Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Open Satellite @ The Sporting Emporium.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Get in there Dom! I knew once you removed overplaying JJ from your game you'd have a good shout! :p

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Cheers all. There were 125 runners for 10 tickets last night.

Apart from a deperation all in with K8 sooted and dogging AK with AT when I had already raised and a shorty went all in I was never in danger really. I got either really bad cards or fairly good cards in the main. For a finish our table has no real short stack when 6 handed (smallest 50k) while the other table had two players that let themselves get to under 20k, and they both went out on the same hand for a finsih to remove the tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5starpool wrote:
    Cheers all. There were 125 runners for 10 tickets last night.

Apart from a deperation all in with K8 sooted and dogging AK with AT when I had already raised and a shorty went all in I was never in danger really. I got either really bad cards or fairly good cards in the main. For a finish our table has no real short stack when 6 handed (smallest 50k) while the other table had two players that let themselves get to under 20k, and they both went out on the same hand for a finsih to remove the tension.

So there were 10 tickets??

That's what I said isn't it?

5starpool wrote:
    Oops!! :o Read the second paragraph...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

Mate just rang me, he was one of 3 short stacks, (3rd lowest) . He had A7 , one of the big stacks opened raised for about 6k, shortstck one all in, shortstack 2 all in, he called. 4 or 5 of them check it down to eliminate the two shortstacks. (Flop A7 he didn’t bet) And Bobs yer Aunties live in lover .....good luck to him I think he'll need it but he's over the moon...
    I hope he does well as he is a real life bad beat Joe, he was the guy called on his set of 4s by a bloody gutshot from one of the wags on this board at JPs game....

Is there a website covering this as I don't expect to be able to get down to watch due to illness.

Tiocfaigh ar final table.

10 tickets I believe with cash for 11.

5starpool wrote:

Dom with <4 hours sleep I love it!1 angry.jpg

Willie, both Blonde poker and Antes up will be covering the Event live.

ollyk1 wrote:
    Dom with <4 hours sleep I love it!1 angry.jpg
    Please don't compare me to a picture of Wayne Rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Solksjaer

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Willie, both Blonde poker and Antes up will be covering the Event live.

thank you. I presume these are typed updates. I'll browse in on the Saturday to see who's doing well. In very jealous mode at the moment.
    Pity to see a yank take down the EPT the weekend. Don't let it happen folks.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote:

I was looking for a baldy angry pic but that was the best I could do!

Are you selling slices of your action Dom by the way? I wouldn't mind 3% if it was going...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

5starpool wrote:

BERGER_Patrik_19971018_GH_R.jpg

This better Dom?

;)

Much better Phil. That's what I looked like before I had my locks shorn off :)

ollyk1 wrote:
    I was looking for a baldy angry pic but that was the best I could do!

Are you selling slices of your action Dom by the way? I wouldn't mind 3% if it was going...
    Was contemplating it but decided against it Olly.

5starpool wrote:
    Was contemplating it but decided against it Olly.

No bother Dom, I'll be keeping an eye out for your progress in any event.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

5starpool wrote:
    I got a ticket. Yay me!!! Off to bed now to sleep, had to come on and brag first though. Willow won one for Eamonn, Oberon got one but wants to sell it I think and the guy who came 3rd last night in the $100 boards game got one, but I don't know his name.
    wd!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

5starpool wrote:
    I got a ticket. Yay me!!! Off to bed now to sleep, had to come on and brag first though. Willow won one for Eamonn, Oberon got one but wants to sell it I think and the guy who came 3rd last night in the $100 boards game got one, but I don't know his name.

Do'h missed this post. Anyone have a phone number for Oberon? I know a few people looking to buy tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

wd dom...
    no such luck my end. apparantly when i open push UTG for 13 bb's the chap in the big blind who has 9 big blinds is "priced in" and calls on the blind. AQsuited no good against 34off. this is 4 tables out... can ANYONE explain this call to me?! leaving me with 4 blinds, i push with k10 against 77, flop had to be k77. when i got moved to table 4 with 36 players left i heard the following conversation:

a: "you just missed aces getting cracked by my KQ"
    b: "i cracked em earlier"
    c: "me too"
    d: "yea, so did i... and kings earlier too!"
    a: "i dont like aces anyway, they get you in so much trouble"
    b: "yea, tell me about it, i ALWAYS lose with them"
    c/d: nodding in agreement...

prizes for guessing who the 4 chip leaders at my table were?! anyone!? stupid game this!! playing jackpot cash league tonight and then im done for a while!
    ditpoker = grumpy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

well done Willow and EIGHT of the others who qualified...
    and dom

ditpoker wrote:
    wd dom...
    no such luck my end. apparantly when i open push UTG for 13 bb's the chap in the big blind who has 9 big blinds is "priced in" and calls on the blind. AQsuited no good against 34off. this is 4 tables out... can ANYONE explain this call to me?! leaving me with 4 blinds, i push with k10 against 77, flop had to be k77. when i got moved to table 4 with 36 players left i heard the following conversation:

prizes for guessing who the 4 chip leaders at my table were?! anyone!? stupid game this!! playing jackpot cash league tonight and then im done for a while!
    ditpoker = grumpy

lol Donkaments. Move up Levels. Etc.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    lol Donkaments. Move up Levels. Etc.
    :(

ditpoker wrote:
    wd dom...

ditpoker = grumpy
    Ya, I'd imagine there will be a 'mixed' standard at the open. Some of the play in the SE last night was just atrocious, and it wasn't helped by the fact that from the 400/800/100 level it got a to be a bit of a pushfest, albeit necessarily so with that many runners.

I was saying all night that it would be the 10 luckiest players that get tickets, as there was little room for fancy play.

5starpool wrote:
    Ya, I'd imagine there will be a 'mixed' standard at the open. Some of the play in the SE last night was just atrocious, and it wasn't helped by the fact that from the 400/800/100 level it got a to be a bit of a pushfest, albeit necessarily so with that many runners.

I was saying all night that it would be the 10 luckiest players that get tickets, as there was little room for fancy play.

i was motoring along nicely, well above average at the 300/600/50 level... then was bb and sb, moved table into the bb and sb... blinds went up, and then i was just below average with 13 big blinds in the space of about 6 hands.

5starpool wrote:
    Ya, I'd imagine there will be a 'mixed' standard at the open.
    this honestly scares me....

5starpool wrote:
    ive spent 15 mins trying to find your post about "i wont be wishing anyone luck in the open bcoz im not playing and im a moany arse" but luckily i couldnt find it....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Hawk Eye

ditpoker wrote:
    wd dom...

lmao, i busted on the 300-600 level too last hand before the chip up.
    Just raised the last 4 hands uncontested then pick up AA in the big blind. Some aul fella with dark glasses limps calls my 2700 raise, flop KQ6, i lead 3300 he shoves another 14k back to me. I call pretty quickly cause I'm only worried about KQ and even still have decent equity against that(27%).
    He tables K6 wtf, if I suck out there I'm sure I secure a ticket even with 65 or so left cause the standard from most was godawful.

Congrats on the ticket 5star.

I came across that this morning Joe, and I never mentioned that I wasn't playing, just that I didn't wish anyone any luck, and that I wasn't bitter or jealous. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Well done Dom-at least my chips went to good use.Lost a race with 55 against your k8.Goodluck on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

jbravado wrote:
    Well done Dom-at least my chips went to good use.Lost a race with 55 against your k8.Goodluck on friday.
    Dom ya fish, never had u down as a K8 man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Well done Dom! Can't wait to follow your progress over the weekend. It honestly seems (from all the threads and being so far away from the action as I am) that there are more boardsters playing in the open than not!

Advertisement