1, a2, e1, g1, a2. As said before, there is an identical drum beat to "Everybody wants to rule the world". I beleive the name of that type of beat is a shuffle beat or swing note. The song in question is a very pleasant pop song with a female vocalist and it was probably made well within the last 15 years. If anyone here could tell me the name of the song, I would be most grateful.

As some of you may be musicians, I decided to state the exact sequence of notes from a very prominent part of the song.

I'll give this one a whirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Im looking for a Rock song thats come out in the last 4-5months id say. It sounds like Josh Homme is singing on it but im not sure of its him. Its got a very heavey bass line and the lyrics contain "California" over and over again.
    The video is the band playing but with very bright colours painted over them (think "go with the flow" but not red more pinks and yellows")

Saw it on mtv2 and dave fanning played it also on his show on Rte.

Thanks guys

This doesn't quite fit the description but...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭cardol

Hi

Can anyone ID a song that was out about a year or 2 ago? I can't remember the lyrics, but the video on MTV was a cropped-haired blonde girl walking backwards all through the video. The song was about lost love or something. The girl walks backwards through a CGI landscape.

Sorry it's not much to go on I know...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Emmsy

cardol wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone ID a song that was out about a year or 2 ago? I can't remember the lyrics, but the video on MTV was a cropped-haired blonde girl walking backwards all through the video. The song was about lost love or something. The girl walks backwards through a CGI landscape.

Sorry it's not much to go on I know...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ojHWQrm4UM&feature=related

Emmsy wrote: »

:)Thank you, thank you, thank you!:) I've been trying to think of this song for months!!!

• Advertisement

A song from an Irish artist I think, definitely from the nineties. I think the lyrics go like this:

"At midday I'll begin to fade so I'll have to get into the shade. I'm sorry but I just can't......."

Just posting here on a long shot. I know the tune but not the name. I googled the lyrics above and got nothing. Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

does anyone know the song used in the current Lost ad on rte2, has the lyrics ' i was blind' in it, sung by a man?

Didn't see the ad but is it this..?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Torque

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKIPODXnUYI

anyone have any ideas on this little beasty of a song?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

Didn't see the ad but is it this..?

cheers, that was exactly it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Help please.....!

Theres a song out at the moment, I think its recent, with the lyrics in it "I am the son of god"......"help me sing woe woe oh" etc?

Ray Darcy/Foley play it a bit I think....?

MikeySligo wrote: »
    Help please.....!

Theres a song out at the moment, I think its recent, with the lyrics in it "I am the son of god"......"help me sing woe woe oh" etc?

Ray Darcy/Foley play it a bit I think....?

Is tis it?
    http://www.musicloversgroup.com/biffy-clyro-the-captain-video-and-lyrics/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxStVr_xaZc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Yip.

You = Legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Anyone know what the name of that humming song in the very beginning of Where The Wild Things Are (before the kid starts screaming) is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

liah wrote: »
    Anyone know what the name of that humming song in the very beginning of Where The Wild Things Are (before the kid starts screaming) is?

Igloo, by Karen O & The Kids. Written for the film, and on the soundtrack album, which is well worth a listen. It's very sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Brilliant! Thanks.

One more now.. anyone know the name of the theme song in Pan's Labyrinth? The lullaby Mercedes sings to the girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

liah wrote: »
    Brilliant! Thanks.

One more now.. anyone know the name of the theme song in Pan's Labyrinth? The lullaby Mercedes sings to the girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 woozle

It was around in the 90's I think, and it was kind of cheesy indie pop/rock. I think either the band name, song name or chorus had the word "Bingo" and it was about someone going to a prostitute and mentioned red lights. FOr the life of me i cant find it on the internet because I cant remember enough about it. Can anyone help?

woozle wrote: »
    It was around in the 90's I think, and it was kind of cheesy indie pop/rock. I think either the band name, song name or chorus had the word "Bingo" and it was about someone going to a prostitute and mentioned red lights. FOr the life of me i cant find it on the internet because I cant remember enough about it. Can anyone help?

Not this by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

what is the piece that rte use in the 6 nations programs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

OK, sorry about the vagueness, but I've been up since 5 so my brain isn't exactly in working order today...

It's from an ad, but I can't for the life of me remember what for... Possibly a bank, but it could be for anything tbh!
    It has someone whistling and doesn't have any vocals (at least not on the ad version)

/edit
    nm... Tis "Peter, Bjorn & John - Young Folks"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A song from an Irish artist I think, definitely from the nineties. I think the lyrics go like this:

"At midday I'll begin to fade so I'll have to get into the shade. I'm sorry but I just can't......."

Just posting here on a long shot. I know the tune but not the name. I googled the lyrics above and got nothing. Thanks for any help.

High Llamas - Nomads

This is all I could find...sorry if it's the wrong one :rolleyes:

http://www.lyricsmania.com/begin_to_fade_lyrics_micky_green.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Any idea what the name of the song in the new discover Ireland ad on tv is?

Thanks.

Heard a track in the Bernard Shaw last night, it was a kind of hip/hoppy remix of Sidney Sampson - Riverside. I don't think it had any vocals, and it didn't use the whole melody, just stayed on the one note and sometime moved to the 6th (for anyone who knows what that means). Anyone who knows this remix...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Auscast

Looking for the name of the track that's on the 3e station promo where the letter 'e' jumps about. It's kinda a funky electro track. Anyone have any ideas? Cheers!

Advertisement