Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open Satellite @ The Sporting Emporium.

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

LOL Number 8, Nice hit...
    one outers FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 southarmaghboy

well done dom,you always looked like getting there, i went out in 14th, had about 65k a half hour before and only played one hand on the button and folded to a re reaise in that time and found myself shortstacked wit around 30k. folded to me on cut off and ship it in wit ace queen only for the button to wake up wit ace king!!!!! a lot of hours for nothing. didnt like the antes, the rounds got very expensive(10k) very quickly!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That was you, ok. You got quite unlucky in the end that you ran into that. You were playing a similiar game to me in general and I think we really only clashed once. I was hoping you would make it too, but to be honest at the point where you went out, despite feeling a bit sorry for you I was nearly glad it was getting close to being over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kebabfest

Congrats on the ticket Dom. Going to give it one more lash at the super sat tonite. Does anybody know what time this starts at ?

6pm Eoin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

5starpool wrote:
    6pm Eoin.
    you sure? website says 4pm

Fairly sure. It is 4pm tomorrow for the main event. If you look in the 'Dealing the IO' thread most of the lads aren't turning up til 5.30 to deal the super sat. Reg from 4 I presume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

ocallagh wrote:
    you sure? website says 4pm

Another one Niall.....I think you have a satellite addiction!!

HalfBaked wrote:
    Another one Niall.....I think you have a satellite addiction!!
    lol i nearly went to SE this week but drink got the better of me... i actually thought they were referring to the 4pm ME start. my mistake

you playing super sat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

ocallagh wrote:
    lol i nearly went to SE this week but drink got the better of me... i actually thought they were referring to the 4pm ME start. my mistake

you playing super sat?

Nah, gonna wonder down the Burlington and register about 9 and have a look about. Probably have a couple of pints, nothing too hectic. Have the safety net of the midnight cut off due to good friday. Phew. You gonna be about for a few quite ones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Just got a text off Jayminator. He's already doubled up in the cash game down there thanks to some mad scandi. Hmmmmmmmm...*thinking*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Flushdraw wrote:
    Just got a text off Jayminator. He's already doubled up in the cash game down there thanks to some mad scandi. Hmmmmmmmm...*thinking*

Cash games running already??

Im playin a DS now on Stars for Sundays final for WSOP - im finishing this off and heading over then..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Cash games running already??

Im playin a DS now on Stars for Sundays final for WSOP - im finishing this off and heading over then..

Are you not planning on having a prior engagement on Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭The Ace Face

Wp Dom, UL Wes/NFR and the other boardies who wrre lost in battle. Fcuk me those antes really hurt... I was cruising on 23k with a 10k average and before I knew it I was shortstacked..... PPP Special was at my table ..... his finish was definitely "Full Tilt Poker".....ul Dave that guy got lucky all night in the big pots.....

I am not going to go near the Burlo, too sick..really wanted to play in the ME..... 40th place no good:mad: ...ran my AJ on button into AA in BB when blind stealing!:eek:

Had some annoying prat on my table all night, calling everyone who beat him in a pot a donkey!:confused: Total know it all..... at one stage asked me if I knew how to play pocket pairs...WTF!:eek: I cannot stand these mouthy players, why can't people just play and let everyone enjoy it..... I was dying to nail him but didn't get the chance.....only got his first name...no need to mention it.....

Anyway best of luck to all heading down for ME, Cash and side tournies.....golf and sunshine for me this weekend:p

Ray

5starpool wrote:
    That was you, ok. You got quite unlucky in the end that you ran into that. You were playing a similiar game to me in general and I think we really only clashed once. I was hoping you would make it too, but to be honest at the point where you went out, despite feeling a bit sorry for you I was nearly glad it was getting close to being over.

yea i understand that, did it last much longer after i got knocked out, i left the building very quickly after that not in the best of form. the only time we clashed i raised utg wit tens folded round to u in bb and u callled, flop comes k q rag i think and u bet and i fold. i didnt wanna get involved wit u to be honest, u seemed very solid to me. well played and best of luck in the open.

I din't know how to play that hand really, I was a bit worried about it. I was hoping you had a holding like that, so I bet enough to be a big enough bet to look commited but enough to be able to get away if you reraised all in. I had AJ.

We went to 13 very soon after, then took about another hour to get to 10.

5starpool wrote:
    I din't know how to play that hand really, I was a bit worried about it. I was hoping you had a holding like that, so I bet enough to be a big enough bet to look commited but enough to be able to get away if you reraised all in. I had AJ.

We went to 13 very soon after, then took about another hour to get to 10.

it was a good bet, i actually put u on ace queen or ace king tbh and it was an insta fold. wasnt gonna risk my tournament wit two overs on the board. dont think i will bother wit the IO now, was gonna try the 1k event but i aint confident enough because i keep falling short of the money in most tournaments

HalfBaked wrote:
    Nah, gonna wonder down the Burlington and register about 9 and have a look about. Probably have a couple of pints, nothing too hectic. Have the safety net of the midnight cut off due to good friday. Phew. You gonna be about for a few quite ones?
    yeah i'm gonna head down soon enough for one or two pints and possibly a cash game.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Anybody know what has replaced the Irish Open Sat in the SE on a tuesday night? Has it reverted back to the €10 r/buy as per the sticky?

Advertisement